Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media will often quote the organisation, rather than the name. In the situation with police, there are times when it is inappropriate to mention the officer's name (at the request of the police) because they would rather not have multiple officers' names mentioned. It's about their media protocol, rather than wanting anonymity. For example, whenever the lead detective or inspector makes a comment they will be identified, but if information comes via the police media unit they will specify that it is the "police" to be quoted and not the individual.

Whoops! Sorry! :doh:
You summed that up perfectly!

Just back from Kenmore Village and spoke to Sam the guy who unlocks the chains in the morning on 3 entrances (roundabout, Cedarleigh Road and Anz bank car park). He told me they are locked at about 10.30pm (by security) and unlocked by him before 8am to prevent commuters from using the carpark. The Brookfield Road entrance/exit is never chained. He has NEVER reported a chain missing in recent times...looked a bit bewildered when I asked him! lol
For the bullies on this forum, there is no need to comment on this post...feel free to ignore...I know I do the same to yours now.

Although I do appreciate someone putting the rumour to rest, it doesn't really get far as we don't know if it was Kenmore Village or Kenmore Plaza, and since then it has been suggested the chain was stolen from a construction site. From the start I didn't really trust the story anyway, but proving it's not at the original rumoured spot suggests it's just someones theory turned into a rumour.

I did a little snooping myself tonight. On the way home I decided to drive past and paid attention to where the accident happened at Indooroopilly Shopping centre.
Although I can't speak for the state of mind GBC was in, or if he had someone cut him off or not, but I cannot see how anyone, even if they were being cut off could possibly hit that concrete pylon. To me it has to have been deliberate. The pylon isn't something you could side swipe easily, you need to drift over an entire lane, and to achieve that you have to go past that first gutter. The only way to hit it is to swerve sharply to the left.
http://goo.gl/maps/dXBL
Street view makes it look possible, but driving past it you would have to try really hard to hit that.

I don't know about this whole neighbours reported firstly to police scenario....I don't know where it came from but thought it was only based on the story that neighbours heard arguing?

I personally think if there were more than a few people there 'going off' in the night, the neighbours would have investigated a little more.

its easy IMO to 'kind of be a nosy parker' and have a bit of a sticky beak, then say to your partner 'wow they are going OFF tonight', but not feel an urgency to call 000, if it were my neighbour I would possibly leave it if it sounded like a couple arguing but be more concerned if it sounded like a fight between several people.

I imagine several neighbours would have reported a disturbance of that nature.

MOO:moo:

Perhaps they were used to arguing coming from that house & ignored it not wanting to get involved....which is the case a lot these days...easier to just stay out of it all.

Although I do appreciate someone putting the rumour to rest, it doesn't really get far as we don't know if it was Kenmore Village or Kenmore Plaza, and since then it has been suggested the chain was stolen from a construction site. From the start I didn't really trust the story anyway, but proving it's not at the original rumoured spot suggests it's just someones theory turned into a rumour.

I did a little snooping myself tonight. On the way home I decided to drive past and paid attention to where the accident happened at Indooroopilly Shopping centre.
Although I can't speak for the state of mind GBC was in, or if he had someone cut him off or not, but I cannot see how anyone, even if they were being cut off could possibly hit that concrete pylon. To me it has to have been deliberate. The pylon isn't something you could side swipe easily, you need to drift over an entire lane, and to achieve that you have to go past that first gutter. The only way to hit it is to swerve sharply to the left.
Street view makes it look possible, but driving past it you would have to try really hard to hit that.

thanks Wakeskate...posters have been saying that from the start...and you are helping to confirm it...from what they say too there is no way that an accident could happen like that, only a deliberate act..good sleuthing

So agree wakeskate, if you tried to vier to the left there would be no way you could hit that bollard head on. You would have to be heading for it a long way back. I drive past it regularly and have noticed that they took forever to replace the bollard protecting the area because it was so unlikely anyone would hit it!

Could any Victorians reading please visit [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173587"]this thread[/ame] for 20 year old Lea Matthews, missing for over a week. Please share articles on your social media sites, thanks a bunch! Especially if you have young people in your feed, they may spot her out and about tonight!

