Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was one of the oddest things....& they didn't lower it until after a next door neighbour had lowered theirs.

You saying that reminds me of the Royal Family when Princess Di passed :eek:hoh:

Hi Everyone, first time poster here.

As my username says I live on the Bayside of Brisbane, love our city and it really hits when something like this happens.

:welcome:

:wagon:

So glad to meet you! But sorry it is under these circumstances. :tears:

3. Some people have made a big deal out of the the description of the BC's and TM on the C21 website. The purpose of the website is to make the agents attractive to buyers. The copy could well have been written by someone with marketing experience for the sole purpose of attracting business, and therefore is not a true reflection of how each of the sales staff view themselves.

Welcome Solaris :)

Yes the copy's been written by a 3rd person (or maybe GBC himself - the style is similar to his blog writings in parts).

I still think it's telling - there's a ton you can read between the lines.

The BC parents have a ton of irrelevant personal fluffery on their bios, and of course TM's has the somewhat disturbing "three years later caught the attention of Century 21 Westside principal Gerard Baden-Clay, who at the time presided over the sale of Toni’s block of land at Pullenvale." Shudder.

The receptionist gets a full paragraph, even if it's mostly to say how wonderful the BCs are.

BC senior's bio, strategically, uses a lot of random background info on how wonderful he is (Marriage enhancement facilitator? eeeewww), to lend weight to his backing of the son's business. The same strategy could have easily been used with Allison (eg "after a high flying career as personnel manager for flight centre, in charge of 3000 staff worldwide, ABC now lends her professional expertise and experience to...."), but it wasn't.

There's so much about family dynamics and interpersonal relationships you can read here.

And then there's the fact that this page was pulled around the time A's body was found (does anyone have a date for that? I've only seen the archive, but I do remember people linking to the original page back in thread 1 or 2 then seeing it was missing).

What were they trying to hide by pulling it? At first i thought it was out of respect for Allison, now I think it was to hide the creepy acknowledgement of how a certain person caught someone's attention.

please GIVE UP on the canoeist.....i live near where the body was found and i can tell u right now that from the moment ABC went missing lots of ppl that hadn't been canoeing/horseriding/biking/hiking in the local bush for a while all went out for a poke, just on the off chance that they might find ABC. its hit our community really hard, its like we all lost a daughter/sister/mate that day and 99% of ppl i know looked wherever they could, whenever they could. i pity the poor bloke that found her :(

I agree westie, I feel so sorry for that poor guy, although as I've said on here before...glad he did find her, for Allison's family & friends...& also police/forensics too.

Does anyone know why in some reports it says murder and other reports it says suspected murder? Does that mean they don't really know for sure until it's all investigated???

i posted a comment on this in my very first post, but it seems to have been lost in the rabble that followed...

has anyone else noticed the puddle of coolant under the Captiva?

it seems to me, it being a newish car that you would assume is serviced regularly as its a business vehicle, so why is it leaking coolant??? has the radiator been whacked on something in the dark maybe? like a tree stump? or a rock???

Completely off topic for a sec, the guy who killed his wife on north side of Brisbane yesterday..."bludgeoned her about the head with a car towball before stabbing her with a knife."

All that talk about towballs on here yesterday...what a coincidence!!

Yes - I had a bit of a wtf moment over that.

Welcome Solaris :)

Yes the copy's been written by a 3rd person (or maybe GBC himself - the style is similar to his blog writings in parts).

I still think it's telling - there's a ton you can read between the lines.

The BC parents have a ton of irrelevant personal fluffery on their bios, and of course TM's has the somewhat disturbing "three years later caught the attention of Century 21 Westside principal Gerard Baden-Clay, who at the time presided over the sale of Toni’s block of land at Pullenvale." Shudder.

The receptionist gets a full paragraph, even if it's mostly to say how wonderful the BCs are.

BC senior's bio, strategically, uses a lot of random background info on how wonderful he is (Marriage enhancement facilitator? eeeewww), to lend weight to his backing of the son's business. The same strategy could have easily been used with Allison (eg "after a high flying career as personnel manager for flight centre, in charge of 3000 staff worldwide, ABC now lends her professional expertise and experience to...."), but it wasn't.

There's so much about family dynamics and interpersonal relationships you can read here.

And then there's the fact that this page was pulled around the time A's body was found (does anyone have a date for that? I've only seen the archive, but I do remember people linking to the original page back in thread 1 or 2 then seeing it was missing).

What were they trying to hide by pulling it? At first i thought it was out of respect for Allison, now I think it was to hide the creepy acknowledgement of how a certain person caught someone's attention.

I reckon the police probably pulled it down

long time lurker, first time poster and concerned local resident.

2 things

first.... QP can exercise a warrant on the spot to any premises/vehicle etc if they suspect that there is some criminal activity going on, or that incriminating evidence is being secreted inside. they can just arrive on your doorstep, become sus that something is going on and are automatically given powers of entry/seizure, they don't need to wait for approval or issuance of a paper warrant from a judge or senior officer. Therefore there MUST have been something sus that they saw/heard upon their arrival at the house.

second.. something that has been bothering me for a while. the photo that was released by QPS showing the family cars quite clearly shows a small green puddle of coolant underneath the engine bay of the Captiva. one would assume that it being a business vehicle, and it looks quite newish, that this vehicle would be regularly serviced either under fleet management, or new car warranty. there certainly shouldn't be coolant leaking from the radiator due to loose hoses etc. Is it possible that the radiator has been struck? It would be easily damaged by a large stump or rock hidden in the dark.

:bump: for westie. Welcome to Websleuths!! :wagon:

please GIVE UP on the canoeist.....i live near where the body was found and i can tell u right now that from the moment ABC went missing lots of ppl that hadn't been canoeing/horseriding/biking/hiking in the local bush for a while all went out for a poke, just on the off chance that they might find ABC. its hit our community really hard, its like we all lost a daughter/sister/mate that day and 99% of ppl i know looked wherever they could, whenever they could. i pity the poor bloke that found her :(

Yes I do too. I hope your comment wasn't in reference to my response to what someone else had said questioning the canoeist? As I was not questioning it. As said, its not something that has crossed my mind to question. It is what it is. If for ANY reason it wasn't its of not much consequence is it? If the Police covered it for a reason or whatever. It is a big part of the case to have recovered her body. Better that then them still searching. Although I know its not the news anyone, particularly Allisons family wanted.

Yes, screaming for justice when Allison was found,...instead of telling media to "leave us alone, let us be normal"...

Bernie Whelan is a Prime example of how I think a husband acts when his wife goes missing...He never Stopped looking and co operated with the Media and grbbed it by the horns as a method to find her........I think most innocent husband would do this......I never ever suspected Bernie from day one and yet Gerard Baden-Clay looked guilty from the first minute we heard...IMHO

First time poster, long time lurker! :)

I've been reading here since the first thread and like most of you I'm fascinated by this. Probably as Ive recently relocated from bris and I'm a young mum myself. It's all too close to home. So to speak. I do hope whomever has committed this crime is brought to justice swiftly.

The thing that always strikes me as odd (and this has been mentioned previously) is why she supposedly went walking at 10pm at night. And why her husband thought that was acceptable. Not to mention how he could possible even manage to sleep when he knew she was missing and then only reported it the next day. Situation reversed I don't think I'd be able to sleep until my partner was found - even if that was days or weeks.

For me that speaks volumes. It says to me they either had a fight or were separated.

I have my own suspicions on what has happened but I suspect answers to the above plays some part in it - no matter who has murdered her.

I hope she didn't suffer. And I hope those who love her are holding up ok.

mmm sorry guys but cant get away from that canoist...........
The police have obviously looked in to it. There has been nothing more mentioned about the canoeist so we really have no reason to think too deeply about it. I'm sure that seeing Allison like that would have been quite distressing. I think that by trying to implicate the person who found her is way off the mark.

i posted a comment on this in my very first post, but it seems to have been lost in the rabble that followed...

it seems to me, it being a newish car that you would assume is serviced regularly as its a business vehicle, so why is it leaking coolant??? has the radiator been whacked on something in the dark maybe? like a tree stump? or a rock???

Do you mean the several little dark drops on the concrete near the front of the car?

Yeah I took note of this. Also the weird "blood" like stain closer to the camera...

anyway, I guess this could have been what was going on at the roundabout....someone filling a radiator? car overheating?

Many Many theories.

I too agree we should drop everything about the canoeists....IMO.

I was questioning the time of hiring of the barrister, in relation to the time the body was found....Moreso GBC and barrister, not so much the canoeist..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties