Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone answer this. Apologies if it has been discussed before.

How has GBC managed to avoid making a statement to QPS? Is it a function of having hired a lawyer or would the police be waiting until the evidence mounts up so that they can ask him the right questions?

The short answer is....he has the right to remain silent. Nobody has to give a formal statement to police if they don't want to.

Sorry if what I am typing below upsets anyone.

Just a question :

What made the police check out nbc shed ? Looking for Possums ?? Or maybe a stack of valuable old Playboy mags? Maybe a shovel? Or maybe something that was used to weigh Allison's body with ?

Somone here said they had creepy feeling about Kohlo Creek .....any rightly so, apparently Allison was there all the time. She was never meant to be found, her body was thrown over the bridge and she was weighted down, which is why she was missing a hand. The canoeist found her body UNDER the water in the very very low tide.......allegedly, apparently.........

can you elaborate on the fact that she was missing a hand? what is this all about? I have completely missed something here? its highly possible as I left half an hour ago

Ill try and put this a clearer way. I, for one, have had problems in my marriage over the years. In the midst of bad times, or fighting, the very last thing I or my husband would do, would call the police if I wasn't there in the morning or vice versa. I understand as you get older and less hotheaded, you don't runoff to a friends to cool down or just plain take off into the night pissed off, so I wonder why would GBC call her in as missing? surely due to his behaviour over the last few years she has leaned on friends or family etc when there have been tough times? He dug his own grave in my opinion, acting concerned too early on

Minni that is exactly what my other half said, that he should have waited longer before calling the police.

If we had an argument he wouldn't start to get concerned if I didn't come home that night, he would just think I had gone to a friends place and stayed there. And quite frankly I agree if we had had an argument and he took off somewhere I would not start to worry about him either unless he didn't come home by the next night.

can you elaborate on the fact that she was missing a hand? what is this all about? I have completely missed something here? its highly possible as I left half an hour ago

I think the hand information was in thread 9

I'm wondering that too!
I also feel bad for her. (no one jump down my throat now please! I don't know the full story so I am not going to get on the judgement bandwagon- things aren't always black and white: my opinion!)

I appreciate that people feel bad for her but why? The police are in control of what information is being released. Why would they allow her to be named publicly if she was helping them with their enquiries? I'm taking this as a sign that she is not being too helpful. jmo

Missing a hand/ The canoeist found her body UNDER the water in the very very low tide.......allegedly, apparently.........

There's actually no confirmation that Allison's body was missing a hand, furthermore I have a vague recollection that the police statement was 'no outward signs of trauma'.

As for the weighting of the body, her body was found well up a bank at the hightide level, not underwater at all. The water was a good 3-4 metres down the bank.

:fence:

I posted that because of the very strange posts he/she posted today. Go back through his/her posts. GBC??

Maxymoooo...nooo...angel1 lives out in a country town somewhere.

She comes across as a lovely caring person.

How has GBC managed to avoid making a statement to QPS? Is it a function of having hired a lawyer or would the police be waiting until the evidence mounts up so that they can ask him the right questions?

Hawkins is probably already typing. Everyone has the right to remain silent. They can ask him till blue in the face but his solicitor will say no. Even if he is charged and goes to court they can't compel him to give evidence.

BB was a partner until just before Xmas. ABC took over that role 2012. Perhaps she found more things that concerned her?

The short answer is....he has the right to remain silent. Nobody has to give a formal statement to police if they don't want to.

The corollary of that is that defence lawyers tell their clients that if they have no involvement in an offence that they should make a full and clear statement as soon as possible. The usual advice is not to talk to police without a lawyer present but if you can rule yourself out with a simple and obviously true explanation then you should do so. A failure to do so does not imply guilt but it naturally attracts the interest of investigators.

News story just on Channel 9 stated that it is now known that GBC has had several affairs & that TM's mother was quoted as saying Toni has gone in to hiding and is distraught and devastated her name has been made public!

I think that is the kind of pressure the Sunday Mail story was designed to create. TM is feeling isolated and being publicly outed can't be much fun.

She was never meant to be found, her body was thrown over the bridge and she was weighted down, which is why she was missing a hand. The canoeist found her body UNDER the water in the very very low tide.......allegedly, apparently.........[/QUOTE]

Thank you for explaining the hand

This came out last Saturday night by Brissiechickinusa.

When Allison was found she was a mess, missing a hand nad had been weighted down apparntly allegedly..............
possibly forget the scout ground as disposal ground.
Allison was very wealthy in her own right, she did well out of Flight Centre and was a hard worker in whatever she did.

Her money was drained and leeched by half arsed decisions, not Allison though.

She used to share ballet duties with another mum, they pick the girls up and take them to ballet. Allison was a ballet dancer too.

Allison was murdered Police Commissioner has said so and she was an innocent victim just like Daniel Morecombe Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby.

I hope for her family it wont be unresolved like the Wanda Beach murders or the Beaumont Children.

I appreciate that people feel bad for her but why? The police are in control of what information is being released. Why would they allow her to be named publicly if she was helping them with their enquiries? I'm taking this as a sign that she is not being too helpful. jmo

Short answer: because she is a human. So far all we know she is definitely guilty of is poor judgement. Personally I feel no need to become hateful and judgemental of someone when I am not privy to the full picture. People are more complicated than good vs evil. We have no idea what she's said to the police or whether she's being helpful or not.

Minni that is exactly what my other half said, that he should have waited longer before calling the police.

If we had an argument he wouldn't start to get concerned if I didn't come home that night, he would just think I had gone to a friends place and stayed there. And quite frankly I agree if we had had an argument and he took off somewhere I would not start to worry about him either unless he didn't come home by the next night.

exactly, like I sasid, he dug his own grave right there and then IMO

Hi there, we have discussed this extensively in previous threads but essentially, there's no requirement under the Queensland Criminal Code for anyone to provide a statement. The presumption of innocence ensures that charges must be proven in a court of law. The lawyer and barrister would be advising their client on police interaction and acting as a buffer regarding police AND media.

I'm fairly sure somewhere in thread 7 you can further links to the Queensland Criminal Code that may assist you further.

Mind you, there's no law against someone providing a statement in an effort to clear their name, either... the fact that some parties have been willing to meet with police on numerous occasions whilst others have not says much about personal ethics in my book. :moo:

Hi Everyone , first time poster- is it normal to be nervous?!..... IMO Allison was a vibrant, attractive person that was a magnet to people- this is obvious from the community feedback. Unfortunately Allison had a secret- being that she had married a complete mental (at least ) abuser and womaniser. Fast forward through years of "staying put" for the childrens sake and wanting to believe his protests of "it's over- she's left the company ect ect on numerous occasions--Allison realised finally she had the girls to an age where she found the old Allison again- the go-getter the achiever- imo this happens to the majority of mums once the littlies are up a bit in age- you get a little relief to the unrelenting demands that come with having 3 toddlers/or babies. She was back to some degree working and attending conferences which instilled some confidence back. She was attractive and friendly so I think that it is quite possible that the "magnet" of Allison would have easily attracted someone to love her- and quite possibly for her to love them back. Gerard is a narcissist, therefore I believe one of the only emotion for Allison he would have that would drive him to the point of murder would be jealousy-No Power=Not Happy IMHO

I think the hand information was in thread 9

lost forever then, I left thread 9 reasonably late into it but don't recall ever hearing that...has there really been no other comments on the fact her hand was gone? can you elaborate, or can someone else? seems kind of big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper