CA CA - Ellie Lorenzo, 3, Fremont, 11 Jul 2024 *wasn't returned per custody agreement, father found dead in nearby city*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
abc7news.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Press Release:
Missing Child Ellie LorenzoToday (July 12, 2024), at about 12:25 p.m., Fremont Police Department received a missing person’s report of a 3-year-old female from the child's biological mother. According to the information received from the mother, the child was supposed to be returned, per a custody agreement, tonight. However, the mother was informed the child’s biological father was found deceased in a nearby city, and the child’s whereabouts are currently unknown. Our hearts go out to the family, and we assure you that we are doing everything we can to locate the child. We are asking for the community’s assistance to help locate and ensure the safe return of the missing child. If you have any information on the child’s whereabouts, please call the Fremont Police Department at 510-790-6800, option 3.

Missing Child – Ellie Lorenzo, 3 years old, African American, approximately 3 feet tall and 60 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes. Ellie was last seen at about 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, 7/11/24, at the Casa Arroyo Apartments on Racho Arroyo Parkway in Fremont.

Photographs of Ellie Lorenzo are included in this press release.

ellie1.jpg ellie2.jpg ellie4.jpg

A spokesperson for the department confirmed to The Standard that Ellie’s father died sometime on Friday in San Francisco. No additional information about his death was available.

The San Francisco Police Department confirmed it’s lending resources in “an extensive search” for the girl. Representatives for the department did not answer questions regarding the circumstances around her father’s death.

I read through all the comments twice and don’t see anything?

It must have been removed, which must mean that it was not true. I looked through the comments several times and it is gone. :(

I'm in the Bay Area and I'm watching KTVU news on my TV right now. They just now reported the story, but didn't report anything new. Darn!

Following KPIX video gives a bit more information. The Casa Arroyo Apartments in Fremont is where the father lived. Police did a welfare check there, then traced him to several bay area cities before he was found dead in San Francisco. The police hasn't said where he was found or how he died, but said his death is being investigated.

The following NBC Bay Area video includes a plea from Ellie's mom. The poor mom; she is, understandably, frantic.

Following KPIX video gives a bit more information. The Casa Arroyo Apartments in Fremont is where the father lived. Police did a welfare check there, then traced him to several bay area cities before he was found dead in San Francisco. The police hasn't said where he was found or how he died, but said his death is being investigated.

The following NBC Bay Area video includes a plea from Ellie's mom. The poor mom; she is, understandably, frantic.

Oh my. My heart hurts so much. Praying hard for sweet Ellie.❤️

An Endangered Missing Advisory has been issued.

1720882123671.png

CHP - Alerts

@CHPAlerts
Follow

ENDANGERED MISSING ADVISORY - Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange, San Diego Counties Last seen: Rancho Arroyo Parkway and De Valle Court, Fremont
@FremontPD
IF SEEN, CALL 9-1-1

California Attorney General"

The father took his own life.
As soon as I read that he lives in Fremont but was found dead in SF, my first thought was, did he drive all the way there to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge?

“The girl was not believed to have been with the father while he was in San Francisco.

Police with multiple agencies are conducting welfare checks in the Bay Area and Southern California. This is because they are following leads from cameras and the deceased father's cell phone. GPS from the phone tracked several locations in the Bay Area.

Police have also reached out to contacts in the father's phone for more information.

The San Francisco Police Department is investigating the death of the father. They located the vehicle the father was driving in San Francisco.”

Sounds like Ellie could be anywhere from the Bay to SoCal. I hope he dropped her off somewhere safe, and that she didn’t witness anything traumatic.

Last edited:
As soon as I read that he lives in Fremont but was found dead in SF, my first thought was, did he drive all the way there to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge?
I know the GG bridge is known for jumpers, do they report every time there is a jumper? I’m on the east coast near a very major city and any time there is a jumper it is in the media.

I know the GG bridge is known for jumpers, do they report every time there is a jumper? I’m on the east coast near a very major city and any time there is a jumper it is in the media.
I'm a lifelong Bay Area resident. IMO it's very unlikely he jumped from the Golden Gate bridge. A jumper would have been reported in the news. There is a comment on the Fremont PD FB post that gives a location for where the car was found, and IF it is the correct location, it is nowhere near the GG bridge.

Oh, I hope she's somewhere safe and not scary. Her poor mom must be beside herself. I hope she's found soon.

No, we never hear about it.

A new suicide net was just installed earlier this year. It does seem to be discouraging a lot of attempts, but some determined people still proceed to jump from the net.
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/12/1224...eterrent-finally-comes-to-the-golden-gate-bri

We had a thread last year about a young local man who jumped either from or near the GG Bridge.

Anyway this might all be off-topic regarding little Ellie, but it was my initial thought when thinking about her father.

A jumper would have been reported in the news.
You hear about jumpers in the news? I’m a lifelong Bay resident too, I never do. I always imagined the media and LE aren’t keen on reporting something that could encourage others.

Anyway it does seem unlikely, but it just strikes me as unusual to drive an hour — specifically to SF — to commit suicide (if that is indeed what happened).

Or maybe he was found in a hotel or something?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back