Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“We know where the call was made from. We know whose phone it was made from. I’ve listened to the message. I’ve been briefed by the homicide officers. While we’ve come to some preliminary conclusions . . . I’m not going to speculate as to the chronology,” Dawson told reporters, adding that examination of the crime scene would take several days.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-...n-australias-first-mass-shooting-in-22-years/

Is there a link to 4 bedrooms in this converted shed?
In WA you have to submit your plans to the local shire to convert spaces like this. They are usually accessible through the shire however a FOI submission may need to be done.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

But according to AC they had a few hundred k in the bank?
Now i think of it, how would he know?

In WA you have to submit your plans to the local shire to convert spaces like this. They are usually accessible through the shire however a FOI submission may need to be done.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Early on I saw it was 2 bedrooms. Just wanted to see a link to it being 4 bdrms/2bath.

Yeah, I've definitely seen multiple journalists reporting that it was a murder/suicide, I just haven't seen it spoken by a WApol rep.

Wapol have said since day 1, 6 murders and 1 other deceased. That is more or less saying murder suicide hence why journos simply relaying the message.

Ms Haynes said, looking back, there were signs the family was under pressure.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...hooting-sinking-in-for-margaret-river/9758398
M

"I had spoken to Cynda just on last week and I said 'you're looking tired, is everything okay?'" Ms Haynes said.

"And she said to me then, oh, their son is in hospital up in Perth, he's having major surgery and that was a concern.

"And she said, 'oh, and there are a few difficulties at home'.

"I didn't want to push. I mean, if she doesn't want to tell me she doesn't want to tell me.

From post #24
From the beginning LE and MSM have been treading so carefully. I’ve never seen a description of a male person with parentheses.

A “male person” connected to the property called police early on Friday morning. It is believed the triple-0 call was made by the killer, a man who is among the dead

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...a/news-story/77d88b0ab55d72537d8861cdd0ce544a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t know. Maybe for some it’s too hard to imagine a Grandfather doing this and because Katrina had referenced being stalked in town when it appears the dad was being denied visitation.

I have not seen anything about Katrina having a job. Just that the kids were homeschooled. So it seems that Grand dad was the bank. I can’t imagine that burden, 5 more mouths to feed when he was ready to retire and relax yet he is posting adds looking for work. That is a shame. Having to convert a shed to living quarters for daughter and 4 kids.

Damn straight Elley Mae.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katrina would have been getting plenty of government benefits for her kids if the idiot dad could not contribute, and sheds in Australia are huge things that you can have four bedroom, two bathrooms in.

Idiot dad? More like idiot grandfather.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...uicide-could-not-be-predicted-wa-premier-says

“Everyone is shocked and surprised. It’s not like anyone had an inkling what was going to happen and, of course, the perpetrator is no longer with us – he can’t tell,” WA Premier Mark McGowan told 6PR radio on Monday.

“Why he did it, what he did, you can only ever surmise.”

-snip-

McGowan expects a police report for the coroner to be ready within the next couple of months.

“It’s pretty clear what’s occurred, but whether there’s any motives ... they’re investigating.”

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/cumberli...a7a36f97-20c7-5c08-8dbe-03edc297ad7c.amp.html

State Premier Mark McGowan confirmed that Peter Miles was the suspected perpetrator of the country's worst mass shooting since a lone gunman killed 35 people in Tasmania state in 1996, prompting the nation to introduce tough gun controls.

Police had released few details of the tragedy, but had said the suspected shooter was among the dead...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aaron Cockman, father of the dead children and the estranged husband of their mother, told reporters on Sunday that police had told him Peter Miles had shot dead Mr Cockman’s family as they slept in a converted shed where they lived before killing his wife in the living room of their house.

Peter Miles then called police before dawn on Friday. He had turned a gun on himself before police arrived, Mr Cockman said.

Mr Cockman said Peter Miles had struggled with the suicide of a son and news that another son had serious kidney disease.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/...ing-six-family-members-in-australia-shooting/

Would police know what order they were shot in and would they be giving AC these details, given it's and ongoing investigation? AC sure seems to know a bit about what supposedly went on that morning :thinking: he was even sure of what might be in the 000 call :scared:

If it was Peter, wouldn't it be smarter to take out his wife first so all the remaining victims would be in the one house.

But I dunno, strange.

Katrina would have been getting plenty of government benefits for her kids if the idiot dad could not contribute, and sheds in Australia are huge things that you can have four bedroom, two bathrooms in.

Plenty? Then why was she living in converted shed?

Would police know what order they were shot in and would they be giving AC these details, given it's and ongoing investigation? AC sure seems to know a bit about what supposedly went on that morning :thinking: he was even sure of what might be in the 000 call :scared:

If it was Peter, wouldn't it be smarter to take out his wife first so all the remaining victims would be in the one house.

But I dunno, strange.

Yes strange without knowing the why?

I would think with AC being the father he would have been privy to more info then we the public.

Evident from article that LE were not happy that he talked to press.

In a candid address that came as a shock to police, Mr Cockman described in detail what he had been told by the investigating officers about how the mass shooting unfolded.

He said he had been told Mr Miles first shot his daughter and four grandchildren while they slept in their beds, in a shed that had been converted to a second house on the property.

He then turned the gun on his wife in the living room of their house, before placing a triple-0 call to police alerting them to his crimes.

When they arrived, Mr Miles was also found dead from a gunshot wound.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...cide-peter-miles-pain-behind-killings/9756918

Yes strange without knowing the why?

I would think with AC being the father he would have been privy to more info then we the public.

Evident from article that LE were not happy that he talked to press.

In a candid address that came as a shock to police, Mr Cockman described in detail what he had been told by the investigating officers about how the mass shooting unfolded.

He said he had been told Mr Miles first shot his daughter and four grandchildren while they slept in their beds, in a shed that had been converted to a second house on the property.

He then turned the gun on his wife in the living room of their house, before placing a triple-0 call to police alerting them to his crimes.

When they arrived, Mr Miles was also found dead from a gunshot wound.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...cide-peter-miles-pain-behind-killings/9756918

How do you walk some distance, shoot kids then come back to wife in living room.

The ex husband said that he had been told Mr Miles hsd discussed this.

In West Australian law, if police were told of this the fire arms would more than likely confiscated after an interview.

Someone said the parents were Jehovas Witness.
Dont quote me on it but was told Jehovas have particular beliefs about children with conditions and illness.

4 autistic grandkids?

Ex husband sits on property as family executed.

Did ex husbsnd inform police of this discussion?

Don’t the police sometimes and strategically make certain statements in the media even though, they know who the real perpetrator is?? I personally think the husband is going to be charged with this crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think AC will be charged with this crime. Police often wait until the funerals are over and also watch the potential suspect for a while while collecting evidence. IMO AC had the motive and pent up anger over a long time to commit these crimes. AC has thought this out for a long time how he would do this and how he would then stage it later probably while sitting in his car over night on the border of their property for days or weeks. He looked as if he had not slept for a long time in his interview.

I also agree with a previous poster that if AC did, in fact, commit this crime, he would have shot PM first - not last - as he was the one to whom AC projected the most anger. He also had to get the guns away from PM especially if they were locked up. So the order could have been PM, his wife, his daughter and then the children. No single gunshot was heard after 5.15am after the call to the police was made by a male connected to the property when TM supposedly committed suicide.

After I heard that Tom Miles lived on the property in a caravan, I think that the call to the police at 5.15am could have been made by him as he is a "man connected to the property". My prediction is that Tom woke up after hearing the gunshots but kept out of sight as he knew he would be next if AC found out about his presence. It is very possible that AC did not even know that Tom was living there so he did not look for him.

So after AC could have staged the positions of the bodies and left the property, Tom Miles could have then phoned the police when he thought it was safe to come out of hiding.

We have not been told the contents of the two-minute phone call and have assumed that the grandfather made it (as AC also told us too) and that therefore, if he suicided, he must have shot himself after that. I think what the police have done is to go with AC's version of events to the media until they can collect the forensic evidence to charge AC.

I really cannot see how with the information we have so far that the grandfather could have had the necessary rage or depression to have committed seven murders that morning. As someone said earlier, it would have made more sense if the grandfather had murdered AC than his own family and himself.

We have never been told about who identified the bodies and it certainly was not AC who said he did not go past the gate and simply asked police about it. So it was probably Tom Miles who seems to have been purposely kept out of media reports.

Plenty? Then why was she living in converted shed?

Actually... I know quite a number of families living in a similar arrangement. Converted sheds can be fitted out quite tastefully with proper lining & fittings from what I've seen for permanent living and holiday homes. Cost of owning an acreage is out of reach for a lot of younger families starting out, so sharing an acreage with parents/grandparents is an option some choose (or situations such as this where a separation has occurred). If I were a single mother of 4 home-schooled autistic children, I know I'd appreciate having my parents close on hand for support. Especially if an ex husband was stalking. :thinking:

How do you walk some distance, shoot kids then come back to wife in living room.

The ex husband said that he had been told Mr Miles hsd discussed this.

In West Australian law, if police were told of this the fire arms would more than likely confiscated after an interview.

Someone said the parents were Jehovas Witness.
Dont quote me on it but was told Jehovas have particular beliefs about children with conditions and illness.

4 autistic grandkids?

Ex husband sits on property as family executed.

Did ex husbsnd inform police of this discussion?

Do you have a link to this?

I think one way this could have been carried out is if they were somehow poisoned/drugged. Otherwise, I can't see each kid staying in bed after the sound of each gun shot. Especially if they were as spaced out as the neighbours reported.

But according to AC they had a few hundred k in the bank?
Now i think of it, how would he know?

If AC and his wife were not divorced, would AC be in a position to inherit money from the property if innocent if his wife had contributed to the conversion of the shed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back