Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a harder and harder time believing most of what EP said to reporters and in the statement she gave her lawyer.

She claimed to have fed her kids the lunch leftovers the next day after scraping off the mushrooms.

By then she was aware that the four ex relatives had gone to hospital with gastric distress which doctors initially attributed to possible food poisoning. I think even EP went to the hospital with gastric distress then returned home.

So while doctors *only* suspected food poisoning EP decided to feed her kids leftovers from the very meal in question. Who the heck does that?
Right. No sane person feeds their children poisoned meals and what I cannot fathom is why she won't clear her name, once and for all, with the Police, so her little ones can return to their home.

Show receipts. Come clean. Talk to the Police. For the sake of the children, I hope she can.

Right. No sane person feeds their children poisoned meals and what I cannot fathom is why she won't clear her name, once and for all, with the Police, so her little ones can return to their home.

Show receipts. Come clean. Talk to the Police. For the sake of the children, I hope she can.
Maybe she has been talking to the police. Really, we don't know anythiung at all about what's been happening from an official perspective. MOO

the alleged removal of her children might well be a routine procedure and I don't believe it is connected with her lack of conversations with the police.

It doesn't matter how that convo goes, they still need to investigate!
Investigations of this nature take time.
It will not expedite their return, if it is a thing that they were removed because she is a or was a person of interest.

We do NOT know when precisely her guests became ill or when precisely she was notified.
They became ill that evening, as far as we know. LE likely has a treasure trove of their communications with Simon following the lunch and reporting their illness: they are seniors with a nearby son, who canceled at the last minute. No doubt in my mind, he knows a lot, and has spilled all to LE.

They became ill that evening, as far as we know. LE likely has a treasure trove of their communications with Simon following the lunch and reporting their illness: they are seniors with a nearby son, who canceled at the last minute. No doubt in my mind, he knows a lot, and has spilled all to LE.
Did he ever state a reason for not attending the lunch that day? He seems to have a lot to say.

Did he ever state a reason for not attending the lunch that day? He seems to have a lot to say.
Simon hasn’t said anything to the media yet. Apparently a friend of his is the source so who knows if he even was invited in the first place?

Edited to add a link.

Last edited:
'The last minute' cancellation has mixed reports.
He may have cancelled weeks before.
We do not know how far they travelled or when precisely they started manifesting symptoms.
Nor do we know that they communicated with their son prior to attending hospital or even where he was located or his proximity to them at the time.

Have you considered that she may be entirely innocent?
I have and I do.

We do not know how far they travelled or when precisely they started manifesting symptoms.
Nor do we know that they communicated with their son prior to attending hospital or even where he was located or his proximity to them at the time.

I have and I do.
My point did not have to be timeline specific. As I mentioned ^^^, seniors often communicate illness to sons/daughters. I know this from experience, but you are correct that I haven't seen where communication has been verified. The lunch purportedly involved a mediation of some kind, and Simon evidently was scheduled to be involved. Given those parameters, it seems likely that the 4 (or at least his parents) conveyed info about the lunch and/or the follow up illness to their son.

I considered EP might be innocent for all of 5 seconds into her Q and A with reporters outside her home. I reached that conclusion from my own observations without input from other sources (or here). As a profession, I am especially focused on how people use language. Before that, I was in the innocent camp.

Daily Mail Timeline:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.04.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.04.44 PM.png

Last edited:
My point did not have to be timeline specific. As I mentioned ^^^, seniors often communicate illness to sons/daughters. I know this from experience. The lunch purportedly involved a mediation of some kind, and Simon evidently was scheduled to be involved. Given those parameters, it seems likely that the 4 (or at least his parents) conveyed info about the lunch and/or the follow up illness to their son.

I considered EP might be innocent for all of 5 seconds into her Q and A with reporters outside her home. I reached that conclusion from my own observations without input from other sources (or here). As a profession, I am especially focused on how people use language. Before that, I was in the innocent camp.
The 'mediation' is at rumour level.
It has not been confirmed, just suggested by an un named alleged friend of her former husband.
Not a fact unless confirmed by lE.

What the mushroom expert on the show said (IIRC) was that one Death Cap mushroom can make an adult very sick, possibly die, but two would definitely kill an adult.

Perhaps that is where the "up to 10" Death Cap mushrooms comes from. An estimate of what could definitely kill the lunch attendees so quickly.
I think the estimate given on that show was 10 death caps to poison four adults - so approx 2.5 mushrooms a piece. It was probably just the most generous estimate so perhaps 2.5 a piece if they were small mushrooms or something?- so standard deviation going down from there? Or experts disagree? Not a biggie, Imo. Jmo

I’m having a harder and harder time believing most of what EP said to reporters and in the statement she gave her lawyer.

She claimed to have fed her kids the lunch leftovers the next day after scraping off the mushrooms.

By then she was aware that the four ex relatives had gone to hospital with gastric distress which doctors initially attributed to possible food poisoning. I think even EP went to the hospital with gastric distress then returned home.

So while doctors *only* suspected food poisoning EP decided to feed her kids leftovers from the very meal in question. Who the heck does that?
Maybe that is why the State took her children into care? Imo

the alleged removal of her children might well be a routine procedure and I don't believe it is connected with her lack of conversations with the police.

It doesn't matter how that convo goes, they still need to investigate!
Investigations of this nature take time.
It will not expedite their return, if it is a thing that they were removed because she is a or was a person of interest.
I think in the circumstances -which are basically that direct cause leading to effect are unknown with investigation needed - removing the children as a "precaution" would be routine.Moo.

AFAIK, all police have formally and publicly stated re the lunch and EP is that the deaths are unexplained (meaning I think, unknown if accidental or deliberate rather than unexplained natural causes), EP cooked a meal that it is known all four ate (three since deceased, one remaing seriously ill), although unexplained, symptoms of possible mushroom poisoning were evident, by virtue of being the cook EP is a POI. Moo - On that basis children were removed as a precaution. Moo

I have and I do.

I can think of five possible scenarios. I've listed them below, but the bottom four each have major caveats that make them much less likely IMO.
  1. She poisoned the meal intending to harm one or more of the invited guests.
  2. She accidentally picked poisonous mushrooms and added them to the dish. Problem: It doesn't jibe with her most recent statement (made in accordance with advice from her attorney) that she only used mushrooms from the market.
  3. The poisonous mushrooms were store-bought. Problem: From what we have learned about the supply chain this seems exceedingly unlikely. Plus, no one else has become ill.
  4. Another person poisoned the meal. Problem: How did this person get unfettered access to the food and why was Erin not affected.
  5. The victims were poisoned at another location. Problem: There's been no indication that the four met up separately. Also, if this happened at a commercial establishment we almost certainly would have heard about the repercussions.

.just saving what Simon said about his illness (from a decent source.) Please pay attention, the neighbors defined the family as very private.

I'll never pay attention to NYpost
There is no new information here.
This is dated august 10.
It has already been reported that she is known to be private.
It has already been reported that they were separated for years and their final separation happened in Jan 2021.

I imagine that Australian healthcare facilities are pretty adept at diagnosing and if he had consumed green potatoes or whatever fantasy source of deadly nightshade the imaginary friend imagines, he would have received a diagnosis and it would be a fact known, not speculated.
He had several surgeries according to this.

I can think of five possible scenarios. I've listed them below, but the bottom four each have major caveats that make them much less likely IMO.
  1. She poisoned the meal intending to harm one or more of the invited guests.
  2. She accidentally picked poisonous mushrooms and added them to the dish. Problem: It doesn't jibe with her most recent statement (made in accordance with advice from her attorney) that she only used mushrooms from the market.
  3. The poisonous mushrooms were store-bought. Problem: From what we have learned about the supply chain this seems exceedingly unlikely. Plus, no one else has become ill.
  4. Another person poisoned the meal. Problem: How did this person get unfettered access to the food and why was Erin not affected.
  5. The victims were poisoned at another location. Problem: There's been no indication that the four met up separately. Also, if this happened at a commercial establishment we almost certainly would have heard about the repercussions.
we have already examined these possibilities.
We do not know who had access to her house or her ingredients.
That is not the same as suggesting she had sole access to everything in her kitchen cupboards.
We do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member