Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have had financial problems and he borrowed $300,000 late last year. He also moved the business to new premises in Taringa that I understand are bigger and cost a lot more.

There are only two properties in QLD owned by someone with the surname Baden-Clay.

Adam & Nicole in Regency Downs and Nigel & Elaine in Kenmore.

Adam is his brother - http://westside-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/following-in-footsteps-of-forefather/

I checked her maiden name and there are no properties in her name.

Wow, I guess that just shows how bad their finances really are!

Yes Maverick, you are right. According to the report the screams were around 4 km away from the residence. It was also said somewhere (can't remember where) that it was somewhere off Rafting Ground Road towards the Kailua and Tangy Street side, which is the other side of Rafting Ground Road, and not the side near the show ground.

This is why I have been saying all along that sometimes the police "manual" should be used as a guideline adn the police should have had multiple search parties covering waterways and other areas, there is just no reason they could not have teamed 1-2 police officers with small groups (4-5) ses workers and gone to all the local camping grounds ad followed the local streams, weirs and waterways as that to me was the quickest and most obvious method of disposing a body. The police didnt find her soon enough, GBC lawyered up ASAP because he probably thought they would find her sooner, and couldnt believe his luck each day he woke up and nothing was discovered, I bet he was starting to calm down when the rain got heavy as well as he would have known how that would affect an investigation

Fact, she was missing for 11 days

Fact, Tyamolum Scout camp and waterways nearby weren't searched, even though the person who should have been their biggest suspect (as he is closest to her) is involved in scouts.

Why the heck, wasn't this logical area searched? and I agree BrisbaneGirl....Surely getting people to search that area shouldnt have been a hard thing to do. But because they took so long, her body has probably diminished too much.

I am emotional about this aspect because I cannot understand logically why it wasn't searched and I doubt any one can convince me of otherwise.

So the creepies son is a broke tool who drives around with weird number plates (just like father creepy) lies for a living, lies to his wife and grows bad beards and hires barristers while driving other peoples cars into bus stop poles and mother creepy enjoys garage gropes while smiling whiel the sister is scooting up and down the driveway playing with the window going up and down while her hubby priest/pasta/bolognaise is making mad religious rants on facebook about wrath of god zapping the crap out of anyone who dare maketh public spray on the former scout hall finders family..

That about sums it up.

thats a complete toolbox if you ask me

Well...I have no idea at allll what to say in reply to that!!!!! Doesn't happen often...but I'm speechless!!

So the creepies son is a broke tool who drives around with weird number plates (just like father creepy) lies for a living, lies to his wife and grows bad beards and hires barristers while driving other peoples cars into bus stop poles and mother creepy enjoys garage gropes while smiling whiel the sister is scooting up and down the driveway playing with the window going up and down while her hubby priest/pasta/bolognaise is making mad religious rants on facebook about wrath of god zapping the crap out of anyone who dare maketh public spray on the former scout hall finders family..

That about sums it up.

thats a complete toolbox if you ask me

and as close to fact from what we have seen and know too.....SPOT ON!!!....LMAO

Yes Maverick, you are right. According to the report the screams were around 4 km away from the residence. It was also said somewhere (can't remember where) that it was somewhere off Rafting Ground Road towards the Kailua and Tangy Street side, which is the other side of Rafting Ground Road, and not the side near the show ground.
Sorry, my fingers ran away with me there! I meant yes, Marlywings! The police have never confirmed this....I used to live in the area...and I do tend to agree that it was most probably from some teenage party.....

If anyone needs to refocus on facts before coming up with hypothetical, check our Maverick.au's posts. He/she has a knack for sticking to the clearly-reported issues without the inaccuracies of the media or the emotion from getting angry about the case. I think the perpetrator would love to see more outlandish schemes talked about here - will make them think maybe they have just got away with it. They haven't, no way ... and to that person ... rot in hell you **** there's a change a-comin'

Why do I find this strange and unusual

Sorry, my fingers ran away with me there! I meant yes, Marlywings! The police have never confirmed this....I used to live in the area...and I do tend to agree that it was most probably from some teenage party.....

They have had financial problems and he borrowed $300,000 late last year. He also moved the business to new premises in Taringa that I understand are bigger and cost a lot more.

There are only two properties in QLD owned by someone with the surname Baden-Clay.

Adam & Nicole in Regency Downs and Nigel & Elaine in Kenmore.

Adam is his brother - http://westside-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/following-in-footsteps-of-forefather/

I checked her maiden name and there are no properties in her name.

Moving to a larger upscale premises at that particular time (about a year ago tops) is what you call 'commerical suicide' in this current property market. The market bottomed out in QLD and pretty much the rest of Aust in early-mid 2008 and has never recovered and has nearly (not yet) hit rock bottom. Some companies with millions of dollars in the bank will take measures to upscale or upgrade or diversify or branch out (whatever you want to call it) on the downturn so that they are set up for when the economy or industry they are involved in turns around again (as things ultimately do). But when you are just a small time player its pretty muched called lunacy!

Incidently, during 2004-2007 (G*C commenced 2004) you could have dragged a drunk out of the pub on a saturday afternoon, put a suit on him and sent him off to an open house and he ccould have sold it and under contract by Monday lunchtime! It was like taking candy from a baby! Especially in QLD. its called a once 2 decade boom!
Sorry to you real estate people but its true!

While looking directly at the floral tributes, turn 180 degrees, and you should be looking at the house on the corner of Boscome and Brookfield Road, and the Rural Fire Brigade and gates to the Showground on the right. If you're not, you're attending the wrong address. The point being made was there would be no need to DRIVE to the Showgrounds for anything, because that was the question asked. Within the space of a few metres, what I stated was accurate, so unless you feel the additional distance you're calculating would cause a person to get in their car and drive to the showgrounds, maybe we can stay focussed on the issue at hand.

Less condescention and patronizing sarcasm would go a long way too, imo

Can we move on from the following (at risk of boring the hell out of the rest of us who just want some facts):

- Screams did not come from the Baden-Clay house therefore whatever was heard 3-4km's away was likely unrelated. Are we good on that one?

- The showgrounds are in walking proximity from the Baden-Clay house. Agreed?

- The QPS did not search the area ABC was found as a first priority. Like Maverick said, there are procedures. You can argue with them as much as you like, but had they NOT followed coronial search protocol, that could go against the prosecution in court.

-ABC body is in a bad way. And until they determine COD, blaming the police because they didn't find her earlier isn't going to affect the outcome of her autopsy finding.

Now! Was there any outcome from media gathering at Indro cop shop? Can anyone post a link re: a new witness having seen a car at that roundabout?

Thanks

Over time there seems to be a lot of things which we've not heard police either confirm or discount. One report that came to mind before was about those items found last weekend, "personal belongings" I think they termed it. GBC was hauled in the next day to see if they could be identified as belonging to Allison...never heard anymore on that either.

I was soooo hoping an arrest would be made today.....I'm thinking (as are many others) that because of the 'family name' police are trying to build a rock solid case first. Gawd, I hope that's all it is! I can't stand knowing that the killer is walking around scott free!
Has anyone considered that the Karana Downs Scout hall and another small creek are only a few hundred metres further on in Tanderra Way from where Allison was found? Not sure why I'm mentioning it really - only that it occurred to me just now...

Good point Marly. Would be interesting to find out what those belongings were and if they were related to the case.

Keybordem, you are absolutely correct. There is no way a man who considers himself a real estate icon would rent a house unless he absolutely had to. Appearances mean everything to him, and probably meant a lot to her too. So he sold his Lexus? The replacement car in my opinion still gives the outward appearance they have money. They have 2 of them! Big newish petrol guzzlers! If you rent in Brisbane, people look down on you. I am constantly asked this question when people visit my home. To tell you the truth I am shocked at the rate I am asked it. Second Question: What does your husband do and Third question I'm usually asked is "where do your children attend school".

Can we move on from the following (at risk of boring the hell out of the rest of us who just want some facts):

- Screams did not come from the Baden-Clay house therefore whatever was heard 3-4km's away was likely unrelated. Are we good on that one?

I really don't mean to be picky in anyway at all but I think I'd just like to hear from police about that one as to whether or not it was possibly Allison. As I said before, she may not have been anywhere near the house when those screams were heard. ...we've not heard anymore on it.

- The showgrounds are in walking proximity from the Baden-Clay house. Agreed?

- The QPS did not search the area ABC was found as a first priority. Like Maverick said, there are procedures. You can argue with them as much as you like, but had they NOT followed coronial search protocol, that could go against the prosecution in court.

-ABC body is in a bad way. And until they determine COD, blaming the police because they didn't find her earlier isn't going to affect the outcome of her autopsy finding.

Now! Was there any outcome from media gathering at Indro cop shop? Can anyone post a link re: a new witness having seen a car at that roundabout?

Thanks

Ooops. For a moment there, I thought you were one of the MavericKs

You sound so much like them

All of you have the same style, same way of speaking down to others

same way of assuming you are the sole authority here

Are you triplets ?

Quadruplets ?

Just heard that Energex are having an annual chopper inspection of overhead powerlines. Perhaps they are starting out Brookfield way. Someone was saying there were choppers out that way today.

Unless the media have not been updated, there is no COD yet reported. An arrest is unlikely until this is determined. Pathology test results, etc take time.

And what does THAT have to do with THIS particular case?

It's not a for/against police here, in case that's slipped your mind

It's about finding a reason police DID respond unusally swiftly
and speculation as to whether or not ABC phoned or partially phoned
emergency services and was possibly intercepted and her phone tossed out of a window or door
--- all of which is part of websleuthing

(

From personal experience re:why the police reacted so quickly and in numbers.

A very close friend, her partner has a history of DV. One night the police were called, he hadn't hurt her but he had been extremely intimidating and had broken some things, terrifed her.

The police were only too happy to take him away right there and then but she reassured them it was ok. They take DV extremely seriously now.
The incident was nevertheless put on record under his name even though there was no charge, as he did admit to them what he had done.

A few weeks later they had a fight, she stormed out in a huff, late to go to a meeting. Her partner was worried for her, thought she might hurt herself so he called the police.

The police tried calling her mobile (she was in a meeting) a number of times, leaving messages to check if she was alright. When she did call them back to say she was fine, nothing would satsify them that she was ok, they wanted to see her personally. So they basically tracked her down on her way home (driving down B'field rd), pulled her over and checked she was ok.

She was amazed at how determined they were to find her and speak to her.

It turns out that it was not so much that they thought she was going to hurt herself (as her partner had claimed, she's also very stable person) but bc of them knowing about his episode of DV that they wouldn't stop until they actually found her, i.e they didn't believe him, they suspected he had hurt her.

Again, he had no record as such but they knew of his history.

The police response was commendable and it goes to show:
1. how quickly they reacted
2. how relentless they were in finding her

All because of ONE phonecall made by a male, with a known history of losing his rag, calling about his missing partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski