Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the back window had been wound down ( as someone in a previous thread mentioned) to conceal the Century21 signage. Car was washed and only later the window was wound up. Although why anyone would wash their car with a window down? But than again panick can make you forget lots of things IMO

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the rear window doesn't wind down. I think it did in the much older Prados.

David Murray, Senior reporter/investigations editor sunday mail tweeted about an hour ago....

New details on the Allison Baden-Clay murder hunt, tomorrow's sunday mail.
6:10pm - 19 May 12

I would paste a link but I'm on my iPhone so only have a mobile link. I just googled Baden-Clay twitter updates.

= Buy our paper! I bet it's just re-hashing/re-wording same old info.

= Buy our paper! I bet it's just re-hashing/re-wording same old info.

Agree. If it was anything really significant, they would have wanted the scoop and posted it on the courier mail website already.

In saying that, let's hope there might be a couple of new tidbits of detail that might feed our hungry curiosity!

Yes that is correct even when you are told it is 'off the record' - nothing is off the record as everything you say can be used for later on... even if you have made a mistake - you cannot take it back.

Adding to the above, one only needs to provide name, address and date of birth to police. Until the person is charged, no need to provide a statement.

Thank you HAWKINS for making clearer the 'complex' legal processes involved.
IMO Parliament needs to look into changing the Law based on this specific case example.
Suspects need to be prevented from securing the services of a Legal Eagle Barrister until after they are charged. The Police investigative process should not be restricted due to the presence of a Barrister standing between them and the Suspect. It uses millions of taxpayers dollars unnecessarily. MOO.

Your are forgetting that everybody is presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty. After everything I have read in this forum regarding police/arrests/criminal cases,etc., even if I was innocent of something, but the police had me in their sights, I would most definitely engage a lawyer before opening my mouth or agreeing to any statements/questioning.

Does a deceased body start to leak bodily fluids or anything basically straight away?

I would imagine that the body would have had to wrapped in something prior to the body being dumped.

I believe Allison's body was found not wrapped in anything, is that correct?

Does a deceased body start to leak bodily fluids or anything basically straight away?

I would imagine that the body would have had to wrapped in something prior to the body being dumped.

I believe Allison's body was found not wrapped in anything, is that correct?

Yes, and it appears that the body was found without any wrapping.

Darn I cant see it......Anything interesting bellgirl?

Cccclllaareb posted a quote that there will be news in tomorrow's Sunday Mail - we'll have to wait a few more hours! Geeze, hope it's a big step forward - it's so slow and quiet atm! :)

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have read all of the threads and been following the case through the media etc. since before Allison was found. This tragedy is just so sad on so many levels. All I can do is pray for God's comfort, and strength for the whole family and friends (all sides) and great wisdom and integrity for the QPS in bringing the TRUE perpetrator(s) to justice.

I do have some thoughts, questions and observations though that I am happy to share. Just for background I don't live in QLD though I did grow up there (but not Brookfield) and I don't know anyone at all involved with this case. I had never even heard of the Baden-Clay family before this tragedy.

I can understand why people seem so focussed on GBC being the prime suspect, though I am not personally convinced that he did it. I believe that the police know far more than we know and we do have to be careful not to judge and mock someone who may well be innocent and in quite significant grief. Yes, if he is found to be the person who has done it he does deserve the full force of the law and judgement.......but let's wait till then. I am more interested in QPS arresting the right person(s) and taking the time to get it right rather than being in a hurry to get an arrest.

The amount of things that seem to have "leaked" (whether they are true or not is another question) from people who seem to know someone who is part of the investigation etc. bothers me too. It raises questions in me of the integrity of the staff investigating. Surely in this line of work, you wouldn't even tell your family snippets let alone anyone else. Surely it is part of the training of police officers to maintain confidentiality/ privacy/ secrecy of investigations. If these leaks are indeed true leaks and not just local gossip then this is something serious that QPS need to look at. I do have hope that indeed the staff are acting with integrity and aren't leaking info and so therefore I will disregard any info that has come this way.

Some questions that I have:
1. GBC could well have reported accurately and honestly to the police. If that is the case he was asleep at 10:00 at night. Could someone have come to the door after he was asleep and confronted Allison resulting in events that lead to her demise? Perhaps GBC is a heavy sleeper, maybe he was medicated or his bedroom may have been away from the front door or carport area. Some medications do make people more sleepy less alert etc. Perhaps for whatever reason he slept through whatever happened.
2. People have raised questions about why the police acted so quickly initially. I wonder whether GBC and ABC could have had any threats made to them in regards to any of their business dealings/ loan/ debts or whatever. Perhaps GBC informed the police of such concerns and that is what triggered the quick response. I don't know... this is just an idea. Then, if this is the case perhaps GBC could only tell them so much.....so as to let the police discover for themselves rather than being an informer.....perhaps at risk to his own or other members of his family's life etc.

I have to go.....family responsibilities beckon.......but I do promise to come back and write more.

Yes, and it appears that the body was found without any wrapping.

They must have wrapped the body in something otherwise there would be bodily fluids in the car, they obviously dumped whatever they wrapped the body in, maybe that is one reason why they were searching industrial bins etc.

I wonder whose house is missing a doona, rug, roll of carpet.

They must have wrapped the body in something otherwise there would be bodily fluids in the car, they obviously dumped whatever they wrapped the body in, maybe that is one reason why they were searching industrial bins etc.

I wonder whose house is missing a doona, rug, roll of carpet.

Never thought about the fluids :-| good point. If there was a wrapping it might have just washed away

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have read all of the threads and been following the case through the media etc. since before Allison was found. This tragedy is just so sad on so many levels. All I can do is pray for God's comfort, and strength for the whole family and friends (all sides) and great wisdom and integrity for the QPS in bringing the TRUE perpetrator(s) to justice.

I do have some thoughts, questions and observations though that I am happy to share. Just for background I don't live in QLD though I did grow up there (but not Brookfield) and I don't know anyone at all involved with this case. I had never even heard of the Baden-Clay family before this tragedy.

I can understand why people seem so focussed on GBC being the prime suspect, though I am not personally convinced that he did it. I believe that the police know far more than we know and we do have to be careful not to judge and mock someone who may well be innocent and in quite significant grief. Yes, if he is found to be the person who has done it he does deserve the full force of the law and judgement.......but let's wait till then. I am more interested in QPS arresting the right person(s) and taking the time to get it right rather than being in a hurry to get an arrest.

The amount of things that seem to have "leaked" (whether they are true or not is another question) from people who seem to know someone who is part of the investigation etc. bothers me too. It raises questions in me of the integrity of the staff investigating. Surely in this line of work, you wouldn't even tell your family snippets let alone anyone else. Surely it is part of the training of police officers to maintain confidentiality/ privacy/ secrecy of investigations. If these leaks are indeed true leaks and not just local gossip then this is something serious that QPS need to look at. I do have hope that indeed the staff are acting with integrity and aren't leaking info and so therefore I will disregard any info that has come this way.

Some questions that I have:
1. GBC could well have reported accurately and honestly to the police. If that is the case he was asleep at 10:00 at night. Could someone have come to the door after he was asleep and confronted Allison resulting in events that lead to her demise? Perhaps GBC is a heavy sleeper, maybe he was medicated or his bedroom may have been away from the front door or carport area. Some medications do make people more sleepy less alert etc. Perhaps for whatever reason he slept through whatever happened.
2. People have raised questions about why the police acted so quickly initially. I wonder whether GBC and ABC could have had any threats made to them in regards to any of their business dealings/ loan/ debts or whatever. Perhaps GBC informed the police of such concerns and that is what triggered the quick response. I don't know... this is just an idea. Then, if this is the case perhaps GBC could only tell them so much.....so as to let the police discover for themselves rather than being an informer.....perhaps at risk to his own or other members of his family's life etc.

I have to go.....family responsibilities beckon.......but I do promise to come back and write more.

I love your thinking. Anything is possible with this case!!!

Fact - body language of Mr. Dickie tonight , very sad. My heart aches for those parents.

I'm still interested in the Sim card, are Sim cards cheap or free in Aus? I don't think many people throw them away in NZ.
Hope it was in good condition when found, and police could access info on ti.

Hi kiwi50, I also wonder why a person would throw away a phone and sim card by the side of the road and not in a rubbish bin. IMO the perp is driving away from the scene and remembers they still have the phone and throws it out the car window thinking it will land far enough away to not be found but it actually hits the guard rail and lands on the road which is how the police found it. I know the police have ruled it out but could this be false information to perhaps trick the offender. Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this (false info) or does any info released have to be factual.

Never thought about the fluids :-| good point. If there was a wrapping it might have just washed away

You would imagine they would dump the body still wrapped, unless they were trying to make it look like a suicide.

Or as you say it might have been wrapped in something and the water washed whatever it was away.

Either way someone's house is missing a decent sized doona or rug or a pile of blankets.

thanks Hawkins, can I ask, how often, in your opinion, do our stringent laws work in FAVOUR of australians who have been violated, assaulted, raped or murdered, or a multitude of other violations? It seem to work against us as much as it does for us. Someone very close to me was sexually assaulted and we had a couple of wonderful detectives on the case. she could simply not prove that this man had raped her without her consent...nothing ever happened to this guy

The criminal law exists for the State to punish offenders not primarily to assist victims. If one of my children was sexually assaulted I would never allow them in court. The system can be brutalizing and is far from perfect. It does not set out to find the truth or to obtain the best outcome for anyone. That's not commonly understood. Your friend may well have suffered more because of the justice system. In the olden days male relatives took care of rapists. In some cases that was probably the best outcome. Go figure.

Wasn't there intermittent rain on the night?

From memory we didn't have rain for several weeks.
I remember it being pretty dry, and then the weekend she was found it literally rained from late Friday night, all day Saturday and I think it eased into the night a little. We had a few hundred mm in just over 24 hours in parts around Brisbane.

I ride my bike to work every morning at 6:30am, so I tend to notice if it rained over night and I recall that weekend being the first rain in maybe 2-3 weeks.

Hi all - GBC at the show again tonight. Saw him a few times in the distance then another time realised he was coming towards me and brushed past me in the crowd. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties