Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so what would happen if the person being arrested had pets or children etc and no family or friends to mind them, and the trauma to children seeing their parent arrested?
i guess someone like child services may accompany police but what about pets?
Arrangements would be made with local animal rescue or shelter. I know when my partner's mother worked for the RSPCA, they had a dog come in that she 'knew' from a previous job at a boarding kennel. The owner was going away for a long stretch, and he knew it. He asked her to look after Dink (the dog) while he was at the shelter, because Dink knew and trusted her, and she did. If Dink had been a prospect for rehoming he would have been, eventually, because none of the owner's family or friends could take him, but he wasn't, so she made sure his life was good while he was there. The RSPCA also took in animals whose owners were hospitalised. Animals who came in for things like that were generally reuinted with their owners or family after a while.

It's likely that EP has made arrangements for her dog, or nominated a friend to take it. If her kids are closely bonded to it, which I can't imagine they aren't, it may end up with them eventually.

MOO

I was thinking exactly the same. These “friends” are probably very jealous of her house and inheritance, and comforting themselves with “no harm done, there is nothing incriminating here”, while in effect, it is about mega-$$$$ the DM is paying.
Wow some “friend”… selling off her text messages to the DM.

People have expressed the opinion that EP would not be a danger to anyone if released on bail. While that is likely true, it isn't necessarily the case. Assuming she is guilty of murdering her ex-husband's family, and attempting to murder him, then IMO she has shown a willingness to murder anyone whom she has a grudge against, or who stands in the way of something she wants, or whose death would benefit her. If guilty as charged, I would not trust her an inch in certain situations. JMO
I'd be very concerned she'd do a murder/suicide with her children. Or maybe try and finish the job and kill her ex?

BBM, I don't know for sure, let alone the situation in different states, but I think what is compulsory is a session with a marriage counsellor, which is different from mediation. The counsellor doesn't try to repair a marriage unless both partners genuinely want to be in it.
Mediation doesn't try to repair a marriage either, unless that is what both sides want. Mediation means to 'meet in the middle.'

What mediation means?
Mediation involves the intervention of a third person, or mediator, into a dispute to assist the parties in negotiating jointly acceptable resolution of issues in conflict. The mediator meets with the parties at a neutral location where the parties can discuss the dispute and explore a variety of solutions.

The problem I see with this apparent attempt at mediation was that mediators are supposed to be 'neutral.' I can see the church offering to do mediation because they can attempt neutrality. But in this case, the pastor was married into
SP's family. So he was not really neutral.

I'm shocked she wanted to live in the woods, instead of that beautiful beach house her mother left to her girls.
I don't know how close the sisters are. They inherited it together, so they'd have to both live in it or they'd have to sell it and split the cash. Unless EP was able to buy her sister out.

Mediation doesn't try to repair a marriage either, unless that is what both sides want. Mediation means to 'meet in the middle.'

What mediation means?
Mediation involves the intervention of a third person, or mediator, into a dispute to assist the parties in negotiating jointly acceptable resolution of issues in conflict. The mediator meets with the parties at a neutral location where the parties can discuss the dispute and explore a variety of solutions.

The problem I see with this apparent attempt at mediation was that mediators are supposed to be 'neutral.' I can see the church offering to do mediation because they can attempt neutrality. But in this case, the pastor was married into

Four against one, two actual parents and their best friends, nothing neutral there at all.
Makes one wonder what was going on.

What mediation means?

I read SouthAussie's comments in the light of the definition used in the link in her original post on this topic.

3.2 Definitional issue
It was essential to define for prospective respondents the meaning of the term 'mediation service'. The definition used was:
By 'mediation service' we mean Relationships Australia's mediation service, the Family Mediation Centre, the mediation service of the Family Court, or a private mediator to assist you settle issues such as parenting and property. We do NOT mean marriage guidance counselling or Family Court counselling or assistance by friends or other individuals.

Edit: I agree about the independence issue, and I also think a professional mediator would not have combined a mediation session with a social occasion such as a lunch provided by one of the parties. And if the mediation was to fulfill a divorce requirement, surely Simon's absence was a disqualification.

Last edited:
Do they really pay that well though?
Daily Mail doesn't pay that well for stuff like this. (Source: I work in media.) This case won't be back in the news in full force until May or so, and there's no "smoking gun" in these texts. Everyone already knows she inherited money from her mother and spent it on property and had a house built. If she said "It was hard holding the pillow over her mouth" or something like that, maybe it would be interesting but it's not really germane to her current pile of legal issues.

Four against one, two actual parents and their best friends, nothing neutral there at all.
Makes one wonder what was going on.
and who knows how long this interfering maybe bullying behaviour had been going on,
she was free from her unhappy marriage, she had her children, her dream house and dog, happiness,
so why was she still having to endure what sounds like an intervention, i doubt she welcomed or felt comfortable in these situations?

and who knows how long this interfering maybe bullying behaviour had been going on,
she was free from her unhappy marriage, she had her children, her dream house and dog, happiness,
so why was she still having to endure what sounds like an intervention, i doubt she welcomed or felt comfortable in these situations?
Well, if I look at it from the victim's point of view, maybe EP needed an intervention. Maybe her kids had some issues that were not being addressed? Maybe EP has some mental health issues that were a concern to their grandparents, who wanted some more time with the grand kids and perhaps more time for the father as well?

If SP and his family really did believe she had been poisoning him, they have good reason to try and do a mediation and attempt some kind of communication/negotiation so they could resolve the situation.

Just because she felt uncomfortable it doesn't mean she should sprinkle dehydrated death caps into the Wellington.

Well, if I look at it from the victim's point of view, maybe EP needed an intervention. Maybe her kids had some issues that were not being addressed? Maybe EP has some mental health issues that were a concern to their grandparents, who wanted some more time with the grand kids and perhaps more time for the father as well?
ATT, we don't know the details of the circumstances but Erin made sure the children were out of earshot while at the movies that fateful day when their Gparents came for lunch. Maybe she resented interference insofar as she wanted the land, the 2 story house, her money and the children all free and clear. However, when four adult relatives wish to discuss child custody issues then it shows its importance in the lives of everyone, including the precious offspring. They must feel their lives are in turmoil. It's unfair. I wish SP could have saved them this misery somehow.
If SP and his family really did believe she had been poisoning him, they have good reason to try and do a mediation and attempt some kind of communication/negotiation so they could resolve the situation.
If those family members in attendance at the lunch as invited guests felt Erin was guilty of poisoning SP, I rather doubt they'd eat or drink anything while at her home. Perhaps SP had not been forthcoming with his illness for whatever reason as he could have been. It's a mystery to us why they weren't already divorced. SP would be granted a D w/full custody right away in the USA, if requested, since their mom has been arrested for serious charges. Is it the same in Aussie?
Just because she felt uncomfortable it doesn't mean she should sprinkle dehydrated death caps into the Wellington.

I don’t believe EP felt bullied at all. I’ve seen nothing in msm about this being an involuntary or court ordered meeting.

IMO EP was enraged that her estranged husband chose to skip her Beef Wellington luncheon.
JMO

I don’t believe EP felt bullied at all. I’ve seen nothing in msm about this being an involuntary or court ordered meeting.

IMO EP was enraged that her estranged husband chose to skip her Beef Wellington luncheon.
JMO

I don't think she knew he wasn't coming until the last minute though (not verified) and the mushrooms would have needed to be prepared in advance (picked, dehydrated, powdered) as well as the BW is apparently a dish that takes a whole day to prepare as it's left overnight to settle or something.

So even if she was furious and enraged she must have at least had the DC mushrooms close to hand and ready to use, spontaneously. Maybe that's what she did? I wonder if we'll ever know?

I don't think she knew he wasn't coming until the last minute though (not verified) and the mushrooms would have needed to be prepared in advance (picked, dehydrated, powdered) as well as the BW is apparently a dish that takes a whole day to prepare as it's left overnight to settle or something.

So even if she was furious and enraged she must have at least had the DC mushrooms close to hand and ready to use, spontaneously. Maybe that's what she did? I wonder if we'll ever know?
I agree. But I was actually addressing speculation here that EP was being bullied by the relatives. Everything I’ve seen and read about her leads me to believe she’s quite capable of standing up for herself.

Plus, while I’m not familiar with much of Victorian law I doubt EP was forced or court ordered to participate in a mediation run by her estranged husband’s family. That would be a blaring conflict of interest IMO.
JMO

She said she knew he wasn't coming "prior to the day". That would be easy to check. I don't think there was anything spontaneous, but that she had plans when she issued the invitations.

Marital Status.
From day one,
lots of MSM said EP & SP had lived separately for years,
some said they were in the midst of a divorce,
others said merely that they were estranged.

Do we know as a FACT that either EP or SP actually FILED for dissolution of marriage?
Is this info available to the public in VIC? Not looking for details, just whether either one filed for D/ M, and when. Presumably it would be filed in the judicial district or county in which EP or SP lives.
Anyone? TiA.

(If I actually posted ^this^ question before, sorry. Maybe it violated ToS & was deleted as it was pre-arrest? Or did I just imagine posting that?)

Last edited:
Marital Status.
From day one,
lots of MSM said EP & SP had lived separately for years,
some said they were in the midst of a divorce,
others said merely that they were estranged.

Do we know as a FACT that either EP or SP actually FILED for dissolution of marriage?
Is this info available to the public in VIC? Not looking for details, just whether either one filed for D/ M, and when. Presumably it would be filed in the judicial district or county in which EP or SP lives.
Anyone? TiA.

(If I actually posted ^this^ question before, sorry. Maybe it violated ToS & was deleted as it was pre-arrest? Or did I just imagine posting that?)
Someone not a party to the marriage can request a search to see if there has been a divorce, but there is a fee of $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo