Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm..I have been watching this forum with interest since stumbling upon it earlier in the week when looking for updates on this case. I have stopped short of posting for a number of reasons..I guess when its a case such as this you never know who is reading etc. I found it interesting some of the theories and thoughts, there have also been some truly outthere theories and speculation. I've also think some of the name calling etc about certain members of family involved in the case to be a little over the top(No offence), granted the behaviour of some (think pash) has been a bit odd, but at the end of the day none of us truly no what has happened(well at least it appears none of us do) and we are not privy to all the information the police do- things would be alot clearer if we did. Much of what has been said is speculation. And you don't know that these people are not grieving in their own way and dealing with what is a pretty horrific situation.

Ok, that said, I was prompted to post here, but have been unsure whether to or not. I don't really want to fuel the rumour and speculations. This is after all someones life that has been taken and whilst we are all interested and want to see justice done, I don't want to just add to gossip. However after speaking to relatives today whom I think may have been well informed(yes more hearsay I know..) There appears there is ALOT more to this case than has been put out by the media(I guess we all know that we don't know all the facts). And its NOT something I have seen any of the theories here touch on at all. Just something for thought. But I hope whatever the case that an arrest is made soon. I know QPS are doing a great job. Thumbs up.

very cryptic! i keep wondering what it was that spurred the police into immediate action for what was really initially a simple missing person report, where she was only supposedly missing for 1/2 an hour from her morning walk/run. so many detectives and police resources so quickly, almost as though allison was a person of great significance to police, like they would do for one of their own (police) i know something appeared suspicious to police who were first on the scene, but still?

And there have been a lot of theories......your post is cryptic......getting me thinking what else could have possibly happened. :waitasec:
Sorry for being cryptic.. I just am wary of what should or shouldn't be said and I cannot myself give facts. As I said it was something told to me, who was informed by someone that would have some knowledge in the case. But yes it does make you think and there is obviously so much that we don't have knowledge of.

Wish we knew what you're alluding to! Are you aware as to whether or not there may be an arrest made soon?

Wish we knew what you're alluding to! Are you aware as to whether or not there may be an arrest made soon?

No I'm not although given the reports we have all seen and the further info. I would suspect its not too far off. AT least I do hope so.

Sorry for being cryptic.. I just am wary of what should or shouldn't be said and I cannot myself give facts. As I said it was something told to me, who was informed by someone that would have some knowledge in the case. But yes it does make you think and there is obviously so much that we don't have knowledge of.

And understandable - but that is what problem solving is all about..thinking outside the box. I only hope we get an arrest soon.......for Alison's family's sake.

Hmmm..I have been watching this forum with interest since stumbling upon it earlier in the week when looking for updates on this case. I have stopped short of posting for a number of reasons..I guess when its a case such as this you never know who is reading etc. I found it interesting some of the theories and thoughts, there have also been some truly outthere theories and speculation. I've also think some of the name calling etc about certain members of family involved in the case to be a little over the top(No offence), granted the behaviour of some (think pash) has been a bit odd, but at the end of the day none of us truly no what has happened(well at least it appears none of us do) and we are not privy to all the information the police do- things would be alot clearer if we did. Much of what has been said is speculation. And you don't know that these people are not grieving in their own way and dealing with what is a pretty horrific situation.

Ok, that said, I was prompted to post here, but have been unsure whether to or not. I don't really want to fuel the rumour and speculations. This is after all someones life that has been taken and whilst we are all interested and want to see justice done, I don't want to just add to gossip. However after speaking to relatives today whom I think may have been well informed(yes more hearsay I know..) There appears there is ALOT more to this case than has been put out by the media(I guess we all know that we don't know all the facts). And its NOT something I have seen any of the theories here touch on at all. Just something for thought. But I hope whatever the case that an arrest is made soon. I know QPS are doing a great job. Thumbs up.

When you mention that you were speaking to relatives today, are you referring to ABC's family or GBC's?

IMO the police are doing a great job! This is now very high profile case for them and am sure they don't want to mess it up by rushing anything. The husband has obvious connections with the Liberal Party (Facebook friends with the Premier) and I don't think the police want this to be thrown out of Court on a technicality or similar at a later stage or on appeal. It is very strange that the husband has already retained a Barrister. I understand the advice of a criminal lawyer, but a Barrister??? This is big!

When you mention that you were speaking to relatives today, are you referring to ABC's family or GBC's?
Sorry I should have explained that further. No I do not know any of the family involved. It was a relative of mine who mentioned something.

In regars to someone saying the police noticed something at the house that had them mobilse so quick. I agree I have thought that all along too. COmputers were seized as has been reported and Police still have them..

IMO the police are doing a great job! This is now very high profile case for them and am sure they don't want to mess it up by rushing anything. The husband has obvious connections with the Liberal Party (Facebook friends with the Premier) and I don't think the police want this to be thrown out of Court on a technicality or similar at a later stage or on appeal. It is very strange that the husband has already retained a Barrister. I understand the advice of a criminal laser, but a Barrister??? This is big!

A criminal laser .... now I'm getting Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker imagery going .... lol. I think it's all time we went to bed ... I know I'm turning into a pumpkin!

Night all. Thank you for the intelligent conversation and keen insights. I dearly, dearly hope that this comes to a conclusive resolution very quickly.

But quickly before I go - can someone please explain to me what IMO stands for?

IMO the police are doing a great job! This is now very high profile case for them and am sure they don't want to mess it up by rushing anything. The husband has obvious connections with the Liberal Party (Facebook friends with the Premier) and I don't think the police want this to be thrown out of Court on a technicality or similar at a later stage or on appeal. It is very strange that the husband has already retained a Barrister. I understand the advice of a criminal lawyer, but a Barrister??? This is big!

yes i agree, it is big. the barrister, the immediate police action, the police are being very careful. it seems from the very start to be being treated as more important and urgent than a normal missing persons report. maybe because of the political connections.

yes i agree, it is big. the barrister, the immediate police action, the police are being very careful. it seems from the very start to be being treated as more important and urgent than a normal missing persons report. maybe because of the political connections.

I tend to believe that the family was "known" to police, i.e. there was a record of something in the past that made them react so quickly.

not friends of liberal party....their fb page that GBC is into is not their personal one...just their business persona one....

Believe me, if you are high profile, you have 2 fb sites...one for the looney tunes/general public to 'pretend' they know you and one for your real friends....

Good night all. I appologise if I was a bit cryptic with my posts as I said I certainly don't know all the details and am like everyone else here just working with the bits of information we have. Just some information that made me rethink alot of things and that as I said all is not as it appears in the media. Many of us come up with our own little theories based on what we know.. But the more we know and hear, our thoughts can change on theories of why, what and who.

It can get quite tricky. I was looking up unlawful homicide earlier......and to me and what I read, wasn't so much that it was murder. Moreso leaning toward manslaughter. I wonder [speculation..not fact] if they do think it was an altercation gone wrong..........and then that was where all the dishonesty started. Dumping of Allison at Kholo/Tyanolum etc.

I also looked up unlawful homicide - it does include murder.

its interesting the police have returned the cars, they have finished with the house, but still holding the computer. wonder whats on it, there must be something of importance for them to be keeping it. everything ever downloaded or accessed will be available to police, very scary if you have something to hide. i imagine a brain would be doing overtime trying to remember every past download and sites accessed, even from years ago, depending on how long they have had the computer. maybe it was allisons laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt