GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I finally figured that out, but not that she was Palestinian, rather, Arab/Israeli , a whole other contingent. God help us, though, it would be appalling to a degree intolerable if that had any bearing on her death.

Odd, that idiot Miranda Devine was blithering on TV about how unfair it is to men to be talking about toxic masculinity, how there are just as many bad women as there are bad men, so where are the bodies of men jammed under bushes near tramstops, huh? Miranda had all the blokes on this ridiculous panel nodding away , all agreeing, how women's expectations are just too , too , you know, unattainable, expecting normality and all that....

I personally don't like to politicize these sorts of issues. I hate when people jump on the 'all white men are evil' bandwagon because it's not true. Monsters unfortunately exist and most men know rape is wrong. People who rape and murder women are NOT doing it because it never occurred to them that it's 'wrong', so I just think that line of thought is unhelpful (not saying that is you at all, just in general as it is all through Facebook anytime something like this happens). I don't know what the solution is to stop these acts of evil, but demonizing half the population isn't it IMO.

He has said that the offender/stalker is a known sex offender and will be arrested soon. Fx fx
Derryn Hinch on Twitter

OMG!! That's horrific (the extra bit in his tweet). If poor Aya was alive for hours, I can't imagine the pain she would have been in IF what Derryn is saying is correct. And if this is another sex offender released from prison.....I can't say here what I want to...

I personally don't like to politicize these sorts of issues. I hate when people jump on the 'all white men are evil' bandwagon because it's not true. Monsters unfortunately exist and most men know rape is wrong. People who rape and murder women are NOT doing it because it never occurred to them that it's 'wrong', so I just think that line of thought is unhelpful (not saying that is you at all, just in general as it is all through Facebook anytime something like this happens). I don't know what the solution is to stop these acts of evil, but demonizing half the population isn't it IMO.

It's not demonising half the population. It doesn't affect men's lives in the slightest.

But do tell, just how are we supposed to tell which men will and won't rape/murder us? I'd love to know ...

He has said that the offender/stalker is a known sex offender and will be arrested soon. Fx fx
Derryn Hinch on Twitter

Oh geez that's sick. See, that is where I always think the biggest issue is, that these offenders are most often repeats who have already been through the judicial system. When are they going to start getting tougher sentences and stop being allowed back out on the street FFS?

I
OMG!! That's horrific (the extra bit in his tweet). If poor Aya was alive for hours, I can't imagine the pain she would have been in IF what Derryn is saying is correct. And if this is another sex offender released from prison.....I can't say here what I want to...
I feel
Sick. I didn’t want to write it anywhere
This poor girl

Oh geez that's sick. See, that is where I always think the biggest issue is, that these offenders are most often repeats who have already been through the judicial system. When are they going to start getting tougher sentences and stop being allowed back out on the street FFS?

If that's true i'm not surprised. There are a LOT of known sex offenders in that area. (Well, in every area they exist, but there are a lot there.)

It's not demonising half the population. It doesn't affect men's lives in the slightest.

But do tell, just how are we supposed to tell which men will and won't rape/murder us? I'd love to know ...

Don't forget men were the ones who found her, called police and comforted a female passerby. I'd hope the men in your family are trustworthy. You have to assume all people you meet on the street, both men and women, are not entirely trustworthy and you need to be on high personal alert at all times. Learn self defense, carry hairspray in your purse (apparently it's a pretty good pepper spray alternative). Yes you SHOULD be able to walk around and be completely safe but whilst people with mental health issues and prior convictions are allowed out on the street you need to be wary.

Don't forget men were the ones who found her, called police and comforted a female passerby. I'd hope the men in your family are trustworthy. You have to assume all people you meet on the street, both men and women, are not entirely trustworthy and you need to be on high personal alert at all times. Learn self defense, carry hairspray in your purse (apparently it's a pretty good pepper spray alternative). Yes you SHOULD be able to walk around and be completely safe but whilst people with mental health issues and prior convictions are allowed out on the street you need to be wary.

Well the horse had already bolted by that stage.

As if women don't do those things already? I myself have done Krav Maga and boxing. It's not foolproof. There's a reason why in boxing there are gendered weight classes.

Women still want to live their lives. We are not the problem.

Having a mental health issue isn't the same as having criminal convictions though......I know you arent saying having mental illness makes you violent but it really goes a long way to addressing the stigma against mental illness if we uncouple "those with mental illness on the street" and discussing the risk of violent acts.

Substance use wayyyy higher up in terms of risk (which can coincide with mental illness but often doesn't)

Derryn is copping it for being graphic, but reality is we need to face the truth, candy coating everything takes away what this horrible piece of crap has done and almost normalizes it. Hope they catch him soon. So angry poor young bright happy girl in the wrong place and time.

Derryn is copping it for being graphic, but reality is we need to face the truth, candy coating everything takes away what this horrible piece of crap has done and almost normalizes it. Hope they catch him soon. So angry poor young bright happy girl in the wrong place and time.

He is copping it, indeed, and both sides of the argument have a valid point.

So I am holding two opposing points of view at the same time, (F. Scott Fitzgerald said, this was the definition of an artist) a difficult position.

It sounds like the killer took some time to complete his crime , if Hinch's stuff is on the money, which I don't doubt, I think that is the least of it, the detectives looked grey and old when speaking, like men who had just come back from a frightful war.

Which presupposes that he was familiar with that particular area, that sight in particular, and that could make him a local. How local, though. Right there, near the golf course, or a regular rider on the tram.

One report mentioned a car that had it 's hazard lights on in that area.. maybe the tram thing was a coincidence. …

My endless condolences to her family, to her poor sister, to her father and mother.

I frankly don't think Victorians will cop another killer of women out on bail , or on parole , killing again. There will be almighty upheavals.

I find it creepy that a) there have been sexual assaults on 86 tram recorded (the link published earlier b) this woman was likely seen & followed off 86 tram c) the hat is "1986".

Self-referential?

hopefully, a Freudian slip, if he's done one, he's done plenty of them, all unaware.

I was wondering what the significance of 1986 was.. his birth year? makes him about 32? subconscious attraction to the 86 tram because of that? . the human mind is unfathomable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back