GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was he doing on that tramline route? at that tramstop? ..

it seems to me, more likely , that he was on that tram and he saw her and he got off when she did. His stop ( although he could have got a bus to his suburb from the city ) that got him closer to Greensborough was about 3, maybe 4 stops on, getting off at her stop made his journey home ( and I am presuming he lives somewhere in the locality of that Pioneer Reserve ) a lot longer.

Prayers for Aiia’s heartbroken friends and family
May they receive some small bit of comfort if the suspect is brought to justice.
Our child does study abroad every summer, but this type of assault can happen at home or away...

We will find out just about everything eventually. The Vic Pol will have all the details, and then the DPP will process the killer thru the court. Whether he pleads guilty or not, they all jack up in the beginning but they mostly fold, and this bloke looks a folder already, to me, the whole crime will be laid out in chronological order.

Not that that signifies any comfort or consolation. It merely records the vileness and horror.

And he will be imprisoned for 60 years ,.. carefully managed and monitored.

His 'hangout'.. the shelter shed in the Pioneer Reserve at Greensborough , where he was arrested, is on a direct bus route along Grimshaw Rd to Plenty Road tramline.

I wonder if this is the same as reserves here in Canada. Are these spots usually frequented by Aboriginals ?

I want to mention that LE have not released his name but the Facebook account that seems to belong to the suspect indicates he has an Aboriginal surname.

Of course , race does not matter here. Let’s not get too caught up in that.

Going through Facebook it appears his sister is there and definitely Aboriginal. Not that race matters. What a disgraceful inhuman being.

RIP Aiia

Added: it may be a sister not mother.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the same as reserves here in Canada. Are these spots usually frequented by Aboriginals ?

I want to mention that LE have not released his name but the Facebook account that seems to belong to the suspect indicates he has an Aboriginal surname.

Of course , race does not matter here. Let’s not get too caught up in that.

a reserve, in Melbourne, in among a big stretch of suburbia, a long line of 1/4 acre lots with brick veneer homes, is merely a public park. It might have a rudimentary scout hall, perhaps a creek, this reserve is surrounded by houses, a lot with swimming pools, it has on it's edges, a child care centre, a small shopping area.

The average house around this reserve would be in the vicinity of $450.000.00, to $390.000.00 at a rough guess. It isn't a slum, or a ghetto or fringe dwelling element at all.

It isn't a dead end, either, it's mainly families, perhaps teachers, nurses, firemen and women, IT folks, plumbers, brickies, a mix of professionals and tradies, some very good schools, both public and private..

( may I claim that I lived in Toronto for 3 years, up near the 401 and Parkway, west of Scarborough, I share your common view re reserve ) .

Google Maps

a reserve, in Melbourne, in among a big stretch of suburbia, a long line of 1/4 acre lots with brick veneer homes, is merely a public park. It might have a rudimentary scout hall, perhaps a creek, this reserve is surrounded by houses, a lot with swimming pools, it has on it's edges, a child care centre, a small shopping area.

The average house around this reserve would be in the vicinity of $450.000.00, to $390.000.00 at a rough guess. It isn't a slum, or a ghetto or fringe dwelling element at all.

It isn't a dead end, either, it's mainly families, perhaps teachers, nurses, firemen and women, IT folks, plumbers, brickies, a mix of professionals and tradies, some very good schools, both public and private..

( may I claim that I lived in Toronto for 3 years, up near the 401 and Parkway, west of Scarborough, I share your common view re reserve ) .

Google Maps
Thanks for explaining the concept! :)

From the Daily Mail article: “Shoes and a mobile phone were found near Miss Maasarwe's body, as well as an abandoned vehicle with its hazard lights on.”

Did the perp leave his car??? What?

I just read that too and I’m SO confused. I have only seen this bit in the Daily Mail so I’m questioning it. LE would have surely shown a photo of said vehicle when they were appealing for the public’s help !

I find it hard to believe that the car was at all connected to him unless that’s the first match police had to him and then the DNA. I can’t think of a reason why an attacker would abandon their car unless he was seriously injured.

What was he doing on that tramline route? at that tramstop? ..

it seems to me, more likely , that he was on that tram and he saw her and he got off when she did. His stop ( although he could have got a bus to his suburb from the city ) that got him closer to Greensborough was about 3, maybe 4 stops on, getting off at her stop made his journey home ( and I am presuming he lives somewhere in the locality of that Pioneer Reserve ) a lot longer.
Yes I’m thinking he was on the tram too.

So sad yet a true reflection of the life we live in our cities. A woman cannot get to her home safely and be murdered with in minutes of leaving a tram! (at a guess this animal was either on the walking tour, at the comedy event or both. I cannot see how it was an opportunistic event. My thoughts are with her family who raised a wonderful young woman who was out there in the world enriching her knowledge and getting things done. RIP Miss Maasarwe

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back