Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody who can read it, please say what the source for this information is. Gullible online friend? But if it's true--scary.

The sources are an Airservices Australia spokesperson who confirmed EP's employment as an air traffic controller.
And one of her former work colleagues who worked alongside EP.

She is described as highly intelligent.

It sounds as if she got into the course, which is very difficult to get into and then excel at, but only worked for a year at Tullamarine as a controller until her abrupt departure in Nov 2002.
It doesn't say why she abruptly departed the job.

The sources are an Airservices Australia spokesperson who confirmed EP's employment as an air traffic controller.

It sounds as if she got into the course, which is very difficult to get into and then excel at, but only worked for a year at Tullamarine as a controller until her abrupt departure in Nov 2002.
I think she is highly intelligent but also unstable and unhinged.

Breaking: It’s been said that Erin Patterson is an eccentric genius. Source: Herald Sun,

I feel like suggesting that an entire State police force, plus the AFP, might just be smarter than her.

‘Cause where is the eccentric genius tonight? In prison. And where will the reported eccentric genius be for the next circa 6 months? Also prison.

Edit: Sorry, @TootsieFootsie I just saw you’ve linked this up thread….

Last edited:
“6. The accused in the State of Victoria between 16/11/2021 and 17/11/2021 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.
7. The accused in the State of Victoria between 25/05/2022 and 27/05/2022 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.
8. The accused in the State of Victoria on 26/09/2022 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.”

It is interesting that some of these dates span several days and they are weekdays not weekends. I’m not entirely convinced they were living separately for as long as has been reported…..unless the accused was kindly dropping off some home cooking for her ex?
It is also possible that some of the attempted poisonings were not food based.
The accused was quite brazen and determined in my opinion.

Post in thread 'Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*' Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*

I am thinking that from very superficial, cursory view, SP and EP are different people and I would not be surprised if the now-deceased two parental families also differed in interests, views of life, well, everything. In such cases, the relationships might be warm but not close at all. There is nothing to dislike but haven't we seen the cases when people can barely find common themes for a conversation, their interests being so far apart? Regardless of EP's relationship with own parents (of which I have no knowledge whatsoever), there might have been an element of "my parents worked too hard for this house" in EP's recent view of the family situation. Deep in my heart, I believe that the police has a very good reason for the arrest and hope they'll prove the poisonings with the intent. I wish them good luck. About the other attempts, not so sure but we'll see. However, I think all of it was driven by the unwillingness to share anything with her ex.

As a woman, I understand EP. You do feel that your inheritance is your family's provenance. But I see anger, impulsivity and sadly, very poor judgment in her actions. Worst of all, she never sat down and gave a thought to her children's future should she succeed. We are all human, life is unpredictable and planning to murder an ex, the father, who is and will be needed by the growing up kids, equals not thinking about them at all. And now she is arrested, three of the kids' relatives died - how will they cope? So she either is unable to look at this world beyond her own perspective, or she is prone to extreme, overwhelming impulsivity.

It is very interesting that EP worked as ATC. It is a much-needed profession and they are well-trained and well-paid. They have to be disciplined yet possess flexible, non-rigid, thinking. They should be calm and potentially prepared to negotiate with someone agitated up in the sky. I wonder if the stress of the job for EP was coming not from the logical, but from the human portion of it.

Last edited:
It is also possible that some of the attempted poisonings were not food based.
The accused was quite brazen and determined in my opinion.
[rsbm]
Other than oral poisoning (food, drink), I can only think of inhaled poison (gas), and dermal absorption.

The former seems unwieldy and technically challenging and preparing poison for dermal application is so technically complex that I would think a perpetrator who did the research to understand and administer a topical poison would also get the dose right and achieve a fatal outcome (assuming that was the desired outcome).

The fact that the previous alleged poisonings failed to kill Simon, I feel that poisoned food or beverages were used, as they are easier to administer and often less than lethal depending upon the poison selected.

Also from that article (paraphrased) ...

According to a former colleague she is much brighter than people might expect.

She was able to readily control or exert influence over guys, although having a very untidy or disheveled appearance.

She could display an unkind and rude manner. She once insulted her department head when he accidentally tripped in the office.

Also from that article (paraphrased) ...

According to a former colleague she is much brighter than people might expect.

She was able to readily control or exert influence over guys, although having a very untidy or disheveled appearance.

She could display an unkind and rude manner. She once insulted her department head when he accidentally tripped in the office.

Ohhh, that could definitely be seen as a special skill.
I wonder if she had any other suitors waiting in the wings for her to become available to date?

I have heard that she didn’t like having her photo taken… in fact I recall a Daily Mail article where they shared a picture of her feet only!

Perhaps she prepared a “plate” to be sent home for SP since he missed the lunch and possibly had special dietary requirements after operations and prior illness. EP wouldn’t think the other 4 would touch it because it was Special food for SP, but they instead incorporated it into an evening meal shared between the 4. Like they combined his plate with some other leftovers in a fry-up or bubble & squeak.

[rsbm]
Other than oral poisoning (food, drink), I can only think of inhaled poison (gas), and dermal absorption.

The former seems unwieldy and technically challenging and preparing poison for dermal application is so technically complex that I would think a perpetrator who did the research to understand and administer a topical poison would also get the dose right and achieve a fatal outcome (assuming that was the desired outcome).

The fact that the previous alleged poisonings failed to kill Simon, I feel that poisoned food or beverages were used, as they are easier to administer and often less than lethal depending upon the poison selected.
Yes, I was thinking of medicines/chemical substances ingested orally through a spiked drink or added to food.
I’m sure the accused’s internet search history will be interesting. She may also have books about plant medicine in her vast collection of books…Agatha Christie stories may have been a source of knowledge about poisoning for her too.

From the SMH -- not pay-walled at the moment:

The court heard that police would need extra time to prepare their case because they needed to analyse computer material seized during a search of Patterson’s Leongatha home on Thursday.

. . .

Patterson was remanded to reappear in court in May.

[Magistrate] Walsh noted the large media contingent in his courtroom, before reminding Patterson that he did not have the power to hear bail hearings for people accused of murder. The Supreme Court would need to hear such an application at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper