Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although he did lead us up the garden path a bit....isn't he the one who said the kids told the police something weird on the first day, now it turns out they weren't even there?

No, Maverick said the father said something strange to the kids about where their mother was. That hasn't been reported elsewhere, but it's possible it happened. The kids went to school directly opposite the family home, so it is conceivable they would have visited the home before school - whether it was already planned or as a result of the activity at the house, once the friends who had them saw / heard the activity on the way past.

Not sure about the iPhone storing that info but the phone company does. LD would have been placed in homes and phones ASAP and probably a warrant to collect info before and since Allisons disappearance on anyones phone who is a POI.

Collecting and cataloguing evidence is a long slow process that has to have all it's i dotted and t's crossed. A slip up can mean getting off on a technicality.

It is so frustrating to see them walk on a technicality..............Sometimes I think Law and Order is upside down.

Weekend away to mountain retreat is an annual trip for the whole family, so the booking would have been there and girls would be looking forward to seeing their cousins too awwww nice idea.

The grown ups can sit around later and have a "how will we get him off pow wow" lol

I'm not sure if you're talking about the report re GBC taking the girls away for the weekend. I read they went to Tallebudgera..on Gold Coast. Allison's parents live on Gold Coast too.

Stages of grief: guilt, anger, denial, acceptance.

I think I am up to denial.

Many of us have found reasons to dislike GBC as we pour over this. What if someone took an intense dislike to him over business dealings and wanted to really hurt him SO badly, to completely destroy him, that they set him up?

Could happen....but wouldn't they just kill him?

I don't mean to be critical of 'sleuthing' (which is actually taking on a negative meaning for me because it sometimes seems on here more akin to 'fantasy' than 'discussion of facts'.)

I think the agitation about the canoeist is unfounded. I used to live at Karana Downs, and there are a number of people interested in kayaking and canoeing. It's a relatively popular non-mainstream sport on the Brisbane River. After heavy rains it adds some new experience and excitement to the journeys around the river and it's offshoots.

It is very understandable a canoeist would have been in that area. No mystery to be 'sleuthed' in my honest opinion. Add to that the cops aren't likely to announce a complete untruth in case they get taken apart in Court for misleading people etc.

Move on, nothing to see here :)

GBC was for some time president of the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce and president of the P&F Association of his daughters' school. He was also actively involved in a number of other organisations.

It's interesting to note that, considering the intense scutiny and strong public opinion this tragic case is generating, it appears nobody who has worked alongside him from any of these organisations has thought to step forward and vouch for his character.

Just re-read this article too and police did call on public near the bridge that night to let them know if they saw the captiva or prado. Not "any suspicious vehicle". Apologies if this has been posted before...http://m.qt.com.au/story/2012/04/30/body-found-mt-crosby-weir/#.T6o2N9cRFgM.mailto

I think that could be the first article ive seen that actually says what cars theyre looking for! Usually they "allude" to the BC cars, or as you say "suspicious" vehicles. I think this clearly shows what way this investigation is going ;)

It is so frustrating to see them walk on a technicality..............Sometimes I think Law and Order is upside down.

True, it is frustrating. It's also why the investigation seems to go on for sooo long. What ever evidence they may have may not be enough to arrest a POI right now, they wait for tox, for LDs, for everything. once the arrest is made the police will do just as much work getting a brief ready for the DPP. They need to be able to show a secure chain of evidence. That they have collected all information and evidence within the law. Statements are being and will be taken, the police officers working the job also need to make statements and a complete catalogue of all evidence must be created and maintained. Evidence doesn't just sit in one place, it's taken to labs, stored securely, tested, returned. And just think, every single detective would have other cases they're also either woking or delaying. The boys in blue earn their pay, that's for sure!

Brookie and other locals what is the talk as to why Woman got a lawyer..??

Is this woman still going to work everyday...Imagine how hard that would be having to face people whom you know are speculating about everything??

Interested to know what she says when and if it is brought up?

I know we are not meant to speak of her but now that a woman has retained a lawyer this forms part of the topic...Doesn't it?

Earlier in posts today it was stated or announced that the two ex colleaugues who loaned the $300000, then resigned the next day, told why.."it should have worked, it would have been great if it worked, but it didn;t work".

Very risky financial investment and almost not KOSHER if you KWIM. This lady needs a lawyer and got one IMO. BTW they were both named in this article.....hang on see if can find it

Thanks oreily85! Seems to me a barrister is a lawyer to so wonder why they are called different. (Btw, I love reading all of y'all posts, seem like fun people in Australia :)

Basically, they're the Top Dog of a legal team. A Lawyer, a Solicitor and a Barrister are all Legal Representatives and they're all referred to as Lawyers in a generalised term. The Barrister represents you in court and they wear the wig and gown. You don't always need a Barrister, a Lawyer can represent you in court and if they've been practising law for a long time they can be just as good, if not, better. They don't wear a wig & gown though.

A Barrister will present the evidence and argue on your behalf in court but they don't gather evidence or investigate on your behalf. A Solicitor does that and passes it onto the Barrister.

Hope that made some sense LOL :)

Yes it is very common in Qld...lots of people live close to the many waterways here.

I'd have to check but I think it was the weekend before Allison was found, a lot of areas in Sth Est Qld had quite a deluge of rain...many creeks had a lot of water going through them.

I don't think it's anything unusual at all for a canoeist to be paddling that creek..or Brisbane River which is quite close to that creek.

You are correct, we are still counting the cost of an overflowing swimming pool. :banghead:

Earlier in posts today it was stated or announced that the two ex colleaugues who loaned the $300000, then resigned the next day, told why.."it should have worked, it would have been great if it worked, but it didn;t work".

Very risky financial investment and almost not KOSHER if you KWIM. This lady needs a lawyer and got one IMO. BTW they were both named in this article.....hang on see if can find it

OMG that article has been removed from the Courier site due to LEGAL REASONS.

Here is just a confirmation of there words stated as to why they left:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...usiness-suffered/story-e6freoof-1226344121450

The lawyer and solicitor are earning their big bucks if they are silencing the media.

Maybe she's hired a lawyer to protect her name and rep being linked to the crime. Her lawyer contacts the paper and they remove the names?

Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, returned to the family's home in the western suburb of Brookfield early this morning before taking his three young daughters to school, the Courier Mail reports.http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8463996/murdered-brisbane-mums-children-return-to-school

I'm sure you guys know about this, but it's really disturbing to me! Why make the girls go to school before the memorial on Friday? And with all the media on this case! It almost seems cruel! Is it just me?

Not at all! The girl's lives have been turned upside down over the past couple of weeks, and they will be in desperate need of some "normality"!

At home, they will be reminded that Mum's not there and of the horrible events over the past 2 weeks of not knowing where she is and then finding out that she is never coming home.

The girls will benefit from being in some sort of routine atm -going to school, being distracted by learning new things, and playing and interacting with their friends at break times. I'm sure that the teachers are so very conscious of everything that they have been through, and are caring for them at every moment, throughout every day. It might be the only time when they are actually feel ok (without all the the constant reminding and heartache) and they are actually enjoying themselves.

I'm a Primary School Teacher and also a mum of 2 Primary-aged children. One of mine is a 'Hannah' too - so that, and also the fact the I grew up in the area, has me absolutely addicted to this case.

But I'm positive that this is the best thing for the girls, they deserve it and Allison would have wanted them to be happy and having some enjoyment and "normality" in their days - surely the nights without their mum is horrible enough.

I think that could be the first article ive seen that actually says what cars theyre looking for! Usually they "allude" to the BC cars, or as you say "suspicious" vehicles. I think this clearly shows what way this investigation is going ;)

Yep and if you take it as fact based on this that the police suspect one of the vehicles would have been at the bridge then it narrows down options to:
1. GBC was driving
2. Allison was driving
3. Someone known to either one of them was driving.

I suppose it could be someone who was driving the car could have been there for another reason either than disposal (looking for Allison, Alluson driving trying to get away from someone). However given police don't ask for details of any other vehicles people might have seen doesn't sound like IMO that the police think a second vehicle was involved. Round trip?

I don't know what you have to do too get names removed as i haven't had to do it before. I do know that when my brothers fiancee was killed november last year her mum sued some media. I believe they have done something because when i search mandy's name in google nothing comes up anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn