Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that is a possibility? A disturbance is heard, his wife goes missing, he has a scratch on his face...

When I initially read the first report it was question mark suicide and neighbours hear a disturbance in Baden-Clay house night of disappearance...

I have not been able to find this first article since reading it. I think it was written by news.com.au.

Did anyone else read this report on the Friday?

Couldbe - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I found this one
http://www.news.com.au/national/all...baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

When you think about it! In the tight time frame he had, there must have been someone else involved...maybe, just a thought!

I wonder if they have searched Kholo Creek Alicat.

I agree with the accident trying to cover up damage to the car. He would never have used his work car as the Century 21 logo would have stood out like pigs balls!

I can't say I've seen police out my way. There are a lot of possibilities unfortunately. And given 9.5 hours between apparent disappearance and contact with police anything could have been done.

With all the rain it will take away tracks, but perhaps if they built a shallow grave they may just find her.

Either way, if I ever go missing this way I hope my husband would help a little more or I'd haunt him for the rest of his life!

Is there a minimum time before you can report a person missing in Australia? In NZ it's 24 hours missing before they will do anything(unless it's a child then it's straightaway).

Thanks Kiwijayne.

I swear either the initial article was taken down or I am just hopeless at searching :(
The police and media have given the public a lot of conflicting and confusing information it's hard to make sense out of a lot of it.

So I have been pestering some of my neighbours to find out what they know and who they know.

I'm terrible I know, but I have been following this since the Friday and the crap in the media is a bit more than frustrating to piece together...

Thanks Kiwijayne.

I swear either the initial article was taken down or I am just hopeless at searching :(
The police and media have given the public a lot of conflicting and confusing information it's hard to make sense out of a lot of it.

So I have been pestering some of my neighbours to find out what they know and who they know.

I'm terrible I know, but I have been following this since the Friday and the crap in the media is a bit more than frustrating to piece together...

I missed it probably are you in the Brookfield/ Kenmore area?

Is there a minimum time before you can report a person missing in Australia? In NZ it's 24 hours missing before they will do anything(unless it's a child then it's straightaway).

I believe its 24 hours if its not suspicious. But I think (hope) they'd still listen if its out of the blue.eg Daniel Morcombe :(

Alicat, I have heard all the choppers go overhead, but that has stopped now :(

They turned his home into a crime scene almost straight away, they have raided his office and his parents house...they have to be building a case against him. This is not usual missing persons procedure. Yes the police deny that he is a person of interest hmmm.

Did you notice in the press conference in which her parents addressed the public that there was no mention of him at all.

I live a suburb up from Brookfield. My children used to go to school in Brookfield and I still use all the facilities there!

When they say it is tight knit and cliquey they are not joking!

Alicat, I have heard all the choppers go overhead, but that has stopped now :(

They turned his home into a crime scene almost straight away, they have raided his office and his parents house...they have to be building a case against him. This is not usual missing persons procedure. Yes the police deny that he is a person of interest hmmm.

Did you notice in the press conference in which her parents addressed the public that there was no mention of him at all.

They did turn it into a crime scene straight away I have to drive past the house every day to go to work.

That other article is interesting stating about the screaming etc the police/SES must have searched there and perhaps that is where they found the personal items?

I live a suburb up from Brookfield. My children used to go to school in Brookfield and I still use all the facilities there!

When they say it is tight knit and cliquey they are not joking!

I live 500 metres from Allison's house. It is a very tight knit community.

That article just confuses even more...Didn't he say he knew she was going for a walk at that time? She was watching the Footy Show...

Kiwijayne - Brookfield is a lovely community :)

Oh I get it, he thought she went for her morning walk and never returned~

That article just confuses even more...Didn't he say he knew she was going for a walk at that time? She was watching the Footy Show...

I love it in Brookfield.

But this has rattled me a bit. We now lock our doors at night etc to ensure our safety.

I've never involved myself in a forum before.
Whilst watching a news update a photograph of a young couple signing their marriage certificate was displayed. It was the first I heard of Alison reported being missing. I recognized the couple but it was so brief I had to google the report.

Turns out the groom, Gerard, was once my manager. I also knew Alison, however she worked in a different department and I only knew her in passing and also due to the fact that she and Gerard had recently become engaged.

From the moment reports mentioned he was a person of interest I couldn't really believe it. I stumbled across this forum and it has taken days for me to register. I thought I could offer some insight into how I viewed Gerard and I'm sure my colleagues at the time felt the same.
I admired him from the start. I found him intelligent, articulate, charming, gentle, understanding, patient and even-tempered. I never thought any of this was pretentious unless he was a sociopath. Particularly when the job we were doing could be particularly challenging at times. Sure, he was a corporate man, he was climbing the ladder, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. I thought he had integrity and he was always willing to help, advise and never did I feel he was less than honorable.
True, we change over time and marriage and children and life in general sometimes becomes unbearable and obstacles insurpassable. But Gerard adored Allison. It was so clear. I can't see how he would ever do her any harm, nor get into any state that would even be accidental. I guess people can have very different personas at work and in relationships but from a female perspective his ability to clearly show his love and affection for Allison in front of his staff(particularly in a work environment they shared) demonstrated that emotionally he wasn't stunted. One could say that an ability to display this kind of openness wouldn't be covering up a differenent side at home, OR, it could be over-compensation for different behaviour beyond the work environment. But would someone like Allison stay with someone janus faced? She was no fool. Hence I look to the former theory.
I don't understand people saying he was 'scary', or that he looked 'evil'. I never thought that about Gerard. It's been a long time since I worked with him , maybe i was naive, but essentially we don't change so much we would either intentionally or unintentionally hurt someone, particularly the mother of your own children. I left the father of my daughter and my gosh, how many times I've wished things upon him I'm unwilling to share here but of course I'd never act upon those desires.
If something did happen out of anger the gerard I knew would have admitted to it. There was mention that being in real estate automatically relegated Gerard into the ranks of compulsive liars and manipulators. Working in Real estate does require some confidence and often cunning but we cannot tar all real estate agents with the same brush.

There is so much we don't know, that police are not revealing, or is there? I must admit how surprised I am that there have been absolutely no leaks. We keep hearing the same rehashed, embellished story to try and create some more sensation for some newspaper. I hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.

I have been hoping beyond hope that they find Allison and that Gerard has had no involvement in her disappearance. I feel for them all.

One seems to get the feeling that it is all starting to make sense........and yet there is so much "non"sense!

Gerard was my manager many years ago and I can't imagine him capable of perpetrating nor aiding in this.

Still this remains highly suspicious - Allison went for a walk at 10:00pm and you report her missing at 7.30am the next morning.

Even if they fought, your wife storms off, a decent, sound minded husband is not going to go to bed, showing no concern for her whereabouts

"Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives."

This says a lot though...

I've never involved myself in a forum before.
Whilst watching a news update a photograph of a young couple signing their marriage certificate was displayed. It was the first I heard of Alison reported being missing. I recognized the couple but it was so brief I had to google the report.

Turns out the groom, Gerard, was once my manager. I also knew Alison, however she worked in a different department and I only knew her in passing and also due to the fact that she and Gerard had recently become engaged.

From the moment reports mentioned he was a person of interest I couldn't really believe it. I stumbled across this forum and it has taken days for me to register. I thought I could offer some insight into how I viewed Gerard and I'm sure my colleagues at the time felt the same.
I admired him from the start. I found him intelligent, articulate, charming, gentle, understanding, patient and even-tempered. I never thought any of this was pretentious unless he was a sociopath. Particularly when the job we were doing could be particularly challenging at times. Sure, he was a corporate man, he was climbing the ladder, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. I thought he had integrity and he was always willing to help, advise and never did I feel he was less than honorable.
True, we change over time and marriage and children and life in general sometimes becomes unbearable and obstacles insurpassable. But Gerard adored Allison. It was so clear. I can't see how he would ever do her any harm, nor get into any state that would even be accidental. I guess people can have very different personas at work and in relationships but from a female perspective his ability to clearly show his love and affection for Allison in front of his staff(particularly in a work environment they shared) demonstrated that emotionally he wasn't stunted. One could say that an ability to display this kind of openness wouldn't be covering up a differenent side at home, OR, it could be over-compensation for different behaviour beyond the work environment. But would someone like Allison stay with someone janus faced? She was no fool. Hence I look to the former theory.
I don't understand people saying he was 'scary', or that he looked 'evil'. I never thought that about Gerard. It's been a long time since I worked with him , maybe i was naive, but essentially we don't change so much we would either intentionally or unintentionally hurt someone, particularly the mother of your own children. I left the father of my daughter and my gosh, how many times I've wished things upon him I'm unwilling to share here but of course I'd never act upon those desires.
If something did happen out of anger the gerard I knew would have admitted to it. There was mention that being in real estate automatically relegated Gerard into the ranks of compulsive liars and manipulators. Working in Real estate does require some confidence and often cunning but we cannot tar all real estate agents with the same brush.

There is so much we don't know, that police are not revealing, or is there? I must admit how surprised I am that there have been absolutely no leaks. We keep hearing the same rehashed, embellished story to try and create some more sensation for some newspaper. I hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.

I have been hoping beyond hope that they find Allison and that Gerard has had no involvement in her disappearance. I feel for them all.

Much like myself, i am intrigued By this case, and I'm sure his lawyer's firm are trolling the web and monitoring this forum. No doubt they know more than us, remember they are paid to deafened innocent or guilty.
Seen the movie 'Devils Advicate'??

What did I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members