Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said something about sub justice and this assumption that the public that choose to comment on this case via social media (et al) will be less inclined to adhere to sub judice than journalists reporting for MSM. I don’t agree, I think certain media outlets have been pretty liberal, even after EP was arrested and after sub judice was in place. Moo
I know what you mean about MSM, but the press do have regulations that they're supposed to follow. Some publications do like to skirt as close to the edge as they are legally allowed to, but they know where the line is. And that there is one, which the average social media commenter may not realise. JMO.

I don't class this forum as average social media by the way. IMO posters here are generally better informed than most and if they're not, the moderators will quickly step in to remind them what the rules are. A lot of forums and social media is not moderated at all.

Hey all, here’s the Age with the scoop today:

Erin’s Mount Waverley townhouse is up for auction!
After 4 years, and in today's market, one would expect to make a profit, and easily sell it for $1million plus. But I presume the money is needed sooner rather than later to fund EP's defence, and so some lucky person may get a bargain.

After 4 years, and in today's market, one would expect to make a profit, and easily sell it for $1million plus. But I presume the money is needed sooner rather than later to fund EP's defence, and so some lucky person may get a bargain.
I think it’s going to do very well at auction! Imagine the publicity it will have leading up to it! Thanks to The Age and co.

IMO

A couple of interesting things in the articles today about EP selling her Mt Waverley unit. It goes up for auction this Saturday at 11am.

The first thing is The Age says that the unit was jointly owned by EP and SP, they bought it in 2019. Then in 2021 it was transferred into EP's name only. (Did a financial settlement happen at this time?)

The other thing, in the Herald Sun article, it says that it is not known if VICPOL intend to freeze the sale of the property or any proceeds of sale. The article mentions how earlier this year, VICPOL put a restraint on the property of Greg Lynn (accused high country killer) - and how they are more and more freezing the assets of accused criminals in recent years. They then distribute any proceeds to the victims of the crime, if a conviction is secured.

A US Forensic Psychologist takes a first look at the case.

Almost two hours. I thought he was pretty fair and unbiased.

Though when they go through all the possible scenarios as to what happened and why, I can think of a few more that they don't mention.

Last edited:
Just looked at the photos of the unit.
Doesn't look like it's worth anywhere near a million dollars to me.

I know house prices have gone up a lot in some areas though.
it’s a popular Location, and prices in Melbourne are quite expensive.

it’s quite common for auction prices to exceed the reserve price.

Just looked at the photos of the unit.
Doesn't look like it's worth anywhere near a million dollars to me.

I know house prices have gone up a lot in some areas though.

They apparently bought the unit in 2019 for $931,000. Link

And it is a unit that sits behind a house - basically built in the back yard of the house. (I did a google street walk to see the position of the unit.)

I guess the new sale price of $960,000 to $1.05 million isn't hugely different from the 2019 price of the unit, considering 4 years have passed since then.

imo

Not so crazy.

Many people are asset rich but cash poor.
She wasn't working and I would think she would be too young to collect from any kind of retirement pension scheme. From what we know she didn't have any rental properties, either.

I wonder what she using for her day-to-day living expenses. Especially as she was raising kids, that takes quite a bit of cash.

She wasn't working and I would think she would be too young to collect from any kind of retirement pension scheme. From what we know she didn't have any rental properties, either.

I wonder what she using for her day-to-day living expenses. Especially as she was raising kids, that takes quite a bit of cash.

Apparently, the Mount Waverley unit was a rental unit. It says so in a photo caption in the Herald Sun article.

Ray White R/E advertised it as a rental unit (according to a cached search) although they are now advertising it as up for auction this Saturday.

The median rental price in Mt Waverley is $600 per week.

a.jpg

Link

Hey all, here’s the Age with the scoop today:
Erin’s Mount Waverley townhouse is up for auction!
@Ellery84 Thx for the scoop to Websleuths :) re EP putting Mt W. house on the auction block.
From pic at link, I see why a woman who always wanted to live in a forest would sell that house before the Leongatha home she & kids occupy(ied?).
jmo
[snipped ¶s from this post]

Last edited:
@Ellery84 Thx for the scoop to Websleuths :) re EP putting Mt W. house on the auction block.

From story: "Set on a 249-square-metre block."
If configured in a square shape, that lot is approx. 15 by 15 metres or 52 by 52 feet for metric-challenged Americans like me.
Or just 0.0256 of a hectare or 0.06 of an acre.

Does anyone have street ADDRESS or a link to R/E auction listing?

Interior could be lovely, but not much land.
IDK about prop. values there, but I see why a woman who always wanted to live in a forest would sell that house before the Leongatha home she & kids occupy(ied?).
jmo
[ETA clarification]

The street address is in this (not paywalled) article.
There are lots of R/E links out there about the auction, once you google search the address.
If you do a google street walk you can see the unit is nestled behind a house - built in its back yard. Small lot.
But looking straight down the driveway, you can see the unit's garage in front of you.

I am reluctant to put the actual address on the thread, but that's just me. :)
It may be allowed, not sure.

Apparently, the Mount Waverley unit was a rental unit. It says so in a photo caption in the Herald Sun article.

Ray White R/E advertised it as a rental unit (according to a cached search) although they are now advertising it as up for auction this Saturday.

The median rental price in Mt Waverley is $600 per week.

View attachment 460673

Link
That makes sense. The rental income may have been sufficient to live on, but not enough to pay for her (presumably expensive) attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024