Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep an open mind until we know more about her ex's hospital admission last year. The fact it was like an intervention, where they were apparently seeing what her 'mental health' was like, not just a normal lunch, definitely makes it all the more sus to me personally. Also I'm now mighty curious about how her most recently deceased parent died, given her large inheritance.
Look, honestly, her appearance to me on all the interviews etc was that she might have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, iykwim. So I think I can understand why police are probing this so hard, and why they took her kids off her.

I mostly agree. They had a reason to look for it. The thing with poison though is that it's difficult to prove exclusive opportunity. If the poison got into the food by the malice of somebody else, that person could have planted the dehydrator and made the tip-off. Or else not planted it but taken advantage of its disposal, and, again, made the tip-off. But with the most recent articles about the beef wellington and the attempt to reconcile--and how loathsome to draw the parents into the argument--I am swinging the other way.
This is where cctv at both the tip site and route to the tip is required.

I hope she gets herself a good lawyer. A good lawyer would have most likely told her to say nothing.

It may well turn out that she really "didn't do anything" ?

But I'm wavering on that.

I just hope she doesn't "go and jump off a bridge". The words she said the media was making her feel like doing :(
Don't forget that she initially told police that she bought the mushrooms front the local shop and then after that refused to comment. She's travelled to Melbourne today to engage a lawyer. She's going to need one...

After reading the latest from the Daily Mail, I'm wondering if it was in fact revenge on her part, rather than a financial motive? Apparently she hosted the lunch, as she wanted to reunite with her ex and she was hoping his parents would support it. It's said that they weren't in favour of it...

Yes, there we go (if that story is true) they didn't think she was good enough for him. And it sounds like she was okay for money.
It seemed more likely it would be about a grudge/revenge.

Don't forget that she initially told police that she bought the mushrooms front the local shop and then after that refused to comment. She's travelled to Melbourne today to engage a lawyer. She's going to need one...
*from
Yes, there we go (if that story is true) they didn't think she was good enough for him. And it sounds like she was okay for money.
It didn't have to be a financial motive. Revenge?

It seemed more likely it would be about a grudge/revenge.
Revenge - a dish best served cold…with a side of mushrooms?!
The daily mail can’t update about this investigatatiom fast enough for me!

Was this lunch really about involving parents and a pastor in their private relationship business? Who would want a marriage in which their spouse doesn't really want to be married but feels pressured?

Maybe simply being in full "control" is an element of this case.
JMO.

The dinner was to try and prove she was "good enough"
I mean how demeaning is that. If I did that I would lose all the self respect I had.

I have no idea if she is guilty or not. I just noticed that in my mother country, these are usually “mushroom experts” who get poisoned foraging for wild mushrooms. I suspect that the amount of poisonous alkaloids might vary depending on the year and how dry/wet the spring was. This article gives an explanation which is not ideal, but passable to warn, please, don’t rely on your experience, nor the apps. Wild edible mushrooms are not necessarily safe. JMO.

Is anyone else confused by the purpose of this meal, why the pastor was there, and why the meal continued even though her husband didn't come at the last minute (if true)? Could that have felt humiliating to her?

I don't think we really know yet why the meal was being held.

Was this lunch really about involving parents and a pastor in their private relationship business? Who would want a marriage in which their spouse doesn't really want to be married but feels pressured?
Yes and who would want a marriage where the parents have a say in whether you're good enough for their son.

I’m a Victorian as well, this has got to be one of the highest profile poisoning cases here I’ve heard about in my (elder Gen Z) lifetime. It’s all very suspicious really. I feel for the children, must be traumatic for them. Very sad for all involved, no matter whether accidental or deliberate.

I have no idea if she is guilty or not. I just noticed that in my mother country, these are usually “mushroom experts” who get poisoned foraging for wild mushrooms. I suspect that the amount of poisonous alkaloids might vary depending on the year and how dry/wet the spring was. This article gives an explanation which is not ideal, but passable to warn, please, don’t rely on your experience, nor the apps. Wild edible mushrooms are not necessarily safe. JMO.

The suspect lied to the police and said that she bought the mushrooms from a local shop and then she refused to comment when questioned further.

The meal might have been a bought one that came like that, wrapped and ready.
And later when the meal wasn't turning out as hoped for, when someone didn't arrive, a little something may have been added.
You mean the suspect (at least to some of us) just happened to have a supply of suitable poison in her kitchen, ready for these annoying little occasions? Well, if the lady in question turns out to have done all the things we are wondering about, then yes, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123