Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the Australian folks on this board: I'm seeing the dish called both beef Wellington and beef Wellington pie online. I'm American and know it as beef Wellington, and it's served in thick slices cut from one piece of meat. Sky News Australia calls it beef Wellington pie. Is it served differently in Australia, more like individual potpies? I was thinking that if she made individual pies, she could crimp or decorate the crust of four poisoned pies different from the rest.
I don't know how they are served in Australia but you can cook and serve beef Well. in individual portions.

1692052643692.png

From this article it sounds like EP presented to hostpital on July 30th, then left the hospital, threw out the dehydrator, fed the kids the same meal that made everyone sick (busy day), then returned to Leongatha hostpital before being sent to Monash by ambulance the following day.

Just a bit suss...
I thought she fed the kids the leftovers for evening meal the same day as the lunch (29th), then did hospitals 30th and 31st.

I don't know how they are served in Australia but you can cook and serve beef Well. in individual portions.

View attachment 440930

This is fascinating as I’m British and I have never seen it served like this. It’s also super complicated to make so to make it this way would surely be a lot more time consuming?

I am wondering why the children have been put into State Care? rather than with the father - is that because of his health condition? or for another reason.

Might not mean anything or are they worried he is involved and just being cautious in case???

I realise he has the trauma of his parents passing to deal with - but is this unusual for him not to get care of his children.

Especially if the alternative is State Care since no other relatives suitable or available?? MOO
I think there would be two reasons. It's too soon to eliminate him as the poisoner. If one of the ingredients in the fatal dish was mushrooms bought months ago, possibly bottled as powder months ago, arguably he had some opportunity in that time to adulterate the stock. If the kids are placed with him, that lets Erin argue police bias from the get-go. The other reason would be concern whether he could keep the kids safe from Erin.

New to me.

I've never heard of any chain asian food stores. I didn't know they existed,
But the point is she does know.....because she went there.

Its a stretch to forget a specialty shop that you are introducing to the narrative..... that is now at the heart of a murder investigation with your name on it.

I personally think she is a intelligent attention to detail kinda gal.

It is in her best interest to not be able to identify the store conveniently.

Stacking up the lies and red flags.
Just doesn't happen when you are innocent.

If her husband was so suspicious of her, why did he allow their kids to live with her? none of this makes sense

And if he felt she had attempted to poison him, why would it be safe for her to cook for his parents?
I don't think he was suspicious of her until this happened. He didn't know what caused his illness but now he's assuming it's the mushroom thing.

Victorian woman at centre of suspected mushroom poisoning says she also went to hospital after eating meal​

Erin Patterson tells police she bought the fungi from a supermarket chain and an Asian grocery store

Is there a racial issue with Asians in Australia? Just wondering.

I wonder, when EP served the dish to her children (with mushrooms scraped off) was she already feeling unwell?

By the sounds of the articles I’ve seen, EP gave her children the dish the same day she and her guests ended up unwell in hospital. Was it before or after EP went to hospital? At what point did EP discover the connection between the beef Wellington and the sudden illness people were experiencing?
Had anyone been in touch with EP to tell her the others weren’t well by the time she gave the dish to her children?

Whenever I’ve had sickness/diarrhoea symptoms my first thought is ‘what have I eaten?’ It’s also my first question to anyone who tells me they have those symptoms. Did EP have the slightest inclination that the Wellington could be the cause of the illness at the point she gave it to her children?

Did she ever get the children checked over upon discovering the belief that the dish she’d given to them was possibly causing illness? Because even if they weren’t showing symptoms surely you’d fear that your children might get poorly?

MOO

I'm still trying to understand why the husband didn't attend the lunch. I'm assuming he wasn't a 'fun guy' to be around.
Say you're separated or divorced and your parents and the pastor are having a meeting with your ex to discuss whether you should get back together or not. Would you be attending?! I'd be not speaking to any of them for a month or more.

But we don't know the agenda of that lunch. We've heard different things, I think one of them must be false, but that doesn't mean the other is true.

I’m
Is there a racial issue with Asians in Australia? Just wondering.
yes, to some people. But calling a store an ‘Asian grocer’ isn’t. This is literally what they display in the signage on their stores.
If a friend told me they got something at an Asian grocer I wouldn’t be thinking ‘racist’.

If the mushrooms she purchased at the Asian Grocer were poisonous people would have been getting sick all over the place, not just the people she fed that day. She cannot remember where the store was? Why go to Melbourne to buy dried asian mushrooms when they sell them at the local grocery store? Her story is changing constantly and looking more and more suspish.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper