GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well., yes, he will get life, that's mandatory.. the only thing at stake is how long before he can apply for parole. And that is where the real rubber is going to hit the road for Mr Herrmann.

In Victoria, it is on the nose politically now to lean towards the idea that the Herrmanns of this world can be rehabilitated. And he won't be the first young man in AU to get a life without parole sentence, there are presently , about 18 of them around the country. Mathew de Gruchy comes to mind, he was 21 when sentenced.

The other young man, the Filipino kid, he got life without parole. The bloke who murdered Ms Dixon, ditto, even though he is a diagnosed autistic. .

It isn't improbable. It is rare, but not improbable. It is a matter of the degree of the crime, and the public expectation.

If talk of him being known police as a sexual predator are true, surely without parole is a given. Surely. Sarah Cafferkey's murderer is another no parole.. Jill's should be, but yeah .

Also - anyone seen Derryn Hinch post? Fark.. if it's true, I'm fuming. Once again, the legal system in Australia failing us, failing the police, looking after the criminal over the victim.
I haven’t yet read about any previous crimes, does any one have a link to that . So sad and sickening. My daughter wanted to catch a bus tonight to a friends and I just felt no I need to drive you. So sad we have to feel this way

a reserve, in Melbourne, in among a big stretch of suburbia, a long line of 1/4 acre lots with brick veneer homes, is merely a public park. It might have a rudimentary scout hall, perhaps a creek, this reserve is surrounded by houses, a lot with swimming pools, it has on it's edges, a child care centre, a small shopping area.

The average house around this reserve would be in the vicinity of $450.000.00, to $390.000.00 at a rough guess. It isn't a slum, or a ghetto or fringe dwelling element at all.

It isn't a dead end, either, it's mainly families, perhaps teachers, nurses, firemen and women, IT folks, plumbers, brickies, a mix of professionals and tradies, some very good schools, both public and private..

( may I claim that I lived in Toronto for 3 years, up near the 401 and Parkway, west of Scarborough, I share your common view re reserve ) .

Google Maps

The median house price for Greensborough was $825,900 in 2018. Even the old houses are sold in excess of 500,000 as it is desirsble suburb in the north for families and young couples

If talk of him being known police as a sexual predator are true, surely without parole is a given. Surely. Sarah Cafferkey's murderer is another no parole.. Jill's should be, but yeah .
I lived in Elwood Victoria opposite St Kilda botanical gardens . I had police knock on my door one night asking if I’d heard anything that night as there had been a violent rape yards from my home, I now know it was probably Adrian Bailey as al, times match up - awful.

The median house price for Greensborough was $825,900 in 2018. Even the old houses are sold in excess of 500,000 as it is desirsble suburb in the north for families and young couples
thanks for that headsup, I thought I was being a bit understated, but living in NSW, in Sydney has made me an idiot judging prices of houses anywhere, really..

thanks for that headsup, I thought I was being a bit understated, but living in NSW, in Sydney has made me an idiot judging prices of houses anywhere, really..
I’m not sure about the stats about house prices . You could spend a few mill or a couple or a couple of thousands in any suburb right now in vic.

Thanks Troop, pardon my ignorance. I thought life was 24 years or something?
What does without parole mean? Never to be released from prison?

it means that it would require an act of Parliament, not the parole board if that sentence is delivered. And not many state premiers would be willing to put their careers on the line by agreeing to release a prisoner on parole who was sentenced to never be granted the privilege...

Life without parole requires a particular sort of imprisonment, and speciality wings of various prisons around Australia are specially built to house these lifers, equipped with guards specifically trained for that job.

The aim being to keep them going for their natural lives without giving them any leeway to cause the slightest upset or upheaval in running the prison in total .

Special diversions, chemical assistance, projects, as such, things to keep the mind occupied so that the body doesn't start to throw itself around.

Of course, it doesn't mean they are guaranteed a safe life in prison. Some people don't make it, eg Carl Williams.. somebody crowned him with a heater, .. they cant be looked after 24/7/ 365, there is always the danger of another lifer being cranky.

And that is their social circle, generally speaking for the rest of their lives. .. = other lifers. They are not allowed in General Population, I laughed to read once that it was offensive to the other prisoners that 'lifer's ' had been allowed to walk along their pathway during some repairs...

I haven’t yet read about any previous crimes, does any one have a link to that . So sad and sickening. My daughter wanted to catch a bus tonight to a friends and I just felt no I need to drive you. So sad we have to feel this way

Yep, it's a sad world we live in. Living in fear as soon as the sun goes down. There is a screenshot of derryns post on his profile with the initials CKK it mentions Jill Meagher.

Are we allowed to discuss his Facebook page, evidently he has a few . Now he has been named I’m guessing it’s ok, but correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m correct with what I’ve been directed to on a fb link, he had that poor girl in his sights 8th of Jan was the post. I’m now thinking it wasn’t an opportunist attack but prehaps an obsession that had him maybe stalking her . Poor darling girl. And for the record , definitely of aboriginal descent from what I can gather. Doesn’t matter but a few thought otherwise.

I think once he has been named we can?

I lived in Elwood Victoria opposite St Kilda botanical gardens . I had police knock on my door one night asking if I’d heard anything that night as there had been a violent rape yards from my home, I now know it was probably Adrian Bailey as al, times match up - awful.

He is always on my mind, scum. Jill is what brought me here. Makes me sick every time something like this happens, and you can bet your bottom dollar we'll hear 'known to police'

He lived across the road from me when he killed poor Jill he had spoken to me in the street before, and I can tell you I'm around a similar age and have a similar look to her and that makes me sick. I often used to go out at night as well and have had to walk home from the city before because cabs can refuse the fare if it's not the direction they're wanting to go or they don't think it's far away enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back