Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how complex testing something like a food dehydrator is.
And how long it will take.

Same of these forensic things seem to take years. I suppose the fingerprint part would be easy compared to something like DNA, and identifying any food traces.

I wonder if they have her fingerprints. But wouldn't an arrest be needed for that.

I think there's still a lot we don't know.

Until we know more I'm not going to pronounce someone guilty.

Anyway it's not up to me to judge anyone. That's up to the courts. That's why we have them.
This isn't a court of law, it's a forum. I personally think we know enough to form an opinion, even if there is more to this story. I'm not the only one here who suspects she is guilty.

I could see cooking something special for someone who has certain dietary requirements (dairy-free or vegan, for example) or even making certain kinds of meat for people you know enjoy it, even if you don't. But it does seem odd you'd cook mushrooms for everyone else but just not yourself, because why bother? I'm so very curious about the meal now - which part of it they all consumed but she didn't and how she explained that.
JMO.

I could see cooking something special for someone who has certain dietary requirements (dairy-free or vegan, for example) or even making certain kinds of meat for people you know enjoy it, even if you don't. But it does seem odd you'd cook mushrooms for everyone else but just not yourself, because why bother? I'm so very curious about the meal now - which part of it they all consumed but she didn't and how she explained that.
JMO.

Reactions: MrJ
This isn't a court of law, it's a forum. I personally think we know enough to form an opinion, even if there is more to this story. I'm not the only one here who suspects she is guilty.
I initially gave her the benefit of the doubt. Now that a lot more information has come out, I hope she will be arrested and charged soon.

I notice this article specifically states twice that LE has called her a "person of interest." But it's the Daily Mail. Do we have a LE source that calls her a POI?
There seem to be a lot of different ones that call her a suspect.

On Monday, Detective Inspector Dean Thomas said Erin Patterson remained a suspect in the investigation because she had served the meal.

But he added it could be "very innocent … we just don't know".

There seem to be a lot of different ones that call her a suspect.

On Monday, Detective Inspector Dean Thomas said Erin Patterson remained a suspect in the investigation because she had served the meal.

But he added it could be "very innocent … we just don't know".
He says that at the end, but there are far too many coincidences pointing away from innocence. MOO

We usually call it a tip or a dump.

But now it's fancier names like waste disposal areas, or resource recovery area, or waste depot, or waste station.

I think I'll keep on calling it the tip or the dump :)
sbm bbm
Glad it's not just in my corner of the world in Europe this is happening. It's getting more and more ridiculous and happening in all areas of everything where everyone are just trying to get on with our daily lives.

I think it would be pretty easy to hide ~4 mushrooms into a meal, it’s very possible she didn’t even need to hide them as many people would enjoy mushrooms in their meal.

Very interested to hear more.
Hoping they get cctv to go along with any of that evidence from the dehydrator, hopefully she didn’t clean it before tossing!

Moo

I wonder how complex testing something like a food dehydrator is.
And how long it will take.

Same of these forensic things seem to take years. I suppose the fingerprint part would be easy compared to something like DNA, and identifying any food traces.

I wonder if they have her fingerprints. But wouldn't an arrest be needed for that.
Some others here are speaking of the dehydrator found at the tip as evidence for Erin's guilt. I'd like to emphasise that that particular hydrator, as far as I know, hasn't yet been shown to have come from Erin's household, or ever to have contained any particular substance.

Some others here are speaking of the dehydrator found at the tip as evidence for Erin's guilt. I'd like to emphasise that that particular hydrator, as far as I know, hasn't yet been shown to have come from Erin's household, or ever to have contained any particular substance.
Yes I've seen a few posts saying she threw it away, though I haven't seen any articles that said she either had one or threw it away.

Last edited:
They are currently conducting tests on it. It may prove to be hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member