Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like MrJ I've also been wondering why they wouldn't just bring her in for formal questioning without arresting her, so assume they have pieced a lot of it together by now..

I'm wondering if the doggos were looking for a burner phone that she could have used to do some online research, maybe they could see an unaccounted for device that had been connected to her wifi or through her ISP..?

moo obviously..

Here is a pic I found of the AFP puppies in training :)

1698895347834.png

Like MrJ I've also been wondering why they wouldn't just bring her in for formal questioning without arresting her, so assume they have pieced a lot of it together by now..

I'm wondering if the doggos were looking for a burner phone that she could have used to do some online research, maybe they could see an unaccounted for device that had been connected to her wifi or through her ISP..?

moo obviously..

Here is a pic I found of the AFP puppies in training :)

View attachment 457575
Absolutely. Moving to the arrest phase in a case like this usually means that they’ve gathered enough evidence to place a strong brief before the court and have got all their ducks in a row.

I would be quite surprised if they don’t file charges against Erin in very short order.

Once they arrest, charge and remand a suspect in custody the gathering of evidence is over. No more wiretaps, no more surveillance. They won’t do this if they still hope to gather more evidence.

I'm always interested in hearing about Erin's possible motivation for this crime (if she is found guilty).

IMO it could have been about child custody and the four guests had dirt on Erin that they were going to reveal in court.

Also I have often wondered whether Erin is mentally ill.

or personality disorder? is that considered mental illness?

According to the Daily Mail, they brought in special tech detector dogs. I wonder what they are searching for.

Detectives have also brought in specially-trained 'technology detector dogs' - that can sniff out USB memory keys and sim cards - to help scour the property.

The technology detection dogs have been supplied by Australian Federal Police who say they can find memory storage devices such as USBs, hard drives, mobile phones, storage device cards and SIM cards.

The dogs are considered to be the most elite of all sniffer dogs and capable of sensing the microns-thin coating that protects computer circuit boards.

that's amazing but knowing this, wouldn't a suspect just dispose of them somewhere else?
she's not a stupid person and has a history of following true crime so she might know this

or personality disorder? is that considered mental illness?
Various personality disorders are certainly considered mental illnesses according to the DSM. They have recently been renamed to avoid what were considered stigmatizing or derogatory terms. For example Borderline Personality Disorder is now called complex PTSD.

questions: please refresh my memory- Her being the only cook at the deadly lunch and the major POI, didn't vicpol obtain a warrant to do a by-the-book forensic-level search of her house in the first week or 2?........
edit: thkyou folks i found answers in the thread.

Last edited:
I'm confused, wasn't she questioned a few months ago, then the press release that her lawyers screened beforehand? What is the difference between formal questioning and being questioned after you've been arrested?
IMO - The difference is she has now been arrested & I personally don’t believe she will be going home after this interview. MOO

Absolutely. Moving to the arrest phase in a case like this usually means that they’ve gathered enough evidence to place a strong brief before the court and have got all their ducks in a row.

I would be quite surprised if they don’t file charges against Erin in very short order.

Once they arrest, charge and remand a suspect in custody the gathering of evidence is over. No more wiretaps, no more surveillance. They won’t do this if they still hope to gather more evidence.
thankyou for the knowledge

Summary of press conference:
- EP's property is still in the process of being searched, including with the assistance of technology sniffing dogs from the AFP (Australian Federal Police).
- Once that has been completed, EP will be interviewed from detectives from the Homicide Squad.
- No charges yet.
- Notes that the investigation has had significant media interest.
- Police will give updates when possible.
- Police are calling for people to refrain from speculation regarding this case so as not to adversely impact the investigation.
- Remember that at the heart of the investigation are three deaths, and that such a tragedy will be deeply felt in close-knit, small communities.

I think that's about it, happy to be corrected on other points.

edited post to include quotes from Detective Inspector Dean Thomas from the Guardian live blog:
View attachment 457555

thank you!

IMO - The difference is she has now been arrested & I personally don’t believe she will be going home after this interview. MOO
Indeed. Today’s questioning will give the Police a chance to confront Erin with the case they have built against her, give her an opportunity to respond if she chooses to and then formally charge her with whatever offense the evidence justifies.

They know she has legal representation from a lawyer well versed with murder trials, they will expect her no make another no comment record of interview. To arrest under those circumstances suggests they have a strong case.

Various personality disorders are certainly considered mental illnesses according to the DSM. They have recently been renamed to avoid what were considered stigmatizing or derogatory terms. For example Borderline Personality Disorder is now called complex PTSD.
I haven't heard this before and keen to know more if you happen to have a link/reference as that's not my understanding of C-PTSD :)

vinteresting re what the dogs are prob. trained to sniff for.
{ A SIM card is basically an electronic chip that is made of silicon in addition to some other metals including phosphorus and gold. If you notice SIM cards you will see an outer layer of gold, which comes into contact with your device.}
source: google search- awaRefiners.co.uk (old sims are sold in bulk for their scrap gold.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member