Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Convenience store?

Well what if she depackaged them and discarded the receipt--if there was a receipt--soon after she bought them months ago?

I don't know if the in-laws would have given her an immediate heads-up. Not really polite and tactful to call someone to say their cooking made you sick.

I would rather tell the person their cooking was making everybody sick than the kids, animals or anybody else ate any left overs and made more people sick. Mooo

Sorry if this has been asked as I have only posted on here today.

She claims she got them at a convenience store so why hasn’t she handed the packaging or a receipt to LE?

I mean I find it hard to believe that her lovely In Laws didn’t get sick and didn’t give her a heads up so surely you would go straight to the bin and grab the packaging because you would want to do all you could to help.
I'm pretty certain the police will be at this very moment working on verifying all aspects of her statement. People really don't keep receipts these days Imo but I think police have enough to get a warrant for EP's bank records (Moo). If there is no evidence that she purchased, at the very least, button mushrooms in the days prior to the lunch then obviously that is suspect. Although more difficult to trace I would think police are also investigating relevant Asian groceries in Melbourne ( which is where I believe EP stated she purchased dried mushrooms some(?) months ago)Moo. We don't know how she claims to have paid for these but police will be doing their best to follow up Imo. Moo

They are usually vacuum sealed in plastic, so she must be implying she unpackaged them months ago and stored in a different container?
She didn’t get that deep into her statement to LE that was revealed in the news but a wild guess on my part is that there was no package of dried mushrooms that were purchased at an unknown Asian store. JMO

I'm pretty certain the police will be at this very moment working on verifying all aspects of her statement. People really don't keep receipts these days Imo but I think police have enough to get a warrant for EP's bank records (Moo). If there is no evidence that she purchased, at the very least, button mushrooms in the days prior to the lunch then obviously that is suspect. Although more difficult to trace I would think police are also investigating relevant Asian groceries in Melbourne ( which is where I believe EP stated she purchased dried mushrooms some(?) months ago)Moo. We don't know how she claims to have paid for these but police will be doing their best to follow up Imo. Moo
Unless she does a lot of Asian cooking, it was probably a small purchase. Maybe I'm unusual, but for less than $20, I pay cash.

I would rather tell the person their cooking was making everybody sick than the kids, animals or anybody else ate any left overs and made more people sick. Mooo
The thing is, they're two couples in two households, and the individuals are not necessarily all getting sick at the same time. Apparently symptoms set in 6-24 hours after ingestion. So it's early evening when perhaps the first of them starts to get sick, and they're not likely to be calling each other or Erin in the middle of the night, by which time she would have already fed the children.

I just wondered if blame was being shifted. No other reason.
There have also been multiple reported instances of people from Asian countries in Australia and the US mistaking death cap mushrooms for straw mushrooms, and accidentally poisoning themselves and family members. I suspect EP is piggybacking on these stories to create reasonable doubt

Unless she does a lot of Asian cooking, it was probably a small purchase. Maybe I'm unusual, but for less than $20, I pay cash.
I pay cash occasionally when I happen to have it - that's usually after my b.day or Xmas as I have a rellie who always gives me cash! B.days in Jan so I'm usually outta cash by Feb. Idk, I saw some folk saying that there may be small ma and pa type grocery businesses in Melbourne that likely only take cash but I have my doubts about that. Most small business will not get by without an eftpos machine these days (jmo). But sure, who knows, maybe she likes to carry some cash and make small purchases that way. That would be one more thing that Police would seek to verify or establish though - ie try to get a sense from her kids or friends/family that she regularly or sometimes or whatever used cash. More wait and see games. Moo

I find this an odd case. I'm wondering how the pieces might fall together. It may be simple or maybe not. I'm not usually a big deviator from occams razor but I'm reserving judgement here. I do agree that the dried mushies from Asian grocer cannot be the source of the poisoning, nor the buttons. But atm for me that doesn't necessarily equate with EP having picked, stored and used death caps on her in-laws. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper