GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Risks to foreign students on campus

( you can have one free article a week , this one is applicable to this forum )

"The campus was in turmoil when Aya Maasarwe arrived at La Trobe University to start her yearlong study exchange. That same month the university’s student Liberal Club had been readying itself to host Bettina Arndt’s “fake rape crisis” lecture, while other students advocated the conservative commentator be barred from speaking on campus. In an article penned in the lead-up to the La Trobe lecture, Arndt had declared that the issue of sexual assault had been wildly exaggerated by a feminist “conspiracy” between universities and the mainstream media, adding that female students had little to worry about and that the level of rape on campus was “positive news”.

( read more at the site above )

It's an embarrassing thought to think Aya had lived in China and, I imagine many others, in safety and then she comes to our land of milk and honey and gets viciously murdered.
I wont be surprised that overseas visitors and students are warned that Australia is dangerous and, unfortunately, it bloody well is late at night.

Did he carry accelerant with him or did he return with something and if he did have it on him then was he planning something like this or arson?
What would the accelerant be?

I live slap bang in the middle of Polaris and where the accused was living at the time.
There is a tobacconist in this group of shops, lighter fuel?

There is also a ramp that leads though the undercover car park up to Woolworths ( this was taped off the day Aiia was found )

It is possible the accused was caught while wearing the T-shirt and hat on the car park CCTV, Woolworths CCTV, the public toilets, possibly Dan Murphy’s?
He may have been hanging out at the shops for a few hrs?

Not sure if anyone has said this, but I am not sure if I can see what looks like blood marks on the Cotton On shirt .
Maybe they tested if it was Aiia’s DNA on the shirt, not his? ( in the early stages )

carrying a hammer around with him at midnight? premeditation?

I don't think you can buy hammers at dan murphy's . . the lighter fluid, for sure. Shoplifting a hammer from woolies, perhaps.

Still, that's premeditation.

that would require a lot of luck, I reckon. Too much luck to rely on. A very long shot, Scoobs.
I was going down to path of opportunistic.... he may have been walking the back streets from home to Polaris ( past his old high school )
Came across the hammer .... not necessary planning or knowing what he might do with it?

Or yes of course he got it one way or another from Woolworths.

I was going down to path of opportunistic.... he may have been walking the back streets from home to Polaris ( past his old high school )
Came across the hammer .... not necessary planning or knowing what he might do with it?

Or yes of course he got it one way or another from Woolworths.

opportunistic, absolutely. It was a matter of who appeared to be the weakest. Could have been an old bloke, or a younger kid.. just happened to be a young woman. Robbery was involved, but as yet, and probably we may never know, what was the main intention. Murder, Robbery, or Rape. ? could be any one of those motivations, or a combo,.. one following on from the other, out of necessity, or choice...

Opportunistic crimes typically happen because the victim appears vulnerable. A woman talking on the phone is oblivious to sounds and movements that surround her in the same way that talking on the phone while driving leads to accidents. People who are alert to their surroundings have a much better chance of survival than people who are distracted with earbuds or cellphones.

Years ago, Police ran lessons on Self Defence: here are a few hints, I follow.
Don't be chatting on your phone, or have ear phones on, listening to music.
Always walk, with a determination that you are going somewhere, not strolling about.
Have an umbrella, if possible, or heavy bag that you can use as a weapon.
Have your keys in your hand poking out, ready to use them in an attack.
Have your keys ready before you get to your car, check no one is in the back seat.
Once inside car, lock all doors.

Last edited:
It is a long way out, but it makes sense to me that Herrmann's Barrister will lead with the defence of ' intent to rob' that turned into a whole other dimension of criminal consequence, 'beyond the control of the defendant'... a simply ploy and it's not as if there is much more to work with, from the defence point of view.

It could hardly be argued that Aya banged her own head against his hammer without his permission.
The rape, and the mutilation is what will possibly, and I hope probably, send him of, regardless of his age, into the land of LWOP. Surely, surely. Because at his age, to come up with this crime is a heavy indicator of no possibility of rehabilitation.

( you can have one free article a week , this one is applicable to this forum )

"The campus was in turmoil when Aya Maasarwe arrived at La Trobe University to start her yearlong study exchange. That same month the university’s student Liberal Club had been readying itself to host Bettina Arndt’s “fake rape crisis” lecture, while other students advocated the conservative commentator be barred from speaking on campus. In an article penned in the lead-up to the La Trobe lecture, Arndt had declared that the issue of sexual assault had been wildly exaggerated by a feminist “conspiracy” between universities and the mainstream media, adding that female students had little to worry about and that the level of rape on campus was “positive news”.

( read more at the site above )

Thanx Troops here more from that article

NATIONALLY, THE AHRC FOUND ONE IN EVERY 20 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING AT AN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITY WAS RAPED OR SEXUALLY ASSAULTED IN 2015 AND/OR 2016.

Lost in the swirl of shock, horror and outrage surrounding Maasarwe’s death, though, has been discussion of how common sexual assault has become for international students studying in Australia. According to the AHRC data, 6.1 per cent of international students – male and female – at La Trobe University were raped or sexually assaulted in 2015 and/or 2016. With more than 5000 international students attending La Trobe, that equates to nearly one international student being raped or sexually assaulted every second day.

“The survey was not made available in any languages other than English and the survey was not tested for cultural sensitivity,” she says. “Sexual assault is a very taboo subject in many cultures and international students are often highly reluctant to discuss sensitive subjects in surveys, especially if they worry about confidentiality.”

It is a long way out, but it makes sense to me that Herrmann's Barrister will lead with the defence of ' intent to rob' that turned into a whole other dimension of criminal consequence, 'beyond the control of the defendant'... a simply ploy and it's not as if there is much more to work with, from the defence point of view.

It could hardly be argued that Aya banged her own head against his hammer without his permission.
The rape, and the mutilation is what will possibly, and I hope probably, send him of, regardless of his age, into the land of LWOP. Surely, surely. Because at his age, to come up with this crime is a heavy indicator of no possibility of rehabilitation.

Don’t forget the Victorian parole board has let these dangerous predators out time and time again.
WHEN IS THIS GOING TO STOP!

opportunistic, absolutely. It was a matter of who appeared to be the weakest. Could have been an old bloke, or a younger kid.. just happened to be a young woman. Robbery was involved, but as yet, and probably we may never know, what was the main intention. Murder, Robbery, or Rape. ? could be any one of those motivations, or a combo,.. one following on from the other, out of necessity, or choice...

Yeah, nah, don't think he would of done this to an old bloke to be honest and I don't think robbery was his main priority IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back