Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets try and support the work of the police as well. They have been aggressively investigating this weird and tragic scenario from day 1. That is more attention than any other case has ever received. I think they realised that all the information gathered early on would pay dividends down the track in the investigation. They have also held their cards close to their chest which I believe is incredibly intelligent. They probably knew it was ABC the moment she was removed from the creek but waited a few days to confirm to the public, they constantly release snippets of information but nothing that would explain what happened at the crime face. For example, they ask the public- have you seen the family cars at the roundabout between this time? Yet the police have not stated why this time is significant or why the cars of the family would be driven at this time. There were screams - but there is again speculation as to whether these were 4km or 2.5 km away. The police let us think ABC walked at 10pm but then state she could possibly have been disposed of at 8pm. We don't know why the poilce have reacted to the situation but a family with a violent altercation history such as GBC almost inevitable lands up with dealings with the police and this in itself means that they would have profiles of both of them on file. All this misinformation is useful to the police - people around the crime who tell the truth are able to consistently tell their story over and over. Those who lie are not able to keep up with the stories and lies they have told previously. Bbeing deliberately vague and giving broad brush explanations the police are going to give themselves the best result in honing in on someone who is lying and find the perpertrator.
QPS have been doing a great job so far, I hope that their efforts are rewarded....

looks like maverick finally cracked :)

no one has stated when gerard baden-clay stated he thinks allison went for a walk, only that she failed to return from a walk. At 7.30 am the amount of time she had been gone, or delayed, was apparently enough to make him call police. (also backed up by previous posts media links).

I don't know how the husband would know what allison was wearing on her walk but most likely because it was a regular walking outfit or the clothes that seemed to be missing from her wardrobe.

1. If 10pm thur was the last time that he saw her then how did he know that she had even went on a walk let alone "failed to return from one"?

2. People can be dressed by other people.........

What do we know until now as fact/reports from police (please correct if anything not correct):

- Husband reports wife missing at 7:30 am on Friday 20/4
- Husband says he saw her for the last time on Thursday at 10:00 pm watching Footy Show
- Wife was wearing sports/walking gear
- Friday Husband informs in-laws that wife did not return from a walk and is missing
- Wife/best friend texted on Thursday evening - all appeared normal - wife had a busy schedule the next day (Friday), incl. taking kids to a sleep over somewhere
- Wife put kids to bed on Thursday evening
- Husband says he goes to bed at 10 pm on Thursday and did not see wife again
- Neighbours confirm hearing argument on Thursday evening around 10 pm - no screams
- Friday couple's home is cordoned off and searched - potential crime scene
- Husband and kids move in with his parents
- Police confiscates both vehicles
- Police confiscates husband's mobile / wife's mobile is missing
- Police searches husband's parents home and remove items incl. computer
- Police search husband's place of business
- Police triangulate location of wife's phone to an area 150 m from couple's home
- Husband retains prominent Gold Coast criminal lawyer to deal with the media and police
- Police interview several witnesses, including a close female friend of husband
- Police return both vehicles
- 11 days after wife goes missing canoeist reports seeing a body under the bridge
- Police confirms they have found a body that matches the description of missing wife's clothes
- Police search the area - find SIM card (later confirmed as unrelated to this crime)
- Husband retains a barrister on the advise of his lawyer
- Police confirm identity of body and indicate this is an unlawful homicide investigation
- There are no visible signs of foul play on the body
- Police cannot comment on whether the husband is a suspect/person of interest
- Police search outside couple's house and neighbours property again for missing wife's mobile phone
- Police search scout camp area
- Police re-interview several people, incl. husbands close female friend
- Police appeal to the public for any sightings of any of the 2 cars on Thursday between 8 pm and 7 am the next morning
- More police interviews
- Police appeal to the public for sightings of wife's car at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday and 4:00 am Friday - a few people contact police
- Media interview with wife's parents and wife's best friend indicates they feel some guilt for not acting on some things? expressed by the wife in the past
- Police is still appealing for more witnesses regarding anything witnessed at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday - 4:00 am Friday
- Wife's mobile phone still missing
- Husband collects some photographs from his computer at the police station in preparation for the funeral

Is it a fact that Allison left hairdresser at 7pm on Thurs. If so, I wonder if she was wearing the clothes/shoes that she was found in. If she wasn't wearing them on leaving the hairdresser, then it has to be assumed that she must have changed into them when she returned home. (to be in accord with GBC's report to Police).

So Allison went to the Hairdresser? I thought they were interviewing a lady that worked at the real estate agent because she was supposedly the last person who saw Allison?...................but now, she went to the hairdresser....which means the hairdresser must have been the last person. I cant wait until the police tell us more.

Couldbe ... Would you please post a link from the authorities or press where it is stated that the wife left the hairdressers at 7 pm? I don't recall reading that in the press or hearing the police say anything about that. Thanks.

So Allison went to the Hairdresser? I thought they were interviewing a lady that worked at the real estate agent because she was supposedly the last person who saw Allison?...................but now, she went to the hairdresser....which means the hairdresser must have been the last person. I cant wait until the police tell us more.

i noticed the missing persons website lists her as blonde, but many of the photos that have been released are various shades of brunette/red

Is it a fact that Allison left hairdresser at 7pm on Thurs. If so, I wonder if she was wearing the clothes/shoes that she was found in. If she wasn't wearing them on leaving the hairdresser, then it has to be assumed that she must have changed into them when she returned home. (to be in accord with GBC's report to Police).

good point! the person who did her hair should remember what she was wearing. although she could have changed into them when she got home because they were comfortable, like a tracksuit. but the running shoee?

on the subject of tides... the aerial shot from this article http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074 shows the height of tidal marks on the bridge pilons. a flood wouldn't leave that kind of permanent stain. if she was dumped off the bridge it was at high tide. this footage was at low tide. in my opinion her body was resting close to the high tide mark

Yes, I see what you're saying. :) I'm not sure (given the small image we're dealing with on the footage) but you can see that where the police are standing the ground has a smooth texture whereas it looks (to me at least) that where the body is positioned is on ground with rougher texture. I live on the coast and there are intertidal rivers here and usually the texture of where the tidal waters go up and down you find banks with a smooth muddy texture. Where the body is is a different texture and consistent with the terrain behind it which looks like it's recently had brief flooding...although I'm not familiar with what that terrain looked like normally. :)

Sorry TrueSlueth, no disrespect but I made a 000 call in a domestic incident some years ago and then hung up and they rang back within 5 minutes and insisted to my husband that they speak to me and I was ok.

No problem at all, I am glad you raised that. Because what I was saying is, if she ran out of the house with her mobile, dialled 000 and started to yell something like "he is going to kill me..." before the phone is snatched off her and thrown into the bush. No one will be answering that phone again.

just a thought... if money was tight, could an argument have started because ABC had her hair done at the hairdressers. She had the conference the next day so perhaps that had something to do with the timing of the appointment. Could he have lost the plot on her because she spent some money on herself. Anyone know how often she went to the salon?

Something that also has to be considerd is...she was having her hair done Thursday night, the kids were going for a sleep over on Friday night, and she was going to drop some things over to her friends house on the way from work.

Was Allison going on a date Friday night?

IMO I think that he has given two versions to the police about what she was doing when he last saw her. There is a current story released today on the Courier Mail website by Alison Sandy, who is the Police and courts editor for the Courier Mail. This was written after her interview with the Dickies.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

I know it's must seem like I'm stuck on this point so I'll leave this point be now :)

no no!! thanks for that AllyG, I have been grinding my teeth for ages on this exact point. You never know which version you are going to read in which newspaper therefore one can only suspect that he has perpaps told the police one version and slipped up by telling somebody else another.

Do you really think that you would say to your wife's parents "oh she failed to return from a walk when you don't even freaken know she was on a walk to begin with because you hadnt actually seen her since 10pm the night before"

Oh but that s right she was wearing her walking gear at 10pm that night!! Please.....

Ever wondered why anyone would be in their running shoes milling about the house at 10pm at night? milling about the house being the operative word. I have been with my wife for 9 years and don't recall her wearing running shoes at 10pm at night EVER. socks, no socks, slippers, flip flops etc. running shoes at 10pm. Never

good point! the person who did her hair should remember what she was wearing. although she could have changed into them when she got home because they were comfortable, like a tracksuit. but the running shoee?

I sometimes change into casual/tracksuit clothes (incl. sneakers) when I get home from work. I personally don't think she went for a walk at 10 pm in a semi-rural area. Maybe the clothes was put on her "after the fact", to substantiate the theory that she went for a walk?

Ever wondered why anyone would be in their running shoes milling about the house at 10pm at night? milling about the house being the operative word. I have been with my wife for 9 years and don't recall her wearing running shoes at 10pm at night EVER. socks, no socks, slippers, flip flops etc. running shoes at 10pm. Never

I do wear running shoes at home, just because I hate being bare feet on a cool night on tiles. I am never bare feet inside my home, I just don't like it. She could have gone for a walk earlier (instead of the following morning) and the husband did not mention it because it didn't suit him?

Something that also has to be considerd is...she was having her hair done Thursday night, the kids were going for a sleep over on Friday night, and she was going to drop some things over to her friends house on the way from work.

Was Allison going on a date Friday night?

It has already been reported that Allison was going to a Conference on the Friday. I am not sure where that came up. I think this came from the best friend who said she had received texts from Allison on the Thursday night about arrangements for the next day. I thought Allison was going to be dropping clothes over for the kids in the morning on her way to the work conference, but not sure about that it might have been after.

no no!! thanks for that AllyG, I have been grinding my teeth for ages on this exact point. You never know which version you are going to read in which newspaper therefore one can only suspect that he has perpaps told the police one version and slipped up by telling somebody else another.

Do you really think that you would say to your wife's parents "oh she failed to return from a walk when you don't even freaken know she was on a walk to begin with because you hadnt actually seen her since 10pm the night before"

Oh but that s right she was wearing her walking gear at 10pm that night!! Please.....

People do wear running shoes at 10pm. Some people wear them all day, right up until they go to bed....Not meant offensively, but not everyone is your wife. I wear runners at night, in fact I am wearing them now....My comfy cross trainers......With her seeming to be into fitness, I can imagine she would have worn them often too.

Part of me wonders if QPS are dragging this out to crack the suspect. It's driving us all bananas, imagine what a non-sociopath suspect is feeling? Especially if there was some level of manslaughter.
I have noticed in the most recent video of GBC at Indro, he looks like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Lost a lot of weight and even looks like he's gone grey. If he's being coached to look like a victim, I will eat my words.
I hope Maverick comes back and explains where his/her insights have come from.

I would still like to see confirmation link by "Couldbe" of a hair appointment. I don't recall any press or police saying that the wife was at the hairdressers until 7 pm.

It is quite telling that ABC's dad states that GBC has only told them that "she left and never returned" That is all he said.....This has struck a cord with me because i would of thought being the parents of his wife and Grandparents of his children he would say a lot more to them??

Why wasn't there any sign of GBC's parents or Siblings at the Command Point??

IMO there seems to be a bit of tension between the families ....I maybe grasping at straws but I think the Dickies know GBC has done this and that GBC is worried that ABC has told them things that maybe incriminating toward him.

In regards to the Trust Fund they want to set up for the 3 girls...is this because they know that their Dad won't be around to help them pay for it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachelle(Ru-shell)