Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see any parents trying to influence a reconciliation, in light of an unhappy marriage breakdown. I think most parents would respect the situation, despite their possible disappointment. SP and EP are grown adults and would make their own decision, not just reconciling because of the parent’s view. Parents just want their kids to be happy. I think if SP and EP could have moved forward being amicable for their children‘s sake, the parents would‘ve accepted it. A reconciliation certainly won’t be happening now.IMO
Parents in "Christian" families, especially if they are connected to the church, will often try to intervene and encourage couples to stay together for the sake of the family, and church. IMO.

Last edited:
Parents in "Christian" families, especially if they are connected to the church, will often try to intervene and encourage couples to stay together for the sake of the family, and church. IMO.
In this case it doesn't sound like they wanted them to get back together.

Although that might be just the word of a "friend"

Perhaps the friend got it wrong and it was EP who didn't want to get back together

She doesn’t claim she foraged them though and never has done.

Also if she had actually claimed that it and it was Death Cap that killed them that would be a lot harder to prove.

Also thank god in the UK mushrooms can be brought in a packet for 80p so I never had to try and pick my own mushrooms.

Why do you believe she stood to gain from their deaths?
I can’t fathom that either… only, if she did do it and she did it on purpose then it would be to gain ‘something’.

Money, revenge, peace, attention, power, or satisfaction. I don’t know enough about the family to even guess at what she would gain.

I can’t fathom that either… only, if she did do it and she did it on purpose then it would be to gain ‘something’.

Money, revenge, peace, attention, power, or satisfaction. I don’t know enough about the family to even guess at what she would gain.
Added to which, we can never second guess all the psycho murderers we unfortunately discuss here.

View attachment 443202

This is a screenshot of the map Under Investigation showed of the two local rubbish dumps.

EP apparently dumped the dehydrator at the Korumburra rubbish dump.

I measured the driving distances on Google maps, to try to confirm what the private detective said (about EP using the dump that is further from her home).

From Leongatha to Koonwarra rubbish dump is an 8 minute drive. Link
From Leongatha to Korumburra rubbish dump is a 13 min drive. Link
(Keep in mind that Google is giving me the Sunday night driving time, I expect traffic would be very light/non existent.)

Both rubbish dumps seem to have the exact same disposal conditions - recyclables free to dump, charges apply to other items. (links below)

Waste Disposal Facilities (Tips) - Korumburra
Waste Disposal Facilities (Tips) - Koonwarra
Road works in progress, or a rougher road?

I can’t see any parents trying to influence a reconciliation, in light of an unhappy marriage breakdown. I think most parents would respect the situation, despite their possible disappointment. SP and EP are grown adults and would make their own decision, not just reconciling because of the parent’s view. Parents just want their kids to be happy. I think if SP and EP could have moved forward being amicable for their children‘s sake, the parents would‘ve accepted it. A reconciliation certainly won’t be happening now.IMO
However, in this case: if it's true that E poisoned the group; and if it's true S's parents had concerns about E's mental health and that some people ought not to be around her: they weren't wrong.

If they were poisoned at a cafe I would think there would be other victims as well, not just these four. Plus, I'm sure the authorities would shut down the cafe if there was any possibility it was a source so they could go through the kitchen with a fine-tooth comb, interview employees, visit suppliers and so forth. Which would undoubtedly have come out in the press.

As for being poisoned in one of the other homes, that could be possible if they actually did meet up elsewhere. Although there's not been the slightest whisper that they did so. The big question however would be, "Why was EP complaining of stomach pains and diarrhea if she wasn't present at the other home"? It would be (yet another) awfully big coincidence if Erin just happened to get food poisoning from a different source at the very same time.
E's symptoms would have been from anxiety that she'd also been poisoned. Anxiety does cause gastrointestinal symptoms and there's the added force of suggestion.

How did you get there?

So, my question, if no chaperone, who transported the kids to the movies? It’s not gonna be someone in the last stages of cooking a beef wellington IMO.
Does anyone know how far out of town they lived? A walkable distance? If the kids had biked it, would there have been a place to park their bikes?

When I went to the local cinema with friends when I was about eleven, I think we mostly got dropped off by parents. But we did walk and bike all over the district.

E's symptoms would have been from anxiety that she'd also been poisoned. Anxiety does cause gastrointestinal symptoms and there's the added force of suggestion.
You are so right! When I feel especially anxious about something, my stomach begins to churn, rumble and move about. I only recently put the two together (anxiety = gastrointestinal symptoms). If someone else put it into her head that she could have poisoned others, it would be a very anxiety-driven time for her to cope with.

Maybe there’s some truth in the rumor that the ex relatives were concerned with EP’s mental health. I’m glad the children are somewhere safe. Perhaps EP should have a psychological evaluation. JMO

If you're implying that people with anxiety must be unfit parents, I don't accept that.
I’m not implying anything about people who have anxiety. I’m talking about EP who’s been named a POI in a possible poisoning case. Whose children have been removed from her care as a precaution.

Toxicology Reports. Will They be Publicly Released?
....The real question IMO is whether EP will stick with her story of buying the mushrooms from an unidentified Asian market or change it to her accidentally foraging death caps. Perhaps she’s waiting for the toxicology results before saying more? MOO
snipped for focus @MsMarple interesting thought about EP possibly hilding her tongue, while waiting for tox results.

IIRC, there are differences btwn U.S. & OZ about amt & nature of info LE releases pre-trial to public.

My Q. is in the ^ title---that is, publicly released before a warrant is issued or an actual arrest made? Anyone? TiA

ETA: Sorry, if already discussed & answered. Trying to catch up in thread.

RSBM

The real question IMO is whether EP will stick with her story of buying the mushrooms from an unidentified Asian market or change it to her accidentally foraging death caps. Perhaps she’s waiting for the toxicology results before saying more? MOO

There is an Age article, dated 14th August, which states (in EP's statement) that the Dept of Health has taken dried mushroom samples from a Mount Waverley Asian grocery store, where EP said she bought the dried mushrooms over 3 months ago. EP said that she agreed the mushrooms looked like the ones she bought there.

The Dept of Health has not confirmed whether or not this statement is true, and said it is a police matter.

Has anyone seen an actual copy of EP's statement? I have been looking all over the place for it. I am wondering if the police have asked MSM not to publish it, even though MSM has obviously sighted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper