Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the States, when you list a house you are on a contract with your agent. It's usually a 6 month contract. Is it like that in Australia as well? If there is a contract, I wonder how hard they are to break?

You can agree for it to be an 'exclusive listing' with that agent. Or you can have it as an 'open listing' and list with a number of agents. both are common, so if you only had a property as an open listing you could pull it overnight.

If you think you have info, go with your gut instincts. Pass it on to the appropriate people and they can decide if it is relevant JMO

ABSOLUTELY! crimestoppers will look into every bit of information they receive (within reason... they are hardly going to look into a claim that aliens did it or something crazy like that, lol). The police rely a great deal on information supplied by the public.

But what if the gut instincts pertained to what you knew that could "possibly" be related to the case??

no difference - you are still basing something on a 'feeling' - like I 'feel' GBC may be guilty - my gut is telling me that something is wrong with the way he is acting but that does not mean he is guilty - my gut is probably wrong and what I am seeing is something entirely different. Whereas Fact is fact - if he is guilty then the facts will prove it - if not - then no matter what my gut or feelings are telling me - I am reading him wrong.

I noticed it around about the second or third root. we could totally F their S up!!!

also, that was a very very informative post, the poor hapless fool has no idea as to the real relationship she is sabotaging, and hangs on the losers every word, not realising that she is only fullfilling some temporary need that will satisfy the insecure, shallow egotistical male she is PORKING, and that she is not really important at all

But what if the gut instincts pertained to what you knew that could "possibly" be related to the case??

I think you should contact Crimestoppers and let them know what you're thinking.... At least then, you've passed the information on and it's up to them to investigate. Your information/suspicions could very well be an important missing part of the puzzle.

Yesterday I tried to search TM but under the "Meet the Team" it was blank.....

try searching our early history in the first thread, we have plenty of links i think to that page, you probably have to look in the cached version? I have no technical ability whatsoever, but someone here would know how to retrieve it i think

There is a simple equation here.
There is a victim who was murdered and there is a murderer at large.

Numerous tests have been carried out on the victim and the detectives have a lot of information. By now, most if not all of the results of those tests will be back.
Many people have been interviewed.

There is also a person of interest. And that is putting it mildly.

What is it the investigators need? How many pieces of the puzzle are missing?
Where is the key to this case going to be found?

I dread the thought that the missing piece is what all investigators need in these cases................luck.

I just want this case resolved for Allison's family.

Well said!

I think you should contact Crimestoppers and let them know what you're thinking.... At least then, you've passed the information on and it's up to them to investigate. Your information/suspicions could very well be an important missing part of the puzzle.

Oh it's not me but someone I know.... I have told them the very same thing.

"Meet the Team" on the current website was taken down some weeks ago. I think the business was broke and being sold anyway. The value in a real estate office is the rent collection agency not property sales so the sales team is now irrelevant.

TM is in an older archived version of Meet the Team at http://web.archive.org/web/20080718224602/http://century21.com.au/westside/agenthome.htm July 18 2008

A lot of comment has been made in this forum that ABC doesn't rate highly being at the bottom of that page. Contra to that is that she wasn't in sales and was probably the author of the page and didn't write herself 'up'.

by that link. You would think his parents were the business partners...maybe thats who pulled out

Some interesting info re Crimestoppers....

The success of the Crime Stoppers program lies in in the simplicity of its method, according to Ken Martin.
Crime Stoppers assures anonymity for anyone wishing to provide information relating to a crime.

This simple provision effectively removes the fear of retaliation that deters the public from coming forward with information that could lead to an arrest of the perpetrator

http://crimsafe.com.au/blog/crime-stoppers-it-really-does-work/

Just shows how very human we all are - maybe you are not so different than he is if you could do that to another human being. Two wrongs don't make a right - I am sure if he is guilty the justice system will deal with him.

At times, it seems that the justice system favours those guilty of crimes rather than the victims. IMO Gerard Baden Clay killed his wife, and disposed of her like a piece of rubbish - anyone that could such a thing has no human decency in my eyes.

There is another article in SM by Kylie Lang in The Sunday section where she discusses (with assistance from an emeritus professor In criminal psychology) why the murderof Allison has hit home for so many people and why it is creating so much interest. I think yes there is a part if sensationalism on the part of the media, but also let's not forget that the very reason many of us are here is precisely because it is almost unthinkable to many of us that someone living 'our' kind of life could be murdered in such an apparent shocking terrible way, leaving three gorgeous kids In what must be a nightmare situation.

Thanks Rational - my sentiments too.

well, I have been a terrible, inattentive mother today, and best go hang out with my kids before they forget what I look like...keep up the good work tonight, I think we get closer and closer to understanding the types of people involved in this story with every post we make, even with the little we have to go on, and I think the fact that we all care this much about the rights and justice for a woman most of us will never know, and finding justice and comfort for her children who we will likely never know either, says a lot for the people on this forum, and I for one, am proud and honoured to have talked to you all....see you when I next get back on (2 hours max??)

Maxymoo,

Could I draw on your previous experience as a police officer - how has GBC managed to avoid making a statement to QPS?

How is that possible? Is it a function of having hired a lawyer or are the police waiting until the evidence mounts up so that they can ask the right questions?

Just shows how very human we all are - maybe you are not so different than he is if you could do that to another human being. Two wrongs don't make a right - I am sure if he is guilty the justice system will deal with him.

I think that its fair to say that CJ wanting to beat a man senseless with a cattle prod for taking the life of an innocent mother, destroying the lives of three innocent young girls who need their mother everyday for the rest of their lives.....DOES NOT COMPARE with actually killing a beautiful young woman and throwing her lifeless body down a scraggy hillside....not trying to offend coffee chick, but I can't see the similarity...I want the person responsible to SUFFER, but I don't see what he (the killer) did as being part of the human condition

At times, it seems that the justice system favours those guilty of crimes rather than the victims. IMO Gerard Baden Clay killed his wife, and disposed of her like a piece of rubbish - anyone that could such a thing has no human decency in my eyes.

just defended you on this very thing...hear hear CJ ( and damn it, I'm still here despite claiming to get off for a few hours!!)

by that link. You would think his parents were the business partners...maybe thats who pulled out

I think one man and one woman from that archived "Meet the Team" page were partners that pulled out just before Xmas and lent $300,000 to the business. Probably a loan that enabled GBC's company to buy them out. Fairly certain NBC/EBC were not the partners that left before Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine