Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some one has talked about the chemicals from hair treatments and possible forensics in one of the cars in an earlier post, but good thinking, on you r other points I think the suspect observations at the house were more subtle (dont know why) but enough to feel wrong more than a big thing JMO

and WOW...I swear I feel that same familiarity you do towards OW. I actually got on FB to see what it could be but nothing...

I'm going to be n Townsville next week, all week. I'll have to keep an eye out!

Ok Minnie, here goes - I expect this to be laughed off the web but I am sick of reading about rigour mortis. Rules aren't clear to me so I think the best bet is to post a series of links and see what everyone thinks... The first two are unrelated to the case but may be relevant to the theory. The second two are relevant to the case and the theory.

1. "A woman died from a massive allergic reaction that could have been caused by the glue in her hair extensions, a pathologist said yesterday." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...tion-glue-hairdo-night-out.html#ixzz1wS5PLsHQ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-allergic-reaction-glue-hairdo-night-out.html

2. "A teenager died following a violent fit that struck her just 20 minutes after she coloured her hair." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-17-dies-agony-extreme-reaction-hair-dye.html

3. "Baden-Clay toxicology tests 'fail to reveal clues" http://www.news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8476089/baden-clay-toxicology-tests-fail-to-reveal-clues

4. "Salon link in Baden-Clay case" http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/n...k-in-badenclay-case-3338314.html?from=newsbox

Radster - I have been saying this for a while, if you take wishful thinking and emotion out of it, and just read between the lines using common logic, they just don't have any solid evidence.

Once they did that roadblock at the roundabout thing I felt that forensics was the only hope unless the culprit cracked under pressure and confessed.

Petro, this the best post ever on this forum, because it states the current situation so clearly. I've been reading this forum from day 1, reading all the news, and can come to no better conclusion than what you said.

Hello folks,

I've managed with all my willpower to stay quiet for over a week now - I was hoping the "imminent arrest" would have put all this speculation to rest by now... Sadly we are all still here waiting for answers.

I may have been put in the dog box with old Scraps for my last post (now deleted) - I'm not entirely sure as I have only logged back in just now. Sorry to all (and our extremenly tolerant mods) if I stepped over the line with that last one, since deleted... As most would have realised it was a very "tongue in cheek" summary of the evidence against the main suspect, intended to highlight how difficult it might be for QPS.

I totally understand the acute focus on the main suspect - particularly as we have no one else to focus on. I just think a lot of the evidence some are relying on is so "circumstantial" it is a real worry if that is all the QPS have as well.

I also keep thinking about the following which seems to have been overlooked long ago by all: "Police maintain Mr Baden-Clay, 41, a great-grandson of Scouts founder Lord Baden-Powell, is not a person of interest". http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frg6nf-1226342663519

I haven't heard/seen any changes to this since. So perhaps the "suspect" is not the suspect as far as QPS are concerned? And for the record I have no issue with the suspect engaging lawyers - he was always going to be considered a suspect rightly or wrongly and I would do the same (engage lawyers). The press have certainly toned down their innuendo since the suspect appointed an SC.

So to sum up I really worry that we are all on the wrong track and in the interest of the victim and her children we should keep an open mind at the very least. A good sleuth always looks at alternate possibilities and rules them out methodically. Sometimes the correct answer is not always the obvious one.

To that end I have a new (albeit controversial) alternate theory if anyone is interested... I will just have to check the posting rules first on suggesting other suspects.

Toowong(s)

Hi Toowong, thanks for the post. I agree with alot of it. On the topic of police saying GBC was not a POI, I think thats gone from initally being one, to then offcially not being one. Then ever since Police comments have been 'no comment' to the question. I have maintained an open mind- or tried to. ANd I agree, there is so much we don't know and peoples beliefs are based on the little we do know. However with all the facts things could look different. But I also see with what is known, why people think the way they do regarding. unofficial POI.

Petro, this the best post ever on this forum, because it states the current situation so clearly. I've been reading this forum from day 1, reading all the news, and can come to no better conclusion than what you said.

I have been starting to think over the last few days that this may end up being a long drawn out case, and arrests may indeed be along time coming. Not what anyone wants to hear. But the wording in media from Police in the last few days..about not being rushed to arrest and referring to how long Daniel Morcombe arrest took, makes me wonder. I did think arrests would be imminent, not so sure now.

I don't know why, but i have always thought that Allison was thrown over the bridge, despite fairly logical explanations of how she could have been dumped further downstream and being swept down by the rain. I can't really explain it other than the position of the body. Also someone who lived very close to the Kholo bridge pointed out that you wouldn't throw a body 'over' the railings, you would put them 'through' the railings, which would be easier. Apparently the spaces between the railings/guard rail are very wide so the poster was saying you could fit a body through and it would be easier than trying to heave it over. Alternatively I think the body was placed there by the murderer, with assistance.

Someone else claiming to have inside info also posted that the murder was pre-meditated, but it wasn't supposed to happen for another month, however the opportunity arose and GBC did it then. Although I never originally thought it was pre-meditated, I started to wonder once the police announced they believed there could be more than one person involved. It's possible and then because the planning and internet research hadnt all been done there was more of a panic to fix up mistakes made. I even thought that GBC might have attempted to dispose of the body and then wasn't sure about it and called NBC to help, and they went back to move it. This perahps explains why the vehicles were sighted at around 4am, Unless the body was in the house all night and they only dumped it late because it took them so long to work out what they were going to do.

You and I are on the same page, although it doesn't help the situation that there still doesn't (apparently) exist the physical evidence to make an arrest. My info, courtesy of a police informant, is that it was definitely premeditated, although your theory about things being brought forward might explain some of the hastiness attached to the events of this particular night. My intell is also that GBC's parents were "involved", whether that be at the clean-up stage or the ideas stage, I'm not sure. Apparently GBC told one of the girls the next morning that "Mummy has fallen down a hole". I wonder how long he'd that explanation up his sleeve?

Apologies, I don't post often, but try to read all the comments when I get the chance. I'm puzzled by the strong emphasis on DV in this case which has been brought up in many of the posts. I am not denying that DV may have been an issue in the marriage, and I am not denying that DV is a bad thing; but what confuses me is that it seems DV at times is being put forward for the motive of the murder, or even the cause of death.

DV may have resulted in ABC's death, but speaking technically it was not the cause of her death: cause of death would be a blow to the head; drowning, suffocation etc. An as yet we don't know what COD was.

A trickier question is whether DV by itself is the motivation for murder. I can see some people would believe it so; that there are men who are naturally inclined to inflicting violence on their spouses for the sole purpose of having control at any cost. But even then I would argue that DV is an outcome of a control issue. That is, the spouse who wants more control uses violence to get it. In fact there are many people who use violence to get control over others.

I think I am trying to say that when it comes down to the basics, someone wanted to get control over ABC, and they did. When it comes to motive, the question is why did they want / need that control over her?

I realise that this has been implicit in many of the discussions before, but I have never really seen the question of motive explored in detail so far.
I agree "control" is at the heart of many of these more complex cases. Who may have become frustrated by the control Allison had? or Who felt that they had no control over Allison or the domain that she controlled?

Hi Toowong, thanks for the post. I agree with alot of it. On the topic of police saying GBC was not a POI, I think thats gone from initally being one, to then offcially not being one. Then ever since Police comments have been 'no comment' to the question. I have maintained an open mind- or tried to. ANd I agree, there is so much we don't know and peoples beliefs are based on the little we do know. However with all the facts things could look different. But I also see with what is known, why people think the way they do regarding. unofficial POI.

Thanks UT, I have noticed the reports on who is/isn't a POI have waxed and waned over time. Not exactly convincing either way... Could it be that QPS are more that happy for the media/public focus to remain on GBC so that the "real" suspect feels a sense of security in the hope they eventually let their guard down?

Minni, if you are in a "similar relationship dynamic" please get yourself out! I'm sure someone you know has a spare room. Maybe I've read your post wrong but don't leave too late, please x

Minni, so you see something familiar, scaringly familiar, we have heard it and read it many times and posts ago honey in your "chaotic dynamic" not even a relationship at all perhaps?

Would you let your daughter go through the same thing (if you had/have one?)

Be safe girl *advertiser censored*

You and I are on the same page, although it doesn't help the situation that there still doesn't (apparently) exist the physical evidence to make an arrest. My info, courtesy of a police informant, is that it was definitely premeditated, although your theory about things being brought forward might explain some of the hastiness attached to the events of this particular night. My intell is also that GBC's parents were "involved", whether that be at the clean-up stage or the ideas stage, I'm not sure. Apparently GBC told one of the girls the next morning that "Mummy has fallen down a hole". I wonder how long he'd that explanation up his sleeve?

I really don't understand how anyone could organise the murder of the mother of his children, Nor do I understand how other people could sit there and condone it and get involved in the planning. It is way too bizarre for me. It is in the realm if drug barons and crime rings. These cannot be right in the head, it is crazy. If as suggested before, Allison was murdered because she wouldn't give GBC a divorce, couldn't he have just walked away from the marriage. A divorce is only necessary to remarry, not to leave your spouse.

The post previously about GBC father or sister being involved disturbs me, I can understand rage, accident an argument going too far, but planning the whole thing and then carrying it out is too weird for me

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Thanks UT, I have noticed the reports on who is/isn't a POI have waxed and waned over time. Not exactly convincing either way... Could it be that QPS are more that happy for the media/public focus to remain on GBC so that the "real" suspect feels a sense of security in the hope they eventually let their guard down?

Imo, no! Who else would benefit from her death?

That is an avenue that I've considered when thinking about things from different angles. People have asked why they would do that and why would't GBC come out and declare his innocence. I would think IF they were doing that, then I would think yes it a tactic, and if it means them catching a perp, then its quite possible and perhaps IF GBC is innocent, then he may well be going along with allowing that for the police to get the perp. But this is all just thoughts on if that was to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member