Hi all. I have been waiting for the following article to be linked from the Courier Mail this morning. Unfortunately it only appeared on my subscription and have not been able to locate it elsewhere. It is a letter from Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, dated 26 May, 2012 12 am. And IMO what is left out is almost as important as what is said.

I think if you read it carefully it says everything.

"It is with broken hearts that we write to thank the many hundreds of people who have supported us throughout the last five weeks as our world changed forever.

Words cannot express our heartfelt thanks to all who have shown us love and support throughout this very public journey of the tragic loss of our dearest daughter Allison.

We wish to thank all the agencies involved in the search and rescue of Allison, such as the Queensland Police, for their tireless efforts at the Command Centre where we were astounded by the amount of resources used in the search.

The dedication, courtesy, understanding and kindness shown to us by the serving police and officers is appreciated.

We thank the SES volunteers who came from far and wide to help in the search, in both sunshine and rain, and the Queensland Fire Service for their participation and assistance.

The Brookfield Show Society for the use of their facilities and the wider Brookfield community for their constant support and caring during our 11 days at the command centre.

Once again the overwhelming support and outpouring of sympathy for Allison, her three young daughters and our family through the hundreds of cards, with stories of the way she touched and changed lives and inspires others in many ways, will stay with us forever.

Thank you for your prayers, beautiful flowers and your donations to our precious daughter's appeal - they are greatly appreciated.

To Allison's best friend and her family, we thank you for your unfailing strength and support.

In closing, we THANK YOU all and ask you to remember Allison as she remains - Forever in our Hearts.

From the Dickie family and friends.

Hello ???? New here ....

Just wanted to say Hi really, and let you know I'm not just a 'lurker'. I'm madly trying to catch up! Boy - you guys are prolific - 13 threads!!!!

Have been a bit obsessed with this case, and am so happy to have found this site.

Can I please ask three questions:

1. Is there a link to any more info re the 'missing hand' thing - or has that been discounted yet?

2. Same as above - but regarding the neighbours hearing screams on the night.

3. Sorry - bit trivial - but where do the little animated emoticons come from? Have been looking for ages but can't find them.

Look forward to getting to know you all. :)

I have been reading from the begining and have not been able to shake my theory from the start it might sound far fetched but had to put it out there .
Well here goes my thoughts of what could have happened to ABC

(1).GBC may have had scratches and bruises inflicted by an angry mistress saying if I cant have you no one will.

(2) GBC and ABC may have had an arguement about the other woman and he may have taken something to help sleep and goes to bed around 10 pm leaving ABC watching tv

(3) Allison and the mistress meet up (at home or somewhere else) and end up have roaring arguement which gets violent and results in ABCs death..

(4) GBC is out to it with medication so the BC seniors are called in to help,thinking GBC killed her and the cover up begins...

My thoughts on (4) are from reading ..CHRISSYZ post in thread one re a family members status update which read (Struck down but not destroyed...They have virtualy imprisoned us in the house..I warn you there may be more and worse to come)
I cant think what could be worse for them .

(5) He wakes to find ABC gone and total chaos around him and knows how it will look so stays silent

(6) Police a start full scale search based on what they were told or saw on arrival

All of the above moo based on comments and heresay

Just thought this might help anyone not familiar with many of the random terms popping up tonight
http://latin-phrases.co.uk/quotes/

id legi modo hic modo illic. vero, latine loqui non est difficilissimum

Aha! I see what you mean :) Looks like there's a very quirky sense of humour going on here. Or maybe it's just a man's sense of humour (not meaning to be sexist ... well, maybe a little bit)

Thanks for this, AllyG.

I'm attaching a link to a previous story about the centre, and its previous challenges, so users can put in context the current time frame in this particular case: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/crimebusters-in-the-lab/story-e6frep2o-1111115212665

The centre has come through some enormous challenges in terms of clearing the backlog, but - of course - there will always be a wait.

I think it might also be helpful if people think about their own experiences with pathology and testing: if you get a blood test, it can take up to a week to get the results. Imagine how much longer specific forensic pathology tests take!

Also, this is just a general link to a radio story on the centre, for anyone interested: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/07/04/2294612.htm
Just adding it as an additional point of interest.

Cheers
Ex mea sententia

very informative..thanks Watson

Aha! I see what you mean :) Looks like there's a very quirky sense of humour going on here. Or maybe it's just a man's sense of humour (not meaning to be sexist ... well, maybe a little bit)

haha yes humour...its very important in the scheme of things :D

Hi all. I have been waiting for the following article to be linked from the Courier Mail this morning. Unfortunately it only appeared on my subscription and have not been able to locate it elsewhere. It is a letter from Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, dated 26 May, 2012 12 am. An IMO what is sad is almost as important as what is said.

I think if you read it carefully it says everything.

"It is with broken hearts that we write to thank the many hundreds of people who have supported us throughout the last five weeks as our world changed forever.

Words cannot express our heartfelt thanks to all who have shown us love and support throughout this very public journey of the tragic loss of our dearest daughter Allison.

We wish to thank all the agencies involved in the search and rescue of Allison, such as the Queensland Police, for their tireless efforts at the Command Centre where we were astounded by the amount of resources used in the search.

The dedication, courtesy, understanding and kindness shown to us by the serving police and officers is appreciated.

We thank the SES volunteers who came from far and wide to help in the search, in both sunshine and rain, and the Queensland Fire Service for their participation and assistance.

The Brookfield Show Society for the use of their facilities and the wider Brookfield community for their constant support and caring during our 11 days at the command centre.

Once again the overwhelming support and outpouring of sympathy for Allison, her three young daughters and our family through the hundreds of cards, with stories of the way she touched and changed lives and inspires others in many ways, will stay with us forever.

Thank you for your prayers, beautiful flowers and your donations to our precious daughter's appeal - they are greatly appreciated.

To Allison's best friend and her family, we thank you for your unfailing strength and support.

In closing, we THANK YOU all and ask you to remember Allison as she remains - Forever in our Hearts.

From the Dickie family and friends.

Thankyou for posting this. You are right, it really does say it all.

I have been reading from the begining and have not been able to shake my theory from the start it might sound far fetched but had to put it out there .
Well here goes my thoughts of what could have happened to ABC

(1).GBC may have had scratches and bruises inflicted by an angry mistress saying if I cant have you no one will.

(2) GBC and ABC may have had an arguement about the other woman and he may have taken something to help sleep and goes to bed around 10 pm leaving ABC watching tv

(3) Allison and the mistress meet up (at home or somewhere else) and end up have roaring arguement which gets violent and results in ABCs death..

(4) GBC is out to it with medication so the BC seniors are called in to help,thinking GBC killed her and the cover up begins...

My thoughts on (4) are from reading ..CHRISSYZ post in thread one re a family members status update which read (Struck down but not destroyed...They have virtualy imprisoned us in the house..I warn you there may be more and worse to come)
I cant think what could be worse for them .

(5) He wakes to find ABC gone and total chaos around him and knows how it will look so stays silent

(6) Police a start full scale search based on what they were told or saw on arrival

All of the above moo based on comments and heresay

Wow .... What you smokin tonight Barrams .... I could do with some ... iMO

Hello ???? New here ....

Just wanted to say Hi really, and let you know I'm not just a 'lurker'. I'm madly trying to catch up! Boy - you guys are prolific - 13 threads!!!!

Have been a bit obsessed with this case, and am so happy to have found this site.

where do the little animated emoticons come from? Have been looking for ages but can't find them.

Look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Welcome aboard, truthseeker2011. The animated emoticons are to the right of where you write a post. If you look to the bottom, there's a (small print) "more" which gives you a broader selection.

There are some fast posters and quick wits on this thread, so I think you will probably have had your thread answered before I post.

Cheers

Welcome aboard, truthseeker2011. The animated emoticons are to the right of where you write a post. If you look to the bottom, there's a (small print) "more" which gives you a broader selection.

There are some fast posters and quick wits on this thread, so I think you will probably have had your thread answered before I post.

Cheers

Welcome! The emoticons are just for the kiddies .... Surely adults wouldn't use them? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966