Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, just wanted to bring up a couple of things..
.mainly for discussion and thoughts.

*all reports say last seen by husband approx 10pm on 19th, when he went to bed (totally understandable for me, my husband goes to bed before me and gets up after me every day..it would be the kids who noticed me not there first)...anyway I also saw one news article which said..last seen walking along brookfield road on 20th ??? Has anyone else heard anything more about that sighting?

*i read somewhere on here she was found not wearing shoes..not sure if thats true..but it is a fact that alot of hit and run victims are literally thrown from their shoes.

I'm not picking a side..or screaming innocence, just wanted some inputs from others about these things

OreilyIn pages 6, 7 and 8 we discuss this points all of a sudden media reports ( yes I know they can be dodgy) started referring to him as the suspect.

GBC has not been named as an official suspect. I believe some ambiguous wording in a news report (which one I can't remember) may have caused some confusion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is nothing wrong with GBC taking the girls to the Brookfield show as far as I'm concerned, even if he did know the grandparents were taking them as well. They're little girls, they like the show, why not go twice? I used to go to the Ekka twice- once with mum and once with my grandmother, no biggie.

I'm not surprised people at the show were being sympathetic and supportive- he was there with the 3 girls! It would be unkind to be anything but.

I know people are critical of him going about his business, going to the show, going to the shops. He hasn't been charged with anything, he still needs groceries, he is still caring for his children- I don't feel the need to judge him for getting things done. If he just stayed inside with the doors locked that would be even stranger.

I have my doubts about him being in the classroom for anything other than routine things like dropping off or talking to the teacher.

Should he be arrested I would imagine social workers or similar would be there to take care of the children. I wouldn't think there would be a delay in arrest for the sake of the children's welfare (IMO the longer the delay the worse for the children.... I have my reasons and I recognise people have different views about this). I don't think there is enough evidence to arrest anybody YET that's all.

Whilst I am impatient I am not disheartened. It may seem like everything's taking a really long time but in the grand scheme of things maybe it's not. These things take time so, so be it.

All just my opinions obviously :)

i agree about child safety and female officers for the children, I would also like to think that the dickies would be notified soon after to collect the kids....hopefully not many BC's will be around to do that after the arrests...imo

I am sure Vanessa would be available to help as well!

Bushchick - Hi and welcome there was definately "talk speculation" that Allsion had been a "target" of a hit and run. This was widly discussed on a well known "book" site as early as the helicopters flying over brookfield. However I have only seen and very recently by "new comers" posts on this forum relating to this. It wasnt mentioned in the mid threads and as I say only posted by posters with 1 or 2 "posts". Not sure where this information is coming from either very close to home or someone in the know. Could be a hit and run then realised she was not dead so then finished off the job all gone wrong so then dump body. Which is why a regular poster on here said that there would be some horrific details regarding Allsions death?

When an arrest is finally made and allison's death has been given some closure, you are all invited to my place for drinks! There are some extremely sharp minds on here and it has been a pleasure to read not only your theories but also your condolences to the Dickie's and the three little girls. Here's hoping some more info materialises soon!!

respectfully snipped. :)

...one of the people present innocently asked could it be that the QPS would move in on GBC (if involved) after allowing the children to get a little bit of normality back into their lives after such a traggic event for such young children?

Just an idea, and it may or may not make sense, who knows, but could the 'powers to be' have been in lengthy and relevant discussions with child Physc's about potential trauma involved in removing their father so soon after the traggic loss/murder of their mother. After thinnking about this suggestion I guess it sounds plausable. The welfare of children is always of upmost importance to the authorities.
perhaps 'special' allowances can and have been made under these very special circumstances. I mean lets face it, he is not going anywhere, hardly a flght risk and I have no doubt his passport has probably been taken off him.

If the authorities thought that these 3 littlle girls would be better mentally prepared to go through the ordeal of losing their father in another 1 or 2 months then I think this has to be considered..
And by the way, i don't subscribe to notion that the children would EVER be 'mentally prepared' to losing their father after what they have gone through, BUT the QPS have a job to do. But perhaps this has been taken into consideration.

I suggested something in a thread or two back similar to what you've said: that having their father around at the moment was, I considered, an important thing (guilty or not). Losing one parent like this is horrific and then losing another one almost straight away...well, that would add to their trauma. I have always believed GBC loves his children regardless of whether he's guilty or not. I thought the QP might be giving the children some time before they swooped (and using that time to gather more solid evidence). Someone responded that police wouldn't take that into account. If they have enough evidence they'll bring him in, regardless. A part of me has to agree with that statement. But I hear what you're saying mountainhigh and have thought/felt similar. :)

In regards to him attending the show (or sending his kids back to school, or him attending the school to help out, and things like that) and people thinking that's a terrible thing to do: this is something that, IMO, he would have been told to do by the child psychologists dealing with his children (and probably by his own psychologist). It's all part of returning to normality which is important for the children (and for GBC if, in fact, he is innocent). Sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help the children at all. They need routine. They need things to go back to normal (even though it never will). If they always went to the show with their dad (and mum) then that's what they've got to do this year.

As an aside: I was pondering this case last night and thinking about the mention of a suicide note. This might explain how the first few days of this investigation played out (including the rapid response by police). Initially police were saying that they believed ABC to be alive and then, suddenly, it became a murder investigation. If a typed suicide note was found then they could, at first, have thought it had been left by ABC and, hence, the rapid response. Further investigation of the note might have shown it did not have ABC's fingerprints on it, that the printer used to print the note was different to the one they had at home etc leading to them thinking this was a situation of foul play and, hence, why it became a murder investigation.

That begs the question: why did the house of ABC and GBC become a "crime scene" almost straight away? But, here's my question: was it actually a crime scene or was it just cordoned off for investigation? Is there a difference? I don't know how these things work.

MOO :moo:

When an arrest is finally made and allison's death has been given some closure, you are all invited to my place for drinks! There are some extremely sharp minds on here and it has been a pleasure to read not only your theories but also your condolences to the Dickie's and the three little girls. Here's hoping some more info materialises soon!!

Thanks! That's very kind of you

*all reports say last seen by husband approx 10pm on 19th, when he went to bed (totally understandable for me, my husband goes to bed before me and gets up after me every day..it would be the kids who noticed me not there first)...anyway I also saw one news article which said..last seen walking along brookfield road on 20th ??? Has anyone else heard anything more about that sighting?

*i read somewhere on here she was found not wearing shoes..not sure if thats true..but it is a fact that alot of hit and run victims are literally thrown from their shoes.

I'm not picking a side..or screaming innocence, just wanted some inputs from others about these things
I think there have been conflicting reports as to when she was last seen, but i don't believe that the reports of her being seen walking on the 20th are correct as the police said that her body could have been there as early as 8pm on the 19th, but if you've got a link, please post it.
In regards to the shoes, I've not actually seen that, but I think that would just be rumour anyway, I don't think that any details like that have been reported.

Bushchick - Hi and welcome there was definately "talk speculation" that Allsion had been a "target" of a hit and run. This was widly discussed on a well known "book" site as early as the helicopters flying over brookfield. However I have only seen and very recently by "new comers" posts on this forum relating to this. It wasnt mentioned in the mid threads and as I say only posted by posters with 1 or 2 "posts". Not sure where this information is coming from either very close to home or someone in the know. Could be a hit and run then realised she was not dead so then finished off the job all gone wrong so then dump body. Which is why a regular poster on here said that there would be some horrific details regarding Allsions death?

Oh thanks, I have read alot of posts but obviously not all.
I dont know what the roads are like etc..but yeah, just thought maybe hit,and rolled down the bank..then washed up under the bridge.
As I said just a thought I couldnt get out of my head

Did you see the brisbane article last week saying last seen walking??

Oh..and newbie,as in finally signed up ...:) been reading since the kapunda stuff

I think there will be a phone call made and he will go with his legal representation to the police station at an appointed time, rather than it happen at home or elsewhere. I think the police will be keen to give him all the protection of his rights from the get go so there is no wiggle room.

I also don't think they will be delaying for any other reason than waiting on the forensic reports. If he is guilty his ongoing contact with his daughters is likely unhelpful to both them and the legal process if they need to give any statements.

Yes this is how I believe the arrest WILL go down.
No doubt arrangements are being made behind the scenes for the childrens future.
Are they actually living with GBC in their own home at moment?
I hope for their mental wellbeing they aren't, 10 year olds especially aren't silly and no doubt have heard many adults discussing their father, no matter how hard the family have tried to shelter them.
IMO only

i agree about child safety and female officers for the children, I would also like to think that the dickies would be notified soon after to collect the kids....hopefully not many BC's will be around to do that after the arrests...imo

I believe it will happen while the kids are at school and the Dickies will be notified prior. It would be very unfair for them to find out from the media.

I think Gerard knows what is coming and has the kids with his family to have them in some routine there. I also think he is at his parents as there are less reminders of his wife in their home than in his own.

I think when you lose someone you love you want to be surrounded by their things, their smells etc. I dont think it works that way when you kill someone... just MY OPINION.

Well, without mentioning any names, I disagree that someone who could kill their spouse could also claim to love their children
We hope that this person/family loves the children. However, we don't know what their meaning of 'love' is. One hopes that the 3 little girls are not being taught to cover up their own true self, ignore it, just parade with a happy sociable face and others will believe you. One hopes that they are not being taught to ignore a major trauma in their lives i.e. the death and loss of their own mother. This may have major ramifications for their mental health into the future.

I am intelligent and I commented.

I am sure you are, and therefore you would agree that an intelligent person cannot say with absolute certainty what other people will or won't do in their lives, including changing their surname. They may, they may not. its a matter for them and none of us would ever know.
If we knew with certainty what other people would do before THEY do it then I suspect becoming a multi millionaire would be rather easy. not too mention the murder rate would be quite low huh...
now that would be nice :)

I don't know where the "not wearing shoes" came from, but I haven't read that in any media reports. With regard to her walking along Brookfield Road, I believe that was only one article and I believe is not correct.

Or perhaps like you say he really neednt of taken them to the show he was just "show casing": and gaging community support IMO

If the Dickies were given tickets for the show, it may well be that the father doesn't know this (I don't think there would be much communication between the Dickies and him) and took the daughters himself. I am not taken his side, but kids do nag about things like this sort of stuff. I think it is good that he took the girls to the show. They are kids after all and need the distraction and some fun times.

snip snip snip and more snip...

That begs the question: why did the house of ABC and GBC become a "crime scene" almost straight away? But, here's my question: was it actually a crime scene or was it just cordoned off for investigation? Is there a difference? I don't know how these things work.
That's something I have given thought to as well but nah, don't have any answers there.

Thinking that maybe in some cases when some say 'a crime scene', they mean that it's being investigated as a possible crime scene or for signs of a crime.

Hmmm.... dunno really..... Cordoning off areas seems to be rather common in quite a number of situations.

GBC has not been named as an official suspect. I believe some ambiguous wording in a news report (which one I can't remember) may have caused some confusion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is nothing wrong with GBC taking the girls to the Brookfield show as far as I'm concerned, even if he did know the grandparents were taking them as well. They're little girls, they like the show, why not go twice? I used to go to the Ekka twice- once with mum and once with my grandmother, no biggie.

I'm not surprised people at the show were being sympathetic and supportive- he was there with the 3 girls! It would be unkind to be anything but.

I know people are critical of him going about his business, going to the show, going to the shops. He hasn't been charged with anything, he still needs groceries, he is still caring for his children- I don't feel the need to judge him for getting things done. If he just stayed inside with the doors locked that would be even stranger.

I have my doubts about him being in the classroom for anything other than routine things like dropping off or talking to the teacher.

Should he be arrested I would imagine social workers or similar would be there to take care of the children. I wouldn't think there would be a delay in arrest for the sake of the children's welfare (IMO the longer the delay the worse for the children.... I have my reasons and I recognise people have different views about this). I don't think there is enough evidence to arrest anybody YET that's all.

Whilst I am impatient I am not disheartened. It may seem like everything's taking a really long time but in the grand scheme of things maybe it's not. These things take time so, so be it.

All just my opinions obviously :)

Fair call on the arrest timing and respect all opinions. The point I raised earlier which had been raised with me earlier and I thought was an interesting one, as I know for a fact the welfare of the children's mental state will be a huge priority right now for the authorites, if indeed their father is on the 'radar'.
This is what I mean by this is not your 'typical garden variety arrest'. The police don't make an arrest of this nature (father kills mother of 3 young children) every day of the week.
However the other point to the post was simply to ask the likes of hawkins or dark shadow "even if the QPS wanted to delay an arrest, CAN THEY"?
is this even possible in our legal or legislative system??
I don't expect anyone without actual experience or knowledge in this matter to be able to answer this question. My lawyer friend couldn't this morning put it that way..
curious is all

Only 4 properties now for sale left on Century 21 Taringa site.

I am sure you are, and therefore you would agree that an intelligent person cannot say with absolute certainty what other people will or won't do in their lives, including changing their surname. They may, they may not. its a matter for them and none of us would ever know.
If we knew with certainty what other people would do before THEY do it then I suspect becoming a multi millionaire would be rather easy. not too mention the murder rate would be quite low huh...
now that would be nice :)

I have no certain knowledge of what anyone else might do, so anything I say is of course my opinion. Has little do with intelligence though, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties