Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recall when the sighting of the vehicles close together at Anstead was supposed to have occurred? For some reason i was thinking it was 4am, because at the time I thought - they are cutting it fine as there would definitely be more than the odd car a few times an hour. After 5am there would be a light but regular number of cars coming through.

05:30 AEDT Wed May 16 2012

A witness has told police they saw two four-wheel-drives near where Allison Baden-Clay's body was found, on the same morning that her husband reported her missing.

The witness allegedly saw a white four-wheel-drive that had its headlights switched off, and only parking lights on, that was closely tailing a small blue four-wheel-drive near Kholo Creek crossing in west Brisbane, at around 4am (AEDT) on April 20, the Courier Mail reports.

The cars were allegedly spotted at Anstead, within 2km of where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found 10 days later.

It is understood that several people have since come forward with information.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8468149/witness-comes-forward-in-baden-clay-case

There is something obviously wrong about this senario "Princess Diana v GBC"??

No, there is nothing wrong ... and is not a "vs." scenario either. It is a comparison of how the media can accost someone and how people react to it.

Yes I read that yesterday on here. They said it was damaged the week beforehand.

Yes I read that too....doesn't mean it's fact. What seems very odd to me is, this forum has been running for almost 7weeks now, there's been posts from umpty eleventy locals & not one has mentioned a word about the condition of GBC's Prado PRIOR to Allison's disappearance. One would think, even more so, after the "infamous car crash", that there would have been at least one local mentioning it especially as it looks to be fairly significant damage.

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, after the photos of the damage are released, someone turns up & says oh yeah that all happened before Allison's disappearance...nup I'll wait till we hear more from Inspector Ainsworth.

I don't think Aunty that we have ever determined whether the dinner was reality or rumour!

Does anyone know if they went to dinner and argued? Or was it rumour? :waiting::waiting:
Spratsmum has made an attempt to step us through the evening and I would like to support her doing this.
Can we all help her do this please.

I think what Indromum did has been taken out of context.
She has already posted yesterday what occurred and I don't think she was trying to invade anyone's privacy. That's not how she rolls, to use Hawkin's words!

I for one do not condone the BC families' privacy being interrupted or violated. They have suffered enough through their loss.

On the subject of boarding up their windows which sounds awful that someone has to go to those lengths to protect their privacy, it would be good to have proof from the person who posted that information. Otherwise it is a rumour!

I have felt that the locals have been wonderful in their posts on this forum. At times, however, I feel that we are being thrown a bone by some possibly posing as locals in order to watch us argue over the information.

This is not sport. A woman died and her family are in grief. It is not my business to judge who committed this crime. It is the job of the Queensland Courts and to that end, I have every faith that the QPS will do their very best to arrest the person/s who are responsible.

End of rant IMO, MOO etc.

I agree. Also, I believe that, as time has progressed, more posters are getting too obsessed with this case! Maybe some should stop and think before making certain allegations that are incorporating some of the rumours as if they were facts.

Does anyone know if they went to dinner and argued? Or was it rumour? :waiting::waiting:
Spratsmum has made an attempt to step us through the evening and I would like to support her doing this.
Can we all help her do this please.

It's another one of many rumours!

Probably not related to the case, but deer have been mentioned as a possible hazard on the roads, so here is some information about feral deer from the Brisbane City Council website:
http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/envi...nt/wildlife/pest-animals/feral-deer/index.htm

At first I thought people were joking when they mentioned deer on the roads. As far as I know, Australia doesn't have any native deer. But Brisbane's deer are feral: previously domestic but now gone rogue.

Deer were introduced to Australia by the Europeans for both hunting and food and there are many different deer species here now and many areas where they are thick on the ground. My hubby see's them all the time on the roads in the area that he works.

Sorry, totally off topic.

In order to clarify for some posters:

Here is a list of all the rumours (i.e. not reported by MSM):

- DV / broken arm / fallen down stairs, etc.
- COD is strangulation / bath water in her lungs
- Body found with missing limbs / chains, etc.
- Fight at a restaurant
- Chains missing from Coles / construction site
- Murder for hire by triads / bikes / loan sharks, etc.
- NBC sitting at bus stop in the middle of the night
- NBC looking frail / could have dementia
- Second or more mistresses
- Blood found in one of the family cars
- Scratches on GBC's chest / bruises on chest, etc.
- NBC / GBC washing cars Friday morning
- Family home with windows boarded up

Feel free to add / correct. THE ABOVE ARE ALL RUMOURS!

EDIT: This list has been revised/expanded as per post #520.

---

Although I find many of BGC's behaviors highly inappropriate in the circumstance I have to say that, for the most part, I think his silence is a very sensible move.

I know that if I were a suspect in a crime, whether guilty or not, I would tend to talk too much to try to justify or defend myself and it would do no real good. In fact it would probably make matters worse.

Some years ago I was involved in a long Family Court matter and I found that the more I tried to explain my position to the people who were examining my life in detail, the more difficult it became to get them to see the truth.

For a long time now, I have concluded that if I were to ever be a suspect in a serious crime, I would try to keep as silent as possible.

Actually...Im not sure if you realize this, but Indromum saw the car...and was confused, as news had reported that it was still in impound. She contacted Alison Sandy and informed her that the car couldnt be impounded, as she saw it and that the vehicle was damaged. Alison sent someone to confirm what INdromum said....After confirmation, they made a news story on how the car was no longer impounded....and this was how they got footage of the damaged car.

The fact that she drove into their driveway is inexcusable".........plenty of other places to do a u turn, so stop putting this one person on a pedestal. Not good

Again, melodramatic posting. She did not go into ones driveway. She did a U-Turn. Takes a very poor driver, if one needs to utilise any length of driveway, to do a U-Turn. One usually would do a U-Turn, without even entering the gate (which means they remain on council land)......Which would mean, she probably never entered the driveway. People are blowing the context of reality way out of proportion here......AGENDA MUCH!!!

Instead of stopping with the pedestal, how about we stop with the "Poor Gerard, everyone is following him" angle. It is apparaent he is not fearful for his children.....He is doing everyday life, quite well. His children are in school,, he is working, visiting family.....he even goes away for weekends and spends days at the local show......He is not a man living in fear in his own home...Sheesh.

He has even accepted assistance from locals, who are helping getting the children to dance lessons etc....This was in a article....Want the link, you need look yourselves.....A man fearful for his or his childrens privacy wouldnt be letting "all and sundry" to deal with his little ones. Seems like life is back to the way it was before Allison died.

Probably not related to the case, but deer have been mentioned as a possible hazard on the roads, so here is some information about feral deer from the Brisbane City Council website:
http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/envi...nt/wildlife/pest-animals/feral-deer/index.htm

At first I thought people were joking when they mentioned deer on the roads. As far as I know, Australia doesn't have any native deer. But Brisbane's deer are feral: previously domestic but now gone rogue.

Actually, the deer problem out in that area stems from a guy in Upper Brookfield with a farm of 'exotic' animals - he's got a few giraffes, deer etc.

Some of the deer for loose a long time ago and they spread from there - but they are still concentrated in that area. I've almost hit several myself. We also have wild pigs (not as common though) and clearly the normal roos/wallabies etc.
As was mentioned earlier though, it seems this may be unrelated as GBC crashed the week before ABC went missing.
Just an aside though, the front damage LOOKS deeper than it is because it popped the clips off between the flares and the bumper in the impact - causing the front bumber bit to flick out like it is.
IMO only!

Sorry, should add I'm not an expert of any kind and this is just going off local sayings and my own experience with cars :)

Although I find many of BGC's behaviors highly inappropriate in the circumstance I have to say that, for the most part, I think his silence is a very sensible move.

I know that if I were a suspect in a crime, whether guilty or not, I would tend to talk too much to try to justify or defend myself and it would do no real good. In fact it would probably make matters worse.

Some years ago I was involved in a long Family Court matter and I found that the more I tried to explain my position to the people who were examining my life in detail, the more difficult it became to get them to see the truth.

For a long time now, I have concluded that if I were to ever be a suspect in a serious crime, I would try to keep as silent as possible.

There is a saying in German: "Schweigen ist Gold" (Silence is Gold).

And herein lies the problem - if you were suspect you would be quiet and unassuming and if you were innocent you would be on the trail of your wifes murderer. JUST MY jaded old OPINION - the truth can be construed as lies that is a risk anyone takes especially going into a court case and family law is rife with untruths that suit the partners requirements. The Dickies have been quiet too - have we ever thought their behaviour strange and out of place? not really! So I think the persona of GBC is very telling.

I too think I need a break today and my excuse is to enjoy ANGEL1's birthday from yesterday (a wise idea she had yesterday to leave the forum for a while) so happy belated bday Angel-:Happybirthday: I am using your bday as an excuse to leave the forum for awhile and get some retail therapy in - hope you don't mind me using your bday as an excuse!!!!

Actually, the deer problem out in that area stems from a guy in Upper Brookfield with a farm of 'exotic' animals - he's got a few giraffes, deer etc.

Some of the deer for loose a long time ago and they spread from there - but they are still concentrated in that area. I've almost hit several myself. We also have wild pigs (not as common though) and clearly the normal roos/wallabies etc.
As was mentioned earlier though, it seems this may be unrelated as GBC crashed the week before ABC went missing.
Just an aside though, the front damage LOOKS deeper than it is because it popped the clips off between the flares and the bumper in the impact - causing the front bumber bit to flick out like it is.
IMO only!

Giraffes!!??!!! Hahaha. I want one :p

Yep I think the car crash can go back in the (giant) maybe pile. I think there's a tendency to assume everything is related to the night in question but really we just don't know.

- Fight at a restaurant
- Scratches on GBC / bruises on chest, etc.

Hi CC.
One correction to your list of rumours (regarding scratches)...

"Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided 'a version of events to police in relation to specific matters' relating to a scratch he had on his face."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135394/Gerard-Baden-Clay-great-grandson-Lord-Baden-Powell-helping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html

- Fight at a restaurant
- Scratches on GBC / bruises on chest, etc.

Thank you CC for this comprehensive list.

Yes I read that too....doesn't mean it's fact. What seems very odd to me is, this forum has been running for almost 7weeks now, there's been posts from umpty eleventy locals & not one has mentioned a word about the condition of GBC's Prado PRIOR to Allison's disappearance. One would think, even more so, after the "infamous car crash", that there would have been at least one local mentioning it especially as it looks to be fairly significant damage.

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, after the photos of the damage are released, someone turns up & says oh yeah that all happened before Allison's disappearance...nup I'll wait till we hear more from Inspector Ainsworth.

Yep, as soon as that comment {about the damage being done a week before her going missing} was made my first thought was "Ok, how come this has never come up before? Surely it would have been mentioned when everyone was talking about the crash near the police station."
Alot were joking at the time about how he can't be a very good driver, so I'm surprised that this hasn't popped up before yesterday when the picture was released. But not one word.

Hi CC.
One correction to your list of rumours (regarding scratches)...

"Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided 'a version of events to police in relation to specific matters' relating to a scratch he had on his face."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135394/Gerard-Baden-Clay-great-grandson-Lord-Baden-Powell-helping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html

Thanks, I've edited the list to say "scratches on chest".

- Fight at a restaurant
- Scratches on GBC's chest / bruises on chest, etc.

Although this is supposed to be a victim friendly forum, some on here have been creating rumours about Allison having an alleged disabling depression for which she allegedly was medicated in the past. It was also alleged that her husband had to come home from work early to tend to the daily care needs of the children, dinner, dishes, etc.
There was no evidence cited to support this. These items are rumour. Allison is not here to defend herself. Who would be most likely to create these rumours? Someone close to the alleged POI? These comments put forward a 'past view' that attempts to paint Allison in a negative light again in my opinion. <modsnip>. IMHO.

And herein lies the problem - if you were suspect you would be quiet and unassuming and if you were innocent you would be on the trail of your wifes murderer. JUST MY jaded old OPINION - the truth can be construed as lies that is a risk anyone takes especially going into a court case and family law is rife with untruths that suit the partners requirements. The Dickies have been quiet too - have we ever thought their behaviour strange and out of place? not really! So I think the persona of GBC is very telling.

The Dickies handled this with grace.

http://www.courier mail.com.au/news...r-granddaughters/story-e6freoof-1226355251556

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member