Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is off topic from the whole car thing, but can anyone remember a post made about a week or so ago from someone saying that Allison had a few injuries at times, including a fractured arm in a cast, and that she'd avoid the gym until injuries were healed?

I have tried to search, but to no avail. Thanks if anyone can help.

I know this is off topic from the whole car thing, but can anyone remember a post made about a week or so ago from someone saying that Allison had a few injuries at times, including a fractured arm in a cast, and that she'd avoid the gym until injuries were healed?

Yes, but it is only a local rumour.

Yes, I just checked that - no spare tyre on the rear of the Captiva. Also, if the Prado damage was from bumping into another vehicle's spare tyre, then the other vehicle would have to have a similar height to the Prado... I think?

The timber bollard idea is really getting me thinking, now. I have driven a Prado before and I found it quite difficult to see anything below the front bonnet (despite having a "booster" cushion... I am quite short!). So, I could imagine myself bumping into a bollard, especially if I was driving the Prado at night and, therefore, had much less visibility (because, for some strange reason, I decided to drive with only my parking lights on...).

I don't know the scout areas around there, but there could be timber bollards there? However, my gut feeling is that the damage was caused by the guardrail at the bridge end. IMO.

Yes, but it is only a local rumour.

Oh yeah I get it was only one of many rumours. I just wanted to go back and read it, and see who had made the comment. Thanks anyway though CaseClosed.

Not sure why my previous post was deleted :/

But Hawkins, in your opinion, do you think it's possible that the marks on the bonnet are fingerprint dust (maybe more visible as it's under fluorescent lighting)?

I thought fingerprint dust was much darker/black?

Yes, at the time I think a few people asked that person if they had anything to back up the claim, but I'm pretty sure they didn't. Can't remember much more... sorry. I assume it was someone who claimed to be a local though.

I don't know the scout areas around there, but there could be timber bollards there? However, my gut feeling is that the damage was caused by the guardrail at the bridge end. IMO.

My only "issue" with the guardrail theory is that, from what I have heard, a metal object like that would take off more paint. However, if it was an impact at a very low speed, then it is definitely possible that the Prado bumped into it, the driver stopped immediately and reversed the car, resulting in not too many scratches or paint scuffs (and, I'm sure, a bit of a, "Oh, FFS!" response from the driver).

Oh yeah I get it was only one of many rumours. I just wanted to go back and read it, and see who had made the comment. Thanks anyway though CaseClosed.

LauraMars - i think that was me - I have a friend who said that ABC was often in the company of her gym buddies with bruises and once had a broken arm. HEARSAY - RUMOUR MOO

I honestly just have NFI anymore... The car damage interests me but there are just too many theories and possibilities.
I do question though why someone living in an affluent area and having company branding on the vehicle would drive it whilst so obviously damaged, it's not a good look! So IMO if the damage happened prior to Allison's dissapearance then it would most likely be fixed ASAP. If it's happened on the night, I agree with the previous poster who said that he's just beyond caring as he knows it's only a matter of time...

We don't really know if this damage occurred when ABC was being taken to the bridge. It could have been before the event. Allison could have done the damage. If Allison drove the car then it is likely GBC wouldn't see the need to fix it. Why pay the insurance excess when its driveable and money is tight? It wouldn't be hurting his image. And you don't see the C21 signage from the front!

I thought fingerprint dust was much darker/black?

I may be wrong, but the marks I am referring to do appear to be quite dark (above the light).

Here's some interesting links:

"my car was fingerprinted by the police because it was parked next to a "crime scene" and now i cant get the stuff off..."

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564454

In the 8th photo down, the markings appear quite similar

http://www.excitementcarmagazine.com/car-feature-jpps-black-swan

The dented car is a great new lead! Well done Indromum, you should have got some credit in the article.

I'm sure this new lead will be discussed at length today. Early posts about it are focusing on how GBC might have crashed it - which is of course a possibility.

I just wanted to point out that until Indromum's sighting most posters here seemed of the view (based on opinions of earlier "local" posters) that the Prado was in fact ABCs car and had until recently had the licence plate ALLISON.

I guess we don't know what is correct re the licence plate (before Indromum sighting) and who drove it on the night - but if it was ABCs car perhaps ABC crashed it?

Eg If ABC left the house voluntarily after GBC went to bed, perhaps ABC had a crash - maybe even into the guard rail on the bridge - and was trying to flag down help or assess damage when struck by a passing drunk driver, who then took steps to cover the accident (horrible thought - but pushed ABC off bridge, found address in car and returned car in the dead of night).

Just trying to think outside the square folks!

Really not sure why intro mum is getting credit for any of this.....the pictures are released courtesy of QPS. What next a citizens arrest???????

I honestly just have NFI anymore... The car damage interests me but there are just too many theories and possibilities.
I do question though why someone living in an affluent area and having company branding on the vehicle would drive it whilst so obviously damaged, it's not a good look! So IMO if the damage happened prior to Allison's dissapearance then it would most likely be fixed ASAP. If it's happened on the night, I agree with the previous poster who said that he's just beyond caring as he knows it's only a matter of time...

IMO, I wonder if it comes down to just not being able to afford the insurance excess? If you have a business that is going downhill fast, there may not be a "spare" $500 to use for excess... MOO.

LauraMars - i think that was me - I have a friend who said that ABC was often in the company of her gym buddies with bruises and once had a broken arm. HEARSAY - RUMOUR MOO

Oh thanks Liadan, much appreciated. I was just curious who it was, as often if I see a post like that with possible inside info, I go and read more from the same poster to see if there's other things of interest that I've possibly missed.

Really not sure why intro mum is getting credit for any of this.....the pictures are released courtesy of QPS. What next a citizens arrest???????

This is from a post Indromum posted on Saturday...am I think it was...

Indromum :

06-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Just back from taking sunflowers to the Kholo Bridge (thanks possumheart for the lovely idea) and did a quick drive by NBC's home - looks like nobody about. I thought I would also take a drive to the Brookfield markets and as I was nearing Allison's house a Prado with SETTLED numberplates (and a big ding on the front passenger side bumper bar) was driving towards me!! I just about had a heart attack. Did a quick u turn and ended up sighting it (with the Century 21 logo and telephone number on rear window) in the traffic on Moggill Road outside the Plaza. So unless the police were driving it...he has his car back and it's business as usual. The CM today states it is still impounded......not so.
PS Possumheart-be careful at the parking area at Kholo Bridge - it's really muddy and it would be quite easy to get bogged.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7997031&postcount=482"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16[/ame]

Can anyone remember a poster a few days ago who said we were wasting our time trying to sleuth this case? Anyone?

In some ways, they are not far from the truth. There is so little evidence available to the public, so much innuendo and rumour, multiple potential (and competing) hypotheses and a bunch of likely un-truhs out there.

Tough Gig, glad the QPS are keeping it close, it must be for a very good reason.

IMO, I wonder if it comes down to just not being able to afford the insurance excess? If you have a business that is going downhill fast, there may not be a "spare" $500 to use for excess... MOO.

And if things really were that tight you're no doubt spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18