Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it may be best to get off the suicide possibility......as currently, it is a unlawful homocide investigation....so I presume at this stage, they do not believe that happened.

Yes exactly!! Although I have a feeling that "other family" would like to perpetuate that notion.

If I was ever contemplating such an act to myself......I would not be discussing it with my father.......................and after I had done it, I would expect my father to say precisely what Mr Dickie (bless him) has said.

Of course he could never believe that she would do that..............Loving mums dont leave their kids......unless life is too dark to handle. It's happened to the most loving moms (and dads...often) too.

Though it may be best to get off the suicide possibility......as currently, it is a unlawful homocide investigation....so I presume at this stage, they do not believe that happened.

I agree with your last statement - bear in mind the police do know more than us.

Aside from the fact that it's unlikely she would do that to her kids, she had planned her next day, texted her best friend that night about the plans, and would have been having contact with her friend the next day. Too much action going on to look forward to, really unlikely she would have committed suicide at that time, no matter how upset she was. Allisons marriage may have been in trouble, but she had 3 beautiful girls, loving parents, was still enjoying some fulfilling work and training/networking, and had some great close friends. She had a lot in her life to keep her going.

Where the boy scratches on GBC from a fight with someone over money, or had the thugs been sent in for pay back. Was that why the car was parked in the showground so they would think Alison was not at home.

If I was ever contemplating such an act to myself......I would not be discussing it with my father.......................and after I had done it, I would expect my father to say precisely what Mr Dickie (bless him) has said.

Of course he could never believe that she would do that..............Loving mums dont leave their kids......unless life is too dark to handle. It's happened to the most loving moms (and dads...often) too.

I agree totally with what you are saying here. If you have ever spent time with someone who is majorly depressed and suicidal, it is not something that they discuss with their close friends and family prior to deciding to take their own life. They internalise everything. A friend of mine killed himself on Christmas Day after spending the day with his family and boyfriend, everything seemingly fine. He even sent me a "Merry Christmas" text message an hour before it happened.

These things are terribly tragic, personal and so so sad. As a friend, i felt so completely floored at the fact my friend didnt reach out or I didnt read into his behaviour or moods enough. I wondered if I could have, should have done more. I felt guilty, responsible and probably said things similar to what the Dickies and Allisons bf said. Again, this is just food for thought that there are other possibilities at play...

Only time will tell us what really happened after 10pm on that Thursday night.

No wonder they want the phone. I am sure they would like to see how many times he tried making contact during that 30 minutes.

Why do they need the phone for that? They can tell how many times he tried to call even if the phone didn't go to voicemail by looking at the call records for his landline or his mobile. Just because you don't get charged for unanswered calls doesn't mean they are not recorded for a period of time.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/05/04/brookfield-investigation-continues/
The police are really labouring on this issue. They are clearly convinced there is something worth pursuing and that someone is sure to have been witness to it. If QPS have trafficflow camera records, the chances are they are looking for someone in particular to come forward to assist (though perhaps unable to read the rego plates in the photo). The Police report is clear in that they have not yet received the feedback/input they seek. In the interest of Allison's family it is important that the public encourage anyone they know to have crossed that intersection during that time period to call even if they saw nothing. This assists the QPS in their process of elimination if nothing else. There remains potential for members of the public to be unaware/relatively unconnected that QPS are seeking witnesses. With this in mind, the suggestion recently posted on the QPS facebook page, that a sign be erected near the roundabout requesting the information - would seem to be pertinent.

I just got off the phone to a friend of mine that's a retired detective/ commander . He said that he can't see that anyone involved in the investigation would tell people (even if they're friends) anything. He said by law they aren't allowed to discuss it and can lead to them losing their jobs if they do. He wasn't even allowed to answer my questions and he is retired so i can imagine what the rules are in the police force they must be quite tough. Also in the latest message on the police facebook page it's saying there are no further updates in relation to the investigation at this stage. They must be finding it very hard to find enough evidence or something. Also didn't someone say in a comment on the courier mail site that they would get their 2nd answer today?

Scratches marks on torso fight with mistress? Wife sees marks arranges to meet with mistress hence why he thought she was alive and immediate search deployed?

Happy, successful: portrait of Allison

THE discovery of Allison Baden-Clay's body in Kholo Creek this week confirmed the worst fears of her friends and family.

Police now know the 43-year-old former beauty queen and business woman was murdered before her body was dumped in a creek north-east of Ipswich.

The circumstances of her death have shocked all who knew the mother of three in her home suburb of Brookfield and in Ipswich, where she was raised.

Detectives say they are close to an arrest.

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/04/happy-and-successful-a-portrait-of-allison/

.....that keeps baffling me (actually a lot of this case is) is the speed in which 150 police and SES were mobilised in this case.

Its seems that something occured that morning prompted the western suburbs to mobilise most of their entire police force to find a "missing" woman. It has been mentioned here previously but I believe this holds the key.

I am reckoning there will be a big twist in all of this when the truth outs.

:waitasec:

This has been discussed many a time, the responding police had concerns for her safety on what they saw and heard when investigating and this is why the search was launched so soon.

Perhaps they responded so quickly with such a big police presence due to evidence suggesting Allison would self harm? Maybe when GBC went to bed that night it was after a fight where Allison had indicated certain things and said things like "you'll regret this" or "I don't want to be here any more", "whats the point in living this life". (My father who has Bipolar has said things like this in the past, but thankfully never acted on them.) It is possible that GBC went to bed, leaving Allison awake and upset and then when he realised she wasn't there in the morning he called the police straight away, fearing the worst....

This has been discussed many a time, the responding police had concerns for her safety on what they saw and heard when investigating and this is why the search was launched so soon.

Yes indeed "what they saw and heard" holds the key here

Scratches marks on torso fight with mistress? Wife sees marks arranges to meet with mistress hence why he thought she was alive and immediate search deployed?

They believed she would be found alive so I'm guessing gbc told them something similar?

Allisons marriage may have been in trouble, but she had 3 beautiful girls, loving parents, was still enjoying some fulfilling work and training/networking, and had some great close friends. She had a lot in her life to keep her going.

Though, she remained after an affair...............and also during an abusive relationship, with her three children.

The one thing she didn't have.........may have been what she wanted most of all. The love and devotion of Gerard.

Sadly, mums (even loving ones with so much to live for) take their own lives, at times.

They believed she would be found alive so I'm guessing gbc told them something similar?

Pure speculation here but is there anyway they might have mobilised the force so promptly to ensure they retrieved a body quick enough to gain some forensic evidence? Ergo, they knew she had passed already.

Again, this may have been mentioned before, my apologies if it has :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214