Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if he could. If all were possibly warned, or not all or any, and with him still recovering if he has full memory with the enormous trauma his body and mind must have and still be going through. My heart goes out to him.
I wonder if eh even remembers that day. Sometimes a severe illness will erase those memories.

Regarding bail:

It is understood Patterson will be held behind bars until her next court appearance on May 3, where she is expected to appear in court via video link.

However, a bail application could be made at any point, which would see Patterson need to prove to the court why she was not a risk to the community while awaiting trial.

Her next court appearance is likely to revolve around what witnesses might be called at a preliminary hearing.

The end of that hearing will determine when and if her case is pushed into the Supreme Court of Victoria where she would go on trial.

That trial is not expected to go ahead until late next year at its best due to Victoria's clogged court lists.

Regarding bail:

It is understood Patterson will be held behind bars until her next court appearance on May 3, where she is expected to appear in court via video link.

However, a bail application could be made at any point, which would see Patterson need to prove to the court why she was not a risk to the community while awaiting trial.

Her next court appearance is likely to revolve around what witnesses might be called at a preliminary hearing.

The end of that hearing will determine when and if her case is pushed into the Supreme Court of Victoria where she would go on trial.

That trial is not expected to go ahead until late next year at its best due to Victoria's clogged court lists.
Thanks MsMarple, that was very helpful.

People have expressed the opinion that EP would not be a danger to anyone if released on bail. While that is likely true, it isn't necessarily the case. Assuming she is guilty of murdering her ex-husband's family, and attempting to murder him, then IMO she has shown a willingness to murder anyone whom she has a grudge against, or who stands in the way of something she wants, or whose death would benefit her. If guilty as charged, I would not trust her an inch in certain situations. JMO

I had a look at info about mediation in settling matters in a divorce/separation. This is highly encouraged in Australia, to save court time and the unnecessary lining of lawyers pockets. In my state, I am pretty sure that couples are required to try mediation first, and a court will only decide the settlement & custody if mediation doesn't work.

Churches can mediate, though it is a less common mediation option taken up by couples. And I would wonder if IW could be called an independent third party mediator, seeing that he is related to SP by marriage.

ETA: Having said that, I see in the graphs supplied in the linked article that 36% of people use relatives to help resolve settlement and custody issues.

Australian Government Department of Social Services - Use of, and Attitudes to, Mediation Services Among Divorcing and Separating Couples

imo
BBM, I don't know for sure, let alone the situation in different states, but I think what is compulsory is a session with a marriage counsellor, which is different from mediation. The counsellor doesn't try to repair a marriage unless both partners genuinely want to be in it.

People have expressed the opinion that EP would not be a danger to anyone if released on bail. While that is likely true, it isn't necessarily the case. Assuming she is guilty of murdering her ex-husband's family, and attempting to murder him, then IMO she has shown a willingness to murder anyone whom she has a grudge against, or who stands in the way of something she wants, or whose death would benefit her. If guilty as charged, I would not trust her an inch in certain situations. JMO

If the Supreme Court allows her bail - if she applies - they might give her home detention.
We have a lady here in SA who deliberately OD'd both of her parents, and she got home detention bail with a $610,000 surety. (Raelene Polymiadis)

Last edited:
BBM, I don't know for sure, let alone the situation in different states, but I think what is compulsory is a session with a marriage counsellor, which is different from mediation. The counsellor doesn't try to repair a marriage unless both partners genuinely want to be in it.

I don't know about other states, but my niece and her husband HAD to go to mediation in SA. Apparently, it is the first step in the process here. They weren't even bickering. Then the judge signed off on the terms resulting from the mediation. They didn't have to go to marriage counselling.

imo

She had a 4 month window of opportunity to liquidate some assets and flee to a non-extradition country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper