Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not working for me. Police would just go and get a warrant, they wouldn't involve him.
They did go get a warrant but not until the Saturday afterwards.
She could have just cleaned it.
We don't know what day the conversation took place in the hospital.
I had thought it took place on the same day she and the kids were at the hospital for their treatment, (Sunday?) but I guess they all could have went there daily for all we know.

She was.
But no way to know whether it was the effect of his words on her psyche because she was emotionally genuinely devastated or she feared leaving it around lest somebody else interfere with it.
I don't know what size it was, many are quite tiny.
She could have just binned it in her own refuse.
Unless she felt it would not be safe there either.
From who though?
I have no idea.
What is the point of a tiny dehydrator? The items to be dehydrated have to fit inside it.

She was.
But no way to know whether it was the effect of his words on her psyche because she was emotionally genuinely devastated or she feared leaving it around lest somebody else interfere with it.
I don't know what size it was, many are quite tiny.
She could have just binned it in her own refuse.
Unless she felt it would not be safe there either.
From who though?
I have no idea.
Who are all these people who have access to her pantry and access to her kitchen to mess with her dehydrator and taint her dried mushrooms? Does she lock her doors?

After this happened she was worried somebody would be able to mess with it and frame her somehow? WHO?

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Who are all these people who have access to her pantry and access to her kitchen to mess with her dehydrator and taint her dried mushrooms? Does she lock her doors?

After this happened she was worried somebody would be able to mess with it and frame her somehow? WHO?

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
She also claims she purchased the dried mushrooms. So why would she think somebody is messing with her dehydrator? The mushrooms she supposedly purchased were already dried (dehydrated).

I had thought it took place on the same day she and the kids were at the hospital for their treatment, (Sunday?) but I guess they all could have went there daily for all we know.
That's what I thought too.
Her and the children went in on Sunday.
She was in in Monday too because she had symptoms allegedly. but reports are muddled about that.
I think it had to be the Sunday if that was the only day the kids were with her.
The others were all in ICU so unlikely children would have been allowed to visit.
Then again, it was reported and I truly do choke on those words because I don't trust any of the reports, that the children were removed from her home but no idea when that happened.

That's what I thought too.
Her and the children went in on Sunday.
She was in in Monday too because she had symptoms allegedly. but reports are muddled about that.
I think it had to be the Sunday if that was the only day the kids were with her.
The others were all in ICU so unlikely children would have been allowed to visit.
Then again, it was reported and I truly do choke on those words because I don't trust any of the reports, that the children were removed from her home but no idea when that happened.
We don't know she didn't stay in hospital overnight Monday? It's a lot to happen in one day, she went back to the local hospital, was transported by ambulance to Monash, admitted, got assessed and received treatments. The discharge rigmarole.

If the children were with their father while EP was in hospital, there are several occasions they might have been together at the hospital after Sunday. He might have picked her up from Monash on Tuesday, taking the children along.

We don't know she didn't stay in hospital overnight Monday? It's a lot to happen in one day, she went back to the local hospital, was transported by ambulance to Monash, admitted, got assessed and received treatments. The discharge rigmarole.

If the children were with their father while EP was in hospital, there are several occasions they might have been together at the hospital after Sunday. He might have picked her up from Monash on Tuesday, taking the children along.
But when did lE become involved?
I've seen their presser from august 9th and details in that were blurry and not quite accurate.
I'm trying to figure when it changed from a medical investigation to a criminal investigation, still in an attempt to answer your original question..

what I've gathered is that she attended hospital on Sunday with the children because at that stage they suspected poisoning- food poisoning.

they were all okay and discharged following assessment.
On Monday she developed symptoms and attended alone and received treatment.
The fuzzy bit is whether they kept her overnight or discharged her the same day following treatment.

It's a very tight timeframe.

They're all admitted on Sunday with gastro enteritis symptoms and suspected food poisoning.

When did the hospital first suspect dc poisoning..?

Who notified lE? When were lE notified?

EP seems to me to be in a very precarious position … she may be charged with accidental poisoning of her childrens grandparents or with their murder
If it’s the latter , her time in prison will damage her relationship with the children and impact divorce financial settlement
If it’s the former it may still do the same as those kids are going to be troubled by the charges against her

At best she s going to have troubled and traumatised teenagers on her hands
At worst she may lose them completely

The ex husband will eternally blame or suspect her unless the cops prove none of this is true ( ie she was set up)
I really hope this family get clarity soon because I feel for those poor kids caught in this
I agree, EP's relationship with her children will probably be changed forever. Especially if she is charged with, and found guilty of, murder. If she isn't found guilty, or even charged, they will still wonder for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
If she had reason to believe that someone was accusing her of poisoning her dinner guests, she'd be doubtless expecting a visit from the police and want to 'clean up' her home in case there were any illicit substances. Even if she didn't poison her dinner guests.

Why would she think the dehydrator would be a thing of interest even if she thought we was suspected of poisoning? since when is it necessary to use one to poison someone with mushrooms? The only reason it became a theory is because she created it herself by dumping it. Cleaning up her place is very different to dumping a dehydrator. She clearly expected it to be forensically tested because she knew she used it for the mushrooms.

I suppose if I was expecting LE to come to check out my kitchen, I would tidy it up a bit. But I don't believe I have any illicit substances, as my life is pretty boring, criminally speaking. But what about all the knives?!

what labrador?:eek:
She has a Labrador. When media confronted EP at her house and she said she was feeling ‘shithouse’, EP was wrestling with the dog at the doorway.
Labradors are generally up for any leftovers in my experience…so to have additional leftovers to give the health dept, then must have been plenty to go around.

She has a Labrador. When media confronted EP at her house and she said she was feeling ‘shithouse’, EP was wrestling with the dog at the doorway.
Labradors are generally up for any leftovers in my experience…so to have additional leftovers to give the health dept, then must have been plenty to go around.
thank you, i was worried a labrador had been poisoned, they eat everything!!:)
also its nice to know she has some company

But there are no veterinary reports, are there?
labs will only eat everything if they're given everything.
Many people will not feed leftovers to animals because they're unbalanced.

how soon is the Coroners Court likely to know?

Getting a case scheduled in Coroners Court is like getting a case scheduled in any other court. It doesn't happen quickly.

An inquest itself can last however long it takes for the Coroner to hear the witnesses and evidence. Days, weeks.

Then it takes longer (maybe a few weeks or months more) before the Coronial Findings (a report) are released.

I'm sure she's perfectly intelligent enough to comprehend that in today's world you can't just magically say you purchased poison mushrooms somewhere with no proof, no evidence, etc - and also - whilst being simultaneously well known for foraging mushrooms and not be the key suspect.

Unless - someone else did her shopping for her and switched out the mushrooms for poisonous ones. Or there's a malicious tamperer who messed with the store product as a one off and it so happens the person who purchased them was also a forager and had a dehydrator.

It is possible someone targeted the whole household and she got lucky IMO but that would hardly be likely by way of a product tampering situation.
Or there's a malicious tamperer who messed with the store product as a one off and it so happens the person who purchased them was also a forager and had a dehydrator.

The odds are surely near infinitum of those circumstances occurring. We haven't discussed what segment of the population in the area forages for mushrooms or else I missed it. How many of that segment of foragers also dehydrates mushrooms? Simon enjoyed foragering, too.

I recall towards the end of the first year after Libby and Abby were murdered in Delphi, Indiana, Abby's mom invited Libby's grandparents, Becky and Mike Patty, over for a dish of foraged mushrooms. A man foraging in Indiana found a small boy's body in a suitcase.

APR 27, 2022 Washington County, Indiana - Cairo found in a suitcase
Earlier in April, another forager found the body of 40-year-old Crystal Vanlue while hunting in the wooded area of Ray Clinton Park in Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Mushroom Hunter Stumbles Upon Boy's Corpse on Easter Weekend: Police

OCT 27, 2022 Louisville, Kentucky
The day before Easter Sunday, Jeffrey Meredith was foraging for mushrooms in the woods near his Washington County home when he found a suitcase and inside, the remains of a little boy.
On Wednesday, Indiana State Police identified the child as 5-year-old Cairo Jordan of Atlanta.
Indiana man who found the body of a child in a suitcase now finds comfort in learning his name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en