Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i read it was a much smaller amount to kill also, 10 seems extreme
She was a professional mushroom lady so if she estimates 10 to kill 3 and almost a 4th l go with that an even more qualified mushroom lady to challenges it.

The juvenile mushrooms sort of look like button mushrooms, so maybe she was going off that.

Either way. Point stands. You ain't getting that toxin out of that dish.

I want to see the package for the button mushrooms, the receipt, or CCTV at the store. Maybe there were no button mushrooms.

IMO she served her kids regular roast beef, but told them it was beef wellington with the mushrooms scraped off. It would never have occurred to the kids to think otherwise than to beLieve mum.

Also, if the bw had mushrooms scraped off, it would still taste like mushrooms, and the kids wouldn’t be eating it.

Last edited:
At this point in time, I believe EP is completely innocent, from everything I've read and seen about this case so far. I feel badly for her to be in this position, and the kids have been removed too, which must be hard on everyone. There is absolutely no way she would have let her kids have the leftovers (even if the mushrooms were scraped off) had she known they were deadly. MOO.
What reason do have to think that law enforcement are wrong to suspect her?

I’m with y’all that the kids didn’t eat any part of the Wellington. Tenderloin roasts have tapered ends which are cut off in order create a cylinder that allows the meat to cook evenly.

Why wouldn’t EP just save those delicious ends to serve the kids the following night instead of tearing the Wellington apart to remove mushrooms?

I’m not convinced she was as enamored of her ex relatives as she claims. JMO

They don’t believe she’s innocent. Or at least they strongly suspect her enough to take the actions they have thus far.
You say you believe she is completely innocent. Why would LE suspect her if so?
LE has the job to investigate what took place. She is a POI because she cooked them a meal. That doesn't mean she's guilty of intentional poisoning. The investigation is still ongoing with no charges yet.

LE has the job to investigate what took place. She is a POI because she cooked them a meal. That doesn't mean she's guilty of intentional poisoning. The investigation is still ongoing with no charges yet.
True. But some of their statements definitely indicate that they are finding troubling inconsistencies with her information.

True. But some of their statements definitely indicate that they are finding troubling inconsistencies with her information.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if members of LE have shared suspicions with each other unofficially or otherwise. Noticing red flags and determining why they exist is exactly what they’re trained to investigate.

Like it or not EP herself has created some of the red flags through her own words and actions. Hopefully the evidence will ultimately lead to the truth. JMO

So, I found a video that explains and demonstrates how to identify death caps. Once I watched this, I had a much better understanding of the mushroom issues in this case. We have mod approval for this video.

Though people can use "may have" as a definite.

As in, "I may have overlooked that error on my tax return" when they know very well that they deliberately made the error.

For me, there is an accumulation of things that are not doing her any favours. Things that could be cleared up if she went to the police station, with her lawyer, and answered their questions.

Why does she think it is okay not to do that, I wonder.

Without a baseline it is utterly impossible to fathom why she didn't go to the police and speak with them openly and honestly.

We can speculate she has an attorney on dial-up because she buys and sells properties. But a conveyancing attorney is not a criminal attorney so it is possibly true that she received bad advice initially.

The truth is that dC have not been officially confirmed as poisoning source.
I do wonder what other toxic substances produce the same or very similar effects?
I mean chemical, not organic.

Taking the dehydrator to the dump may have no relevance at all.

I don't see what use it would have been for that meal.

Why do people lie if they're not guilty?

That investigation is closed tightly and we simply have no information until LE provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo