Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have taken this out of context. Those points were in reference to a "rumour list" I prepared earlier. The poster wasn't stating that as a theory or facts.

My apologies CC. I thought it was a theory of what MIGHT have happened. sorry

I tend to agree with you but if what you state is indeed the case, would I be correct in saying that 80% of discussions here are based on rumor. At the end of the day speculation creates rumor in my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong. Moo :banghead:

The list was prepared with the intention of clarifying these as rumours, because some posters don't have the time to read the whole 18 threads and when they pick-up the discussion somewhere along the line, some of them appear to be taking some of these rumours as facts.

Yes I read that too....doesn't mean it's fact. What seems very odd to me is, this forum has been running for almost 7weeks now, there's been posts from umpty eleventy locals & not one has mentioned a word about the condition of GBC's Prado PRIOR to Allison's disappearance. One would think, even more so, after the "infamous car crash", that there would have been at least one local mentioning it especially as it looks to be fairly significant damage.

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, after the photos of the damage are released, someone turns up & says oh yeah that all happened before Allison's disappearance...nup I'll wait till we hear more from Inspector Ainsworth.

So very true, its hard to decipher fact from hearsay sometimes on here..and even the media seems to be getting some of the 'facts' Incorrect. Makes me question, what do we really know.. Other than what we have seen come directly from the Police mouths.. Not alot.

However on the umpty eleventy(love it :)) locals, Just my opninion, but I think many that have posted here may not have known GBC directly, or well enough to know about the car. It may be that someone who does or whose partner does, happened to mention it in the last day or so..Not saying they are correct or not..but perhaps those people weren't on previously to mention it. And maybe it wasn't mentioned also, because the dent picture or talk of it had not really been mentioned... anyway, just a thought..

The list was prepared with the intention of clarifying these as rumours, because some posters don't have the time to read the whole 18 threads and when they pick-up the discussion somewhere along the line, some of them appear to be taking some of these rumours as facts.

Such a good idea.. I am just catching up on posts.. But it is frustrating when the chinese whispers turn a rumour into a fact down the thread and people start running with it..I am not saying anything about people not reading back to find these are rumours(I read back to first posts when I joined, but now with some 18 previous threads, I know that may be unrealistic for many to do)..its good to be able to have set out clearly somewhere confirmed fact and hearsay and rumour.. (and whether it seems credible hearsay or not.)

If you guys wants to post your rumors post in the media thread, you can. And when you update it, I can remove the prior list. At least that way you'll know where to find it. And if someone finds a link to back it up, we can say that it has been verified.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The story about the elderly man (suggesting it is NBC) at the bus stop at 11pm+ does not make sense to me. What would he be doing there and why would he not be driving his car?
It sounds like a load of BS to me and I have never bought it as plausible.
MOO

I've always thought this too Mani. It just doesn't make any sense. As you say - why would he not drive his car? And if he didn't want to drive, why would GBC not just pick him up in Durness St, which is much more discreet than the roundabout and relatively close?

I was thinking that the only reason he might wait at the bus shelter is if, eg, he had been out drinking/at the pub/out somewhere that night when GBC called him, so he got a taxi to the roundabout so he was at an easy spot to be picked up (and maybe didn't want his wife to know at that point) - but really this is all a bit far-fetched and I find it very difficult to believe.

In order to clarify for some posters:

Here is a list of all the rumours (i.e. not reported by MSM):

- DV / broken arm / fallen down stairs, etc.
- COD is strangulation / bath water in her lungs
- Body found with missing limbs / chains, etc.
- Fight at a restaurant
- Chains missing from Coles / construction site
- Murder for hire by triads / bikes / loan sharks, etc.
- NBC sitting at bus stop in the middle of the night
- NBC looking frail / could have dementia
- Second or more mistresses
- Blood found in one of the family cars
- Scratches on GBC's chest / bruises on chest, etc.
- NBC / GBC washing cars Friday morning
- Family home with windows boarded up

Feel free to add / correct. THE ABOVE ARE ALL RUMOURS!

EDIT: This list has been revised/expanded as per post #520.

---
I was going to say the 2nd or more mistress is confirmed..but no you are right its is not confirmed. Just that a 2nd woman 'close; to GBC had been interviewed in NSW. Maybe the list should be ammended to mention 2nd woman, but that she is not confirmed as a Mistress?

There is a saying in German: "Schweigen ist Gold" (Silence is Gold).

CaseCLosed, your posts are making so much sense to me. We may have different opinions on things..many of us do.. But I agree with much of what you have been saying.. I think we need to stay sensible and not let our emotions run away with us and get into some pretty out there comments.

Gread suggestion! I will in a minute.

Cool! When you create a new rumors post, alert the old one and ask that it be removed.

Also, you can add a link next to the rumor that can confirm that it's a rumor. Like if there was a rumor that a woman named Rhonda was driving the SUV when it was in an accident, we can add a link to a report about GBC driving it. (just an example)

I've always thought this too Mani. It just doesn't make any sense. As you say - why would he not drive his car? And if he didn't want to drive, why would GBC not just pick him up in Durness St, which is much more discreet than the roundabout and relatively close?

I was thinking that the only reason he might wait at the bus shelter is if, eg, he had been out drinking/at the pub/out somewhere that night when GBC called him, so he got a taxi to the roundabout so he was at an easy spot to be picked up (and maybe didn't want his wife to know at that point) - but really this is all a bit far-fetched and I find it very difficult to believe.

A taxi would absolutely be able to be traced/tracked though. I am not running with this thought about NBC at the roundabout..I find it an interesting bit of info to tuck away somewhere, but as with many things, I don't take it as fact. In saying that, would it be possible for him to have parked his car somewhere out of view in the carpark areas - the roundabout is at the shops isnt it?

I have been having a think about this case this morning, to try get some ideas from the verified information we have. Some discussion points:

1. has the house ever been declared the primary crime scene - I am wondering if it was called a crime scene, because that was the last place the police were told Allison was seen, or something along those lines..

2. Is it possible that Allison invited someone else into the house? I know that doesn't fit with GBC's stories.

3. I am wondering why the perpetrator drove the distance to Kholo Creek to dispose of the body, there is lot of bushland around Brookfield where you could have left a body.

4. What advantage was there in Allison being a missing person, rather that a murder victim. If wshe was hidden so you won't have been found that is what she would have been - a missing person.

5. We have talked a lot about the life insurance, do time limitations apply in these types of cases to payouts, as in 7 years before missing people can be declared dead and the policy paid out by the Insurer.

6. I am wondering why Allison sister is not seen as the logical guardian of the girls. She is certainly a closer in age and more energetic to lead three young girls through the teenage years.

7. I recall Allison close friends saying she was a very private person, I am wondering if that is what GBC is like as well. I believe his solicitor has forbidden him from making a public statement, but I am wondering as a private person whether he wouldn't find all this attention overpowering and is just reverting to his normal personality.

Just a few things I have thought, do you have any ideas?

Cool! When you create a new rumors post, alert the old one and ask that it be removed.

Also, you can add a link next to the rumor that can confirm that it's a rumor. Like if there was a rumor that a woman named Rhonda was driving the SUV when it was in an accident, we can add a link to a report about GBC driving it. (just an example)

lol, Kimster, I just skimmed your post and saw the bit about a woman named Rhonda driving the SUV..and went..whoa! I hadn't seen that bit of info!..Of course I reread and realized what you were saying!

dont know why he was there but that came straight from the horses mouth

lol, Kimster, I just skimmed your post and saw the bit about a woman named Rhonda driving the SUV..and went..whoa! I hadn't seen that bit of info!..Of course I reread and realized what you were saying!

:floorlaugh: I should have bolded if.

Perhaps he is there every night, perhaps he couldn't sleep, we don't know what was going on in all of their lives at the time. He may have had a fight with Elaine as well, we just don't know and that is the really annoying bit!!

What, the polices mouth?..........When others come in with info,.It is rumour, someone else comes in, and its from the horses mouth?

SO, some people here are now gospel, while others are just crap spinners?

How the devil on the internet can one tell, who is telling truth of what is, as opposed to what isn't?

Not possible.

I have been having a think about this case this morning, to try get some ideas from the verified information we have. Some discussion points:

1. has the house ever been declared the primary crime scene - I am wondering if it was called a crime scene, because that was the last place the police were told Allison was seen, or something along those lines..

2. Is it possible that Allison invited someone else into the house? I know that doesn't fit with GBC's stories.

3. I am wondering why the perpetrator drove the distance to Kholo Creek to dispose of the body, there is lot of bushland around Brookfield where you could have left a body.

4. What advantage was there in Allison being a missing person, rather that a murder victim. If wshe was hidden so you won't have been found that is what she would have been - a missing person.

5. We have talked a lot about the life insurance, do time limitations apply in these types of cases to payouts, as in 7 years before missing people can be declared dead and the policy paid out by the Insurer.

6. I am wondering why Allison sister is not seen as the logical guardian of the girls. She is certainly a closer in age and more energetic to lead three young girls through the teenage years.

7. I recall Allison close friends saying she was a very private person, I am wondering if that is what GBC is like as well. I believe his solicitor has forbidden him from making a public statement, but I am wondering as a private person whether he wouldn't find all this attention overpowering and is just reverting to his normal personality.

Just a few things I have thought, do you have any ideas?

1) No I do not believe it was ever declared the primary crime scene( at least not to our knowledge)..It was declared A crimescene, due to unspecified observations and grave concerns for Allison and Police obviously wanted the power to search and seize and investigate- a crime scene and crime scene warrant allows them to do that. JMO

2) its possible, not something that has been stated one way or the other..So we would not know that.

3), 4) don't know.

5) yes its 7 yrs I think. (A long time if you are in urgent need of money now)

6) Don't know, who know the family dynamics and she may well not be in the capacity to do so at this time.

7) Agree, I have said similar and been told no if you use the media in your business, then you should be using it now. I think its 2 seperate things. And I don't know how I would take being in a situation he is in, IF he is indeed innocent, there could be many reasons why he choses to not talk to media, and its not our place to judge how someone deals with a situation such as this..

:) my :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members