Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a earlier thread, someone (perhaps factfinda?) mentioned a media law expert's take on the publication of details of cases such as this in both professional media and forums like this one. From memory, I think it was in the context of a longer discussion regarding defamation.

I have been thinking about this and wonder if the media's handling of the reporting of this investigation could also have anything to do with the fallout from the Finkelstein Report earlier this year. Not as a direct result, but as a broader approach to the way they handle news. Given the media has been *very* straight in their reporting of this case, I wondered whether, other than their usual practices of being accurate and needing to keep their contacts intact, perhaps there was also some discussion in media management about the ramifications of looser reporting, since the ink hasn't really dried on the Finkelstein Report.

I'm not suggesting individual reporters are gun-shy or quaking in their boots on the tail of this report (far from it), but that, overall, the media might be considering their approach in stories such as this. I find it fascinating that no one in the media has done the bolt yet.

there are THREE children involved in this case - all under 10. A huge amount of money will be required for their ongoing therapy, schooling (private or not) even just basic living expenses. Their mother has been murdered and their father is chief suspect - how can anyone begrudge them some financial help. Flight Centre probably donated a good sum...and as people have stated before, it makes you feel as thought you are helping. Sorry if I'm stuck on this...but really!

I think people are MISUNDERSTANDING. Nobody ever said the children did not DESERVE the financial help :banghead:. People have been asking why the call for help was done so early????? It was quite unusual in a suspected murder case and people noticed it. That's all people! Moving on!!

im sure i read at the beginning of the investigation police reporting they believed she was killed at home, did anyone else read this?
if these rumours are true, it gives so many more possible scenarios for allisons final hours.

I've not read of any confirmation from police stating Allison was killed at home.

All I have read is the following...

Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

yes, im wondering, or was it a romantic dinner? great if we had the restaurant name so we could map it and if someone knew what time they left and if they left together? but i guess we have to remember, its just hearsay they went to a restaurant, may not even be true?!

I suggested this a few days ago, the possibility of the BC's having a date night to try and work things out and it was quickly dismissed....

Do you have questions about Websleuths rules or other questions to ask the Mod Squad?

Here's the place:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122498"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

While we are all waiting for the slow wheels of justice...

I thought I'd post a few close up pics of the area where Allison was found again. I've been having a closer look and I think it's very possible someone could pull off the road into the bushes there and not be seen by passing cars. Not many cars would be going along Mt Crosby road in the middle of the night at any rate.

Anyways, for what it's worth - here they are.

Facing West:
kholowest.jpg

Facing East:
kholocar.jpg

Kholo Bridge:
kholobridge.jpg

Aerial view taken on May 9, 2012 - note the water level in the creek flowing down towards where Allison was found.
kholoarial.jpg

Did she float down that creek in the heavy rain? Or was it more likely (easier for the perp) that she was left where she was found..? Hopefully the autopsy will answer that. Whether we (us yearning for answers) will ever be privvy to the results is another question. If the person responsible pleads guilty, I doubt we will hear much at all unless the facts are released someday by Allison's family.

So we wait.

Once the police get their evidence together, the brief is handed over to the DPP. The DPP (dept of public prosecutions) ultimately decide what the criminal charge/s are based on what the cops give them. Only when the DPP are satisfied, will police get the go ahead to make an arrest. Not until then will the cops know what to charge him/her/them with.

Might be a long wait!!

Restaurants with CCTV cameras - that is interesting. Could the dinner have been in a shopping mall say INDRO or Kenmore Village - I wouldn't think too many restaurants have CCTV's that would be operational (maybe more for the show that there is security)

After having your hair done - it would have to been a 'casual' dinner because (well JMHO) if you had a cut and a colour then you could possibly get stuff on your good going out clothes? But I guess it would have just been a style do for the night. Funny then that ABC is found in 'walking gear'.

I just read on another forum where they are naming a pregnant "mistress" connected with GBC.
A social page is also making unsubstantiated remarks.
Can someone please educate me about the defamation actions that can possibly come from forums like this? I have no idea how to find that information for myself.

I just read on another forum where they are naming a pregnant "mistress" connected with GBC.
A social page is also making unsubstantiated remarks.
Can someone please educate me about the defamation actions that can possibly come from forums like this? I have no idea how to find that information for myself.

Please link us to the other forum or we have to remove the post as a rumor. We don't start rumors here.

:tyou:

dork whisperer - I love those pics! :loveyou:

:welcome:

:wagon:

IMO I know some of what's on here has to be classed as 'here-say'... but there's a good chance some of it is true.
It stands to reason that the locals really do know what their movements were in the days prior to her death.

I agree that a lot on here has to be classed as hearsay...there's a chance some of it is true...there's a chance some of it isn't.

Even with this latest restaurant thing...in the same post, from the same source that said Allison & GBC were at a restaurant...they've also said she was poisoned. How could anyone possibly know that.

If we hear a confirmation from police about that then great...otherwise I'm treating it like many/dozens of the other rumours on here & taking it with the old grain of salt.

It goes to show just how much isn't being released. I would like to think that this is because the police already know alot. To me it would be more of a worry if they were still calling for people to help. I'm taking this as a good sign. :)

It's now five weeks since Allison first disappeared...imagine the amount of info police have collected throughout this time. It seems they've now stopped asking for public assistance so I'm taking that as a good sign they're close to having the whole picture together.

Thankyou for posting the pics Dork Whisperer. Very interesting!

Please link us to the other forum or we have to remove the post as a rumor. We don't start rumors here.

:tyou:

I am not sure how to do that. It is the aussie criminal one. I will try to find it and come back with it. It was the naming I was concerned about, and the defamation etc, I wasn't planning to put the name here, my apologies if you thought so.

Originally Posted by Cccclllaareb "I bet plenty of you have partners who would appreciate if you would step awaaayyyy from the screen, pay them some attention. Give someone a cuddle!"

---You obviously haven't met my narcissist ex husband. I kid you not, whenever a woman goes missing in Brisbane, my xh is at the top of my list of suspects until someone else is found to be responsible. Next on the list is the missing woman's husband...

Dare anyone accuse me of being biased or prejudiced!

Bwahahahahahaha. Sorry but I think you may have to add my ex into that list as well :)

I am not sure how to do that. It is the aussie criminal one. I will try to find it and come back with it. It was the naming I was concerned about, and the defamation etc, I wasn't planning to put the name here, my apologies if you thought so.

To post a link, I think all you need to do is go back to that particular page, and copy and paste the URL into your post here. Hope that helps. :)

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/

That's why we love links so folks know we aren't starting rumors :yes:

And one of the forum owners is answering your question on the Threadiquette thread. :blowkiss:

You can discuss comments made on that site. We just don't consider them fact. When you read the response to your question on Threadiquette, you'll know why. :kimsterwink:

The DPP (dept of public prosecutions)

There is no Department of Public Prosecutions in Qld. We have an Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions which is colloquially referred to as 'the DPP'. This is to distinguish it from a typical public sector department which conducts its business acording to government policy. The decision to prosecute needs to be independent from the whims of government. The Director prosecutes matters on behalf of the Crown, not government.

There will be a significantly large body of evidence in this matter which is unlikely to be made public any time soon. Some will almost certainly have been alluded to on the forum. Some things alluded to by local people would be very prejudicial to potential criminal defendants but not yet of adequate probative value to make public. Evidence can be excluded in court on the grounds that it is highly prejudicial but of low probative value. Sometimes police need to look for other sources of information to confirm or support existing evidence to establish that the existing evidence is probative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow