Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
every little detail around this case is impossible to happen unless she is guilty.
Well if Erin is charged with manslaughter or murder or anything really, it’s not up to her and her legal team to prove she is innocent, it’s up to the prosecution (the Crown) to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she is guilty.

Disclaimer: INAL

I also think at this point one should remain open to a range of possibilities, especially considering that Erin P. is only a “person of interest,” LE have not even said she is a suspect, and she’s not yet been charged with any crime.

I do think that if LE do charge her, they will throw the book at her. It’s not like she can negotiate a guilty plea with immunity from prosecution if she tells them where the bodies are, as LE is already in possession of the bodies of the deceased persons…so they don’t need that information from her, in terms of their whereabouts

If she is responsible, imo Erin has no bargaining chips here. Let’s watch this space.

All MOO. BBM. IBM.

Last edited:
RSBM

Here's a question:

there's been mention in earlier media reports of the handwritten label on the mushrooms bought at the Asian shop.

And in an article discussed in the last thread (from the UK Independent, I think) she is described as wanting "to use them up" as they'd been in her pantry for a while.

So where is this labelled packaging she would presumably have discarded in her trash if she used up the last of the mushrooms? (or that is still in her pantry if she didn't use them all)

Also when she said "use them up" it made me wonder if she had used any of them previously in some other meal? If so, it might offer some indication that the dried mushrooms weren't actually the source of the poison.

MOO

I agree. I also wonder if the poison was of the type that could be "measured". Of course, a minimal amount could have been injested, to cause tiniest amount of symptoms for herself. However, of the four victims, three who were deceased were: parents of S. and his aunt. The fourth, Ian, is not a blood relative. Pethaps it was random, but could it be also possible that Ian was less involved in the family drama and merely asked by his SIL to intervene? That he was not the intended target? I wish Ian all the best.

What did the sisters like to drink? Coffee liquor? What did the men like to drink? Whiskey?

We are…

If she foraged for them, it would have been in Autumn 2023 or maybe even Autumn 2022 as that is when Death Cap Mushrooms are in season…it’s August now in Australia, which is the last month of Winter, so presumably if she foraged for D.C. M., she would have done so months ago.

Edit:

Also, and this is bit off-topic: How long do dried mushrooms last? If person of interest Erin allegedly used a food dehydrator to dry the alleged death cap mushrooms, then surely this would have occurred in 2023 and not 2022?

All jmo
Dried mushrooms can last for years.

MSM has published photos of Simon hunting (presumably in Africa? I don’t know), so I’m thinking perhaps he killed some type of meat and ate it, and possibly being unregulated meat it had some sorts of worms or parasites in it, which could possibly account for some of his intestinal issues. His illness seemed to be intestinal, and the way it was reported didn’t seem to be very similar to the illnesses of his poor relatives…but I’m not sure as i haven’t seen his hospital records.

I feel like if this whole family should just purchase their food from a supermarket, moving forward.

IMO
Imoo SP's prior intestinal illness likely wasn't because of any sort of intentional poisoning by EP or anyone else. Or put another way, it will prove to be unconnected to this case is my speculation. Moo

Maybe EP hasn't done anything nefarious, and is thinking "What the heck happened?!"
At this stage we don't know what else was consumed at the lunch, or even if the lunch meal was the cause.
Presumably other food was consumed by the victims on that day.

I'm still far from convinced that she had motive to murder her in-laws. She had been able to move forward from the separation and establish her independence successfully. What would she really have to gain?
IMO there are others who had far stronger motive than she could possibly have.

Something which really strikes me when reading the posts is the comment which she states was made to her by
SP - "is that how you poisoned them?" Please hear me out here. I realise that he would have been distraught about his parents. Nevertheless, that is an unconscionable comment to make to EP IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN. That comment IMO could deeply traumatise them, maybe for the rest of their lives. (I imagine the children could corroborate the statement if necessary.)

I have started to wonder whether EP had found herself in a quite abusive (verbally at least) and emotionally horrible marriage, which had prompted her to separate. I also wonder if her demeanour indicates low self-esteem, and a historical experience of being blamed for things which occur, whatever they may be.

I also am not convinced that SP's illness was necessarily related to ingestion of death cap mushrooms. There may have been some other cause entirely.
I have also wondered whether that illness may have been self-inflicted, and gone awry, with much more serious consequences than expected.
JMO MOO
I've entertained very similar speculations to some you raise here. And absolutely I don't think there is any real evidence that we are aware of that SP's prior illness was caused by some sort of deliberate poisoning. Certainly not by Death Cap mushrooms, but also any other poisoning. That's Moo. It's also moo that down the track there will prove to be no connection between that illness and the current case. We don't have access to SP's medical records but it's possible that investigators may be granted some kind of access via warrant to investigate that illness if deemed appropriate. Moo

A pastor and family, at lunch time, in a (reportedly) already volatile situation such that a mediator was thought advisable? Could be wrong, but I'd guess no alcohol.
reportedly being the operative word.

think about who ‘reportedly’ made the claim and then think about the comment to EP by her ex ‘is that what you used to poison them’ - it’s the sort of thing a gaslighter would say.

Then think about the info we have that EP allegedly did not want a reconciliation and what her financial status is.

I do think there is more to it than meets the eye.

think about who ‘reportedly’ made the claim and then think about the comment to EP by her ex ‘is that what you used to poison them’ - it’s the sort of thing a gaslighter would say.

Then think about the info we have that EP allegedly did not want a reconciliation and what her financial status is.

It's nearly all 'reportedly', one side or another.

Her financial status, I'd call it secure. I don't think she wanted Simon back for the money. If he wanted her back for her money, calling her a poisoner is probably not a good move.

I haven't written him off, and I'm not convinced she's been trying to reconcile. Lately I'm thinking her intensity might have centred on Gail. With Gail saying, I value our relationship, but I'm not your mother. Back off a little.

Hi there…

Lately I'm thinking her intensity might have centred on Gail. With Gail saying, I value our relationship, but I'm not your mother. Back off a little.
Is Gail the mother in law? What makes you think her intensity might have centered in Gail? It’s food for thought, isn’t it. Thanks for your post.

Last edited:

Adding to that; as reported in most Msm, that same unverified source 'reportedly' claimed that SP thinks that he may have been poisoned by some substance or other found in root vegetables like green potatos in 2022 (cannot recall the details given in those unverified reports but they were reportedly made by unverfied source in Msm articles approved by WS). According to that unverified source ("SP's friend") SP has made claims that he 'felt unwell' (paraphrase) after spending time with EP. I'm definately not claiming the actual substance of the reported statements as 'fact'. Only that Msm reportedly has an unverifed source that has reportedly made these claims since this case happened Moo.

Just adding that personally Moo, I don't think Msm would entirely make up a source then make up that source's statement.

Hi there…

Is Gail the mother in law? What makes you think her intensity might have centered in Gail? It’s food for thought, isn’t it. Thanks for your post.
Someone posted a personal story in the last thread, which I'd like to read again but can't find. Not about Gail or a mother-in-law, but it took my imagination that way. In her media interview EP did talk about Gail having been a replacement mother after her own mother's death. Well, Gail might have been totally happy about that, or she might have felt that it made ongoing demands she couldn't meet.

The death caps are out of season, so if she did use them on purpose to lace the meal this means she had them on her person for quite some time.

This means the use of the mushrooms is premeditated OR it’s been a contingency plan / a just in case plan.

I’m struggling to understand how, when we’re looking at someone who supposedly has the wherewithal to preplan the execution of all of her dinner guests. From picking and dehydrating poisonous mushrooms months earlier, storing them safely, engineering a dinner where they would all be present, carefully handing the death caps so as she herself wouldn’t ingest them, making sure her children were safely at the cinema, but yet she’s not thought of a reasonable explanation on how it could have happened.

Surely someone with such murderous intent would have dumped the dehydrator months earlier AND not made it obvious she’s used poisonous mushrooms by making a dish where mushrooms play a key role.

And, on top of all that one of the key guests was missing! Was she that keen to kill she thought ‘F it’ I can’t be bothered to wait another week / month until I can get them all in the same room. Makes no sense.
maybe, if she is guilty, she just wanted to harm them a little,for whatever reason,not kill them?

RSBM

Here's a question:

there's been mention in earlier media reports of the handwritten label on the mushrooms bought at the Asian shop.

And in an article discussed in the last thread (from the UK Independent, I think) she is described as wanting "to use them up" as they'd been in her pantry for a while.

So where is this labelled packaging she would presumably have discarded in her trash if she used up the last of the mushrooms? (or that is still in her pantry if she didn't use them all)

Also when she said "use them up" it made me wonder if she had used any of them previously in some other meal? If so, it might offer some indication that the dried mushrooms weren't actually the source of the poison.

MOO
or they were used in the meal that allegedly made her ex sick?

I’m not sure if there’s any value to a one word yes or no answer in response to another’s post but if we’re going to go there then my answer to the question of whether or not someone purposely sneaked in to EP’s house and switched her stash of mushrooms then my answer is a resounding NO! JMO
I asked Tootsie Footsie as they said they do believe it’s possible someone did snuck in and switched them, and just said to answer yes or no, because if TF did have someone particular in mind they wouldn’t be able to say on Websleuths as nobody else has been named a person of interest.

Basically, I was curious if the poster’s theory was a random break and enter where the prowler decided to switch mushrooms :))) or if TF thought it could be someone (possibly known?) did it without her knowing.

That was my train of thought and why yes or no would suffice for me.

Maybe EP hasn't done anything nefarious, and is thinking "What the heck happened?!"
At this stage we don't know what else was consumed at the lunch, or even if the lunch meal was the cause.
Presumably other food was consumed by the victims on that day.

I'm still far from convinced that she had motive to murder her in-laws. She had been able to move forward from the separation and establish her independence successfully. What would she really have to gain?
IMO there are others who had far stronger motive than she could possibly have.

Something which really strikes me when reading the posts is the comment which she states was made to her by
SP - "is that how you poisoned them?" Please hear me out here. I realise that he would have been distraught about his parents. Nevertheless, that is an unconscionable comment to make to EP IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN. That comment IMO could deeply traumatise them, maybe for the rest of their lives. (I imagine the children could corroborate the statement if necessary.)

I have started to wonder whether EP had found herself in a quite abusive (verbally at least) and emotionally horrible marriage, which had prompted her to separate. I also wonder if her demeanour indicates low self-esteem, and a historical experience of being blamed for things which occur, whatever they may be.

I also am not convinced that SP's illness was necessarily related to ingestion of death cap mushrooms. There may have been some other cause entirely.
I have also wondered whether that illness may have been self-inflicted, and gone awry, with much more serious consequences than expected.
JMO MOO
yes, i too wonder if she has low self exteem, watching her on the videos of her being ambushed by journos, she seems to be shy and lacking confidence, almost childlike, and im wondering if shes been bullied and trodden down, i feel sorry for her but of course i do realise she may be guilty:(

A pastor and family, at lunch time, in a (reportedly) already volatile situation such that a mediator was thought advisable? Could be wrong, but I'd guess no alcohol.

Well, not volatile enough not to skip food. Beef Wellington, probably, implies dinner. I assume that there was at least wine served with it. On the other hand, liquor might be tricky (someone could refuse), but convenient as the taste of poison might not be noticeable. This is why i am thinking, whiskey or coffee liquor. Or a cocktail as it is a mixture of god-knows-what to start with. As to the pastor, don't they use blood of Christ on Sundays? It was not a business negotiation, the group ultimately came to announce their opinion. Why am I thinking that the poison was mixed into a drink? Because people will always drink something, if not alcohol, then coffee.

Adding to that; as reported in most Msm, that same unverified source 'reportedly' claimed that SP thinks that he may have been poisoned by some substance or other found in root vegetables like green potatos in 2022 (cannot recall the details given in those unverified reports but they were reportedly made by unverfied source in Msm articles approved by WS). According to that unverified source ("SP's friend") SP has made claims that he 'felt unwell' (paraphrase) after spending time with EP. I'm definately not claiming the actual substance of the reported statements as 'fact'. Only that Msm reportedly has an unverifed source that has reportedly made these claims since this case happened Moo.

Just adding that personally Moo, I don't think Msm would entirely make up a source then make up that source's statement.
Yes, I agree with you. I don't think MSM would entirely make up a source and then make up that source's statement. IMO "SP's friend" has somehow been able to convince MSM that he/she is indeed SP's friend (although the source is unverified), and has then provided a statement (or two...or three...) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08