Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An email from GBC to clients last week was titled "Business as usual". Quite cold but by the sounds of hings here wasn't alto of love left anyway?

I can see it being no difference for as yet it has to be determined by law that GBC is guilty. What happens if he is Not Guilty - if we can do that to a fellow human being before he is found guilty - then we are no different - if we all ran around and gave people their just deserts because we 'feel' that are guilty then it does not make sense to me. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent but time will reveal that - making such rash statements on GBC and what should be done to him before that then it makes that person no different.

Likewise with TM - why is their so much hate out there for her - I know it was wrong - but I don't understand why some people on here are so vindictive about her. How do you know - she was the one that spilt them up - it could have been a previous affair he had that divided the marriage - I don't know them - the marriage may have been on the rocks before all the affairs started - I don't know... but surely a bit of compassion would not go astray here.. at least until we know the facts and who actually done it. A lot of you will have egg on your face if he is not the guilty party.... and everything hateful and vindictive you said - well who knows - his daughters may read of it one day - If he is guilty- then the law will certainly get him in the end. It patience that will win out in the end -

His silence speaks volumes... JMO

I read this on another sight. doesn't sound familiar?

Take Exception: I read 3 things on websleuth site that were presented in a way as if they were fact (by someone with inside knowledge) rather than hearsay. So take it with a grain of salt. I heard 1) the kids actually slept at a friend’s house and 2) that the friend was driving past the BC house next morning and they noticed Allison’s car there when she should have left for the conference. They allegedly stopped and were confronted with a big shoo-off from GBC and 3) I read that a neighbour was out and about around their property (near or adjoining the BC property) that night and saw GBC and his car. Again, allegedly, he rushed at this person saying words to the effect “what are you doing, you aren’t supposed to be here” I find websleuth hard to navigate and can’t find these references anymore. Sorry.

His silence speaks volumes... JMO

His silence does speak volumes but remember we really don't know him, Allison or the family. I'm not defending him but everyone acts differently in situations........his reaction to what's happened is not what people consider the norm but does that make him guilty?

Isn't that what I just said lol I refuse to exercise my right to remain silent

My apologies - I actually responded immediately after my last post but due to the speed at which people reply, your post went up before my reply.

I think a lot of people who have watched this forum from the first thread probably feel somewhat frustrated that some information is rehashed over and over again when all we are dealing with is the known facts and some allegations that have proven correct. ie. affair/s

As such, I don't think it impertinent to request that people stick to the topic, be polite and expect that occasionally some double ups will occur.

I can see it being no difference for as yet it has to be determined by law that GBC is guilty. What happens if he is Not Guilty - if we can do that to a fellow human being before he is found guilty - then we are no different - if we all ran around and gave people their just deserts because we 'feel' that are guilty then it does not make sense to me. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent but time will reveal that - making such rash statements on GBC and what should be done to him before that then it makes that person no different.

Likewise with TM - why is their so much hate out there for her - I know it was wrong - but I don't understand why some people on here are so vindictive about her. How do you know - she was the one that spilt them up - it could have been a previous affair he had that divided the marriage - I don't know them - the marriage may have been on the rocks before all the affairs started - I don't know... but surely a bit of compassion would not go astray here.. at least until we know the facts and who actually done it. A lot of you will have egg on your face if he is not the guilty party.... and everything hateful and vindictive you said - well who knows - his daughters may read of it one day - If he is guilty- then the law will certainly get him in the end. It patience that will win out in the end -

thanks coffeechick...I completely understand your thoughts on TM. however I don't imagine you have been in Allisons shoes and hence felt that type of pain. It isn't so much that TM found herself in an affair, she actively continued one after the public humiliation. she is by no means worse than GBC, but is equally accountable for deceiving GBC's wife. Allison was trying to save her marriage, was told the affair was over, was holding her head high EVERY FU&^ING DAY, whilst they disregarded her. I think its understandable people here, who are seeking justice for her death, should be angered by the injustices she suffered in her life. I will take that egg on my face and wear it proudly...and thats just for the cheating!!!

as for GBC, I feel CJ was simply stating what they would like (NAY, LOVE) to do to a piece of scum that could kill an innocent woman for their own benefit/gain. I will go back and read said comment as I might be wrong, but I posted what I did under the assumption that CJ wants someone to pay for what happened to ABC. again. I am honestly not getting crabby here, Coffeechick, at anyone except the people who did this

The Dickies are good stock- we've established that one easily. Hard to tell your parents you are not only a mother but a woman and have found someone- your soulmate. Grandparents tend to get tunnel vision and only think of the kids feelings/emotions- forgetting imo their beloved daughter had adult needs/dreams too. Good, great, wonderful mothers are essentially women with needs and dreams also.... Gerard wouldn't have liked the fit of the boot being on the other foot I daren't say. Quite a compelling case when he told his parents of her indiscretions too- compelling enough maybe for his parents to do whatever it takes to clean up the aftermath of his temper. IMO I will say that Allisons "indiscretions" I mentioned would be very tame in comparison to his prior affairs. I will tag another IMO here too...... RIP Allison.. Gone - but not forgotton

I don't feel we have enough information to be in a good position to make really nasty judgements about her character. We don't know she was "happy to flaunt" anything. We have no ideas what kind of BS he fed her about the state of the marriage. I don't think calling her behaviour 'poor judgement' is a downgrade-we dont know everything about the situation. Personally I feel it is premature to just flat out attack this woman.

All just my opinion, and I recognise that it's an issue people are going to feel differently about.

Agreed that this is definitely an issue that people will disagree about. Imo, having a fling or a one-night stand is poor judgement, but having an ongoing, not to mention public, relationship for over a year with a married man is in a far worse category. Also from snippets in today's article, she gained financially from this affair which to me is unscrupulous. I'm not "attacking" her, I'm "attacking" what she did. Anyways I don't think we're going to agree on this one :)

Hi Everyone , first time poster- is it normal to be nervous?!..... IMO Allison was a vibrant, attractive person that was a magnet to people- this is obvious from the community feedback. Unfortunately Allison had a secret- being that she had married a complete mental (at least ) abuser and womaniser. Fast forward through years of "staying put" for the childrens sake and wanting to believe his protests of "it's over- she's left the company ect ect on numerous occasions--Allison realised finally she had the girls to an age where she found the old Allison again- the go-getter the achiever- imo this happens to the majority of mums once the littlies are up a bit in age- you get a little relief to the unrelenting demands that come with having 3 toddlers/or babies. She was back to some degree working and attending conferences which instilled some confidence back. She was attractive and friendly so I think that it is quite possible that the "magnet" of Allison would have easily attracted someone to love her- and quite possibly for her to love them back. Gerard is a narcissist, therefore I believe one of the only emotion for Allison he would have that would drive him to the point of murder would be jealousy-No Power=Not Happy IMHO

welcome royster!! this is a great post IMO. I know through personal experience...that some woman are magentic and attract EVERYONE. they are kind, intelligent, sweet, attractive, and sometimes a narcissistic control freak 'lands them'. It doesnt stay happy families forever though, as the narcissist stops feeling good about himself whenever he is around this more intelligent, more likeable, more 'BETTER" person. I think a man who found himself in this position would seek out a mistress to pump him up. Having said mistress would not mean he loves his wife any less, but wants her to suffer nonetheless because inadvertently she makes him feel bad. I imagine that a man like this would kill his wife or any man that she might decide to be with. I M O

This is how I think it went: ABC and GBC had an argument that night, using the children's absence to vent their problems and to speak openly about the affairs, finances etc. things got violent and there was a scuffle, perhaps abc was pushed and fell back and hit her head resulting in her death. A blow to the temporal lone can kill a person instantly and the wound may not have even been apparent (thus the no 'obvious trauma' cited about the body. Decomp and moisture would have removed all trace evidence such as blood and debris long before she was found. In a panic at seeing her dead, GBC organises with his family to help dispose of the body. Perhaps, NBC organised to meet him at the bus stop as he was not at home at the time and EBC drove behind as a lookout as well to assist in the disposal.

I really hoped Toni McHugh was helping to the best of her ability. Seems to me if you were, you'd have a carefully crafted comment vs the no comment. "Toni is distraught about the tragic murder of Allison Baden-Clay and is cooperating with police enquiries, and is hoping for a quick resolution for Allison's family and friends". Feel free to use it Toni, if it is any way true.

There's actually no confirmation that Allison's body was missing a hand, furthermore I have a vague recollection that the police statement was 'no outward signs of trauma'.

As for the weighting of the body, her body was found well up a bank at the hightide level, not underwater at all. The water was a good 3-4 metres down the bank.

:fence:

Anyone with a tidebook can confirm tides on the weekend that she was found weren't very low.
That combined with the fact we had around 200mm of rain in that area over 24 hours means that creek would have been swollen way past normal high tide levels.
Sounds like chinese whispers to me, and without the police confirming the state of the body I wouldn't be believing any of the stories of the state of the body as well.

The Dickies are good stock- we've established that one easily. Hard to tell your parents you are not only a mother but a woman and have found someone- your soulmate. Grandparents tend to get tunnel vision and only think of the kids feelings/emotions- forgetting imo their beloved daughter had adult needs/dreams too. Good, great, wonderful mothers are essentially women with needs and dreams also.... Gerard wouldn't have liked the fit of the boot being on the other foot I daren't say. Quite a compelling case when he told his parents of her indiscretions too- compelling enough maybe for his parents to do whatever it takes to clean up the aftermath of his temper. IMO I will say that Allisons "indiscretions" I mentioned would be very tame in comparison to his prior affairs. I will tag another IMO here too...... RIP Allison.. Gone - but not forgotton

It has been mentioned on here that Allison had been seeing someone other than her husband. Is this 'local' gossip?

His silence does speak volumes but remember we really don't know him, Allison or the family. I'm not defending him but everyone acts differently in situations........his reaction to what's happened is not what people consider the norm but does that make him guilty?

Thank goodness for Hawkin's!

Gerard has had a lawyer from very early on in the piece, a barrister since Allison was found. My husband's priorities would be finding me, not someone to provide legal advice.

As Hawkins said a few posts back - a Lawyer would advise a client to make a statement as soon as possible, if no involvement; doesn't imply guilt.

Fair enough, but if Gerard is innocent, I cannot for the life of me understand why he has just clammed up, and hasn't said anything. Unless he is guilty. JMO

This is how I think it went: ABC and GBC had an argument that night, using the children's absence to vent their problems and to speak openly about the affairs, finances etc. things got violent and there was a scuffle, perhaps abc was pushed and fell back and hit her head resulting in her death. A blow to the temporal lone can kill a person instantly and the wound may not have even been apparent (thus the no 'obvious trauma' cited about the body. Decomp and moisture would have removed all trace evidence such as blood and debris long before she was found. In a panic at seeing her dead, GBC organises with his family to help dispose of the body. Perhaps, NBC organised to meet him at the bus stop as he was not at home at the time and EBC drove behind as a lookout as well to assist in the disposal.

If I accidentally kill my partner with a single act of violence or even in a reasonably matched scuffle where I am not dishing out excessive force compared to theirs - as soon as I try and unsuccessfully rouse them from being unconscious I ring the ambulance in the hope of saving their life, and when the police arrive, I give a complete and honest statement.

I do think a scenario where by I beat up my partner, or strangle them or stab them, not intending perhaps to kill them but in such a way that serious injury is to be expected and is the goal, with minimal defence from them ... I am more likely to indulge in a cover-up. But I think most people either call police or flee still.

Hi all, just wanted to add something to the mix that hasn't come up yet. It is pure heresay and probably irrelevant but I heard that the canoeist who found ABC was actually an undercover cop, suggesting that the police had a fair idea where her body was located.

welcome royster!! this is a great post IMO. I know through personal experience...that some woman are magentic and attract EVERYONE. they are kind, intelligent, sweet, attractive, and sometimes a narcissistic control freak 'lands them'. It doesnt stay happy families forever though, as the narcissist stops feeling good about himself whenever he is around this more intelligent, more likeable, more 'BETTER" person. I think a man who found himself in this position would seek out a mistress to pump him up. Having said mistress would not mean he loves his wife any less, but wants her to suffer nonetheless because inadvertently she makes him feel bad. I imagine that a man like this would kill his wife or any man that she might decide to be with. I M O

Hi Minni!! You nailed what I thought exactly- It must have been so frustrating for him not to be able to break her down... She had the ability to rise above everything he threw at her and keep on keeping on- and doing a bloody good job of making it seem he wasn't effecting her. Of course he was- but this is where Al shone- making it seem all perfect. An abusers nightmare really... What a trooper she was- he really had to pull out all stops didn't he - the lengths he had to resort to- to finally be able to break her. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky