Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing noted in the above-mentioned Age article, is that the police found the dehydrator at the Koonwarra Transfer Station ... the dump closer to EP's house.

Yet the Under Investigation show says the police were at the further away rubbish dump in Korumburra.

Now I feel that (at some point) I need to go back and relisten to that piece of the Under Investigation show. To see exactly what the private detective said. Were the police at the further away dump in Korumburra looking solely for microwave trays and other kitchen utensils .... was the dehydrator actually found there?

Because I am now wondering if evidence was perhaps thought to be split between the two rubbish dumps.

(There are so many ads in the online version of the show, it makes it tedious relistening to it.)

Toxicology Reports. Will They be Publicly Released?

snipped for focus @MsMarple interesting thought about EP possibly hilding her tongue, while waiting for tox results.

IIRC, there are differences btwn U.S. & OZ about amt & nature of info LE releases pre-trial to public.

My Q. is in the ^ title---that is, publicly released before a warrant is issued or an actual arrest made? Anyone? TiA

ETA: Sorry, if already discussed & answered. Trying to catch up in thread.

It is doubtful that any tox reports will be released prior to any legal action.

If the police need to continue to apply pressure, they may state some of the findings, but likely not release the actual reports. imo

At this point in time, I believe EP is completely innocent, from everything I've read and seen about this case so far. I feel badly for her to be in this position, and the kids have been removed too, which must be hard on everyone. There is absolutely no way she would have let her kids have the leftovers (even if the mushrooms were scraped off) had she known they were deadly. MOO.

There is an Age article, dated 14th August, which states (in EP's statement) that the Dept of Health has taken dried mushroom samples from a Mount Waverley Asian grocery store, where EP said she bought the dried mushrooms over 3 months ago. EP said that she agreed the mushrooms looked like the ones she bought there.
MOO but it would have been awesome if the investigators showed her a packaging that is nothing like any available, to see if she agreed that is what she got

At this point in time, I believe EP is completely innocent, from everything I've read and seen about this case so far. I feel badly for her to be in this position, and the kids have been removed too, which must be hard on everyone. There is absolutely no way she would have let her kids have the leftovers (even if the mushrooms were scraped off) had she known they were deadly. MOO.
We only have her word that she fed her kids the leftovers. Yes, it's a good guess she wouldn't feed them the leftovers if she knew they were deadly. Her kids didn't even get sick. So, she either didn't feed them any leftovers or they weren't deadly. Otherwise the kids would have been poisoned. I have no idea how that translates into her being innocent. There could have been two versions of the beef wellington. One poisoned and one not. Or the poison was in something else, like the sauce or gravy. Or she didn't feed them any leftovers and only claims she did.

Last edited:
We only have her word that she fed her kids the leftovers. Yes, it's a good guess she wouldn't feed them the leftovers if she knew they were deadly. Her kids didn't even get sick. So, she either didn't feed them any leftovers or they weren't deadly. Otherwise the kids would have been poisoned. I have no idea how that translates into her being innocent. There could have been two versions of the beef wellington. One poisoned and one not. Or the poison was in something else, like the sauce or gravy. Or she didn't feed them any leftovers and only claims she did.
All of what you say is just speculation of course also. You obviously believe she purposely poisoned them while I choose to believe in her innocence until we get more evidence from LE.

How did you get there?

So, my question, if no chaperone, who transported the kids to the movies? It’s not gonna be someone in the last stages of cooking a beef wellington IMO.

we were usually dropped off at city limits and bussed the rest of the way

idk how big this town is where they live - could be city bus stop is close by, could be they walked if it's close enough, could be they took a cab, could be an older person dropped them off ... maybe they went for the day in which case she could've dropped them off earlier?

All of what you say is just speculation of course also. You obviously believe she purposely poisoned them while I choose to believe in her innocence until we get more evidence from LE.
The facts are, kids didn't get sick. So either leftovers were not poisoned or she didn't feed it to them. How is that speculation? You think they ate the poisoned leftovers but didn't get sick?

we were usually dropped off at city limits and bussed the rest of the way

idk how big this town is where they live - could be city bus stop is close by, could be they walked if it's close enough, could be they took a cab, could be an older person dropped them off ... maybe they went for the day in which case she could've dropped them off earlier?
Or they never went to the movies at all. Again, we only have her claiming that kids went to the movies.

The facts are, kids didn't get sick. So either leftovers were not poisoned or she didn't feed it to them. How is that speculation? You think they ate the poisoned leftovers but didn't get sick?
It hasn't even been proven they were poisoned from the food she cooked though. So, yes, that's speculation on your part, right?

Read my post again. I am talking about leftovers. If the kids ate them, there was no poison in them. Or the kids didn't eat them. Where is the speculation?
There is a possibility that the poisoning didn’t happen at the lunch at all.

If this was a murder mystery the audience would be lead to believe it was Erin. Lunch with an ex husband’s parents. Conflicting stories about a reconciliation and who did and didn’t want that. She and her kids didn’t get sick. The ex husband previously falling ill with some kind of gastrointestinal condition (though I suspect this is only a “mystery” because the media don’t know the details). Erin dumping what appears to be potential evidence in the lead up to the fateful lunch. The story is captivating. Maybe there is a twist none of us can see coming?

Unfortunately it’s not a fictional murder mystery and three people have really passed away. It must be tough being in the inner circle with all the speculation surrounding this case plus the grief of losing several loved ones so unexpectedly.

There is a possibility that the poisoning didn’t happen at the lunch at all.

If this was a murder mystery the audience would be lead to believe it was Erin. Lunch with an ex husband’s parents. Conflicting stories about a reconciliation and who did and didn’t want that. She and her kids didn’t get sick. The ex husband previously falling ill with some kind of gastrointestinal condition (though I suspect this is only a “mystery” because the media don’t know the details). Erin dumping what appears to be potential evidence in the lead up to the fateful lunch. The story is captivating. Maybe there is a twist none of us can see coming?

Unfortunately it’s not a fictional murder mystery and three people have really passed away. It must be tough being in the inner circle with all the speculation surrounding this case plus the grief of losing several loved ones so unexpectedly.
As far as I am concerned, that possibility is slim to none.

As far as I am concerned, that possibility is slim to none.
I’m not quite ready to accuse EP of murder just yet but I’m rejecting most of the stranger theories.

For example, IMO it’s possible EP foraged the mushrooms but is lying to avoid getting in trouble. I don’t think it’s possible the ex relatives were poisoned by coffee or tea consumed at a cafe that has not been mentioned at all in msm but caused EP to think she was poisoned due to anxiety.

Last edited:
E's symptoms would have been from anxiety that she'd also been poisoned. Anxiety does cause gastrointestinal symptoms and there's the added force of suggestion.
EP's symptoms might have been from anxiety, but IMO anxiety has many sources in this context. I believe she would be fairly secure she wasn't poisoned. But...she could have been anxious about the dehydrator, the survival of one lunch guest, whether she'd be found out, the fact of having murdered someone, the children being taken away.....lots of possibilities.

Last edited:
If the mushrooms were scraped off, that means the pastry was presumably removed, too. I would imagine the kids were served a nice roast beef. They'd be none the wiser if mum told them it was beef wellington leftovers with the mushrooms scraped off.

EP's symptoms might have been from anxiety, but IMO anxiety has many sources in this context. I believe she would be fairly secure she wasn't poisoned. But...she could have been anxious about the dehydrator, the survival of one lunch guest, whether she'd be found out, the fact of having murdered someone, the children being taken away.....lots of possibilities.
I was answering the question, IF the poisoning had happened elsewhere eg at a cafe, why would EP also have symptoms? And in that case, she wouldn't have known how or where the poisoning happened and might well have suspected she was poisoned herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo