Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember that quote not being on the Thursday for some reason.....I will go back and check as I am probably wrong!! they did attend sports day together...I remember that much, I just didnt think it was that day...maybe check the school to find out if there was a sports day on that day...any locals know?

Just found this - the school's cross country was held on 19 April.

http://www.brookfieldss.eq.edu.au/uploads/Banter March 14 2012.pdf

Hawkins, yours is the first post that's made me stray from what I thought was common sense.... it's very "eyes wide shut" but could explain a whole lot of weirdness. I don't think I'm fully onboard - but thanks for the idea. Damn you :)

In Qld to be convicted of murder the Crown must show that the accused intended to inflict GBH or death to some person at the time of the killing. In the past many people have only been charged with manslaughter on the grounds that a single punch would not be likely to seriously injure or kill. Sometimes a person is shoved and they fall and suffer sub cranial injuries, without the accused having intended serious injury. Unless you have very precise evidence about how death occurred and about who did what to whom and when, it is very difficult to establish the requisite intention. Proving beyond reasonable doubt what a person's intention was at a given time requires very specific evidence. The defense of accident can also be available, as can diminished responsibility. Police need to be mindful of all these factors when investigating and interviewing.

These are helpful examples and I have no problem with the sort of examples like the single punch or the shove and fall onto cement etc. (although still unacceptable behaviour).

What i do have a problem with is people saying they think it was 'accidental' because it was not premeditated, as if there is nothing other than those two things. Also, i wasnt speaking legally, I am speaking morally to the issue of public attitudes towards domestic violence and domestic violence that escalates into killing. I wanted to highlight the numerous scenarios where there is the intention to kill, even if it arises quickly, and that there is a choice to not proceed and a consciousness that you are killing, and an effort to kill while wathcing the person die. Could be the heat of the moment, might get away with this in court, but I'm doing my bit to try to keep it real.

People need to take responsibility for their anger and the desire to eliminate who they perceive to be the source of their pain or their problems. The more we start losing sight of what is really going on it is a slippery slope to attitudes, public standards and ultimately laws or at least some judgements or verdicts becoming more lax, and IMO we are already on that slope way too far down.

There seems to be lots of new info that at this stage is only speculation/unconfirmed. Correct me if wrong, but the following has not been released by the police nor media:

-the picture of the car with trailer posted many pages back was not taken on the night of Allison's disappearance. Unless a recreation by police, it is a totally irrelevant vehicle to this case.

-the mention of a lawyer been present at the time the police first showed up to ABC's home is rumour - nothing confirmed, and I've only read it in one post on this thread (nothing indicated in any of the news articles or QPS press releases)

-the mention of strangulation has also only been mentioned on this thread on one post - nothing has been released through QPS or media at this point.

I just think we need to be wary of all info at the moment, as there seems to be so much out there, it's getting a bit confusing as to what is actually confirmed.

I believe many on here have inside info that most of us are not privy to, so it's great to have that input. I think we just need to be patient and wait for these sort of details to be confirmed before assuming they are true. Don't want to offend anyone, just putting it out there.

Just woke and have PAGES UPON PAGES TO CATCH UP....BUT

I cannot help but ponder on all the rumours and 'inside goss' going on here....When I questions some one who is part of the investigation...they were quick to give me some info...which I thought was odd....

therefore, I have made an assumption:

That the cops know who did it..(i was told by someone re this)
That the cops have informed the media on just about everything
That the cops have enforced an embargo on when the media can release news...as in what they can release and dates/times etc.
That the media are going crazy....slipping snippets out accidentally. (they are all having trouble staying silent)

And my prediction is GBC will end up acquitted on 1st degree...due to not enough evidence, but it wont stop there....

Whats your thoughts guys....Im not living in the area anymore...so be interested in someone who still is...(if anyone is still awake in Oz):please:

I was wondering about this today. If my hubby didn't come to bed, I would know. I never sleep right through the night (not sure if anyone does) but I'd be checking on him by about 1am. This makes me wonder if they were sleeping in the same room. I know that when people are in the process of separating they sleep separately under the same roof.

If he slept all night and did not know what time ABC left the house how did he know what ABC was wearing? He would not have seen her leave or seen the colour of her clothes.
So something else happened to make him remember.

I cannot help but ponder on all the rumours and 'inside goss' going on here....When I questions some one who is part of the investigation...they were quick to give me some info...which I thought was odd....

That the cops have enforced an embargo on when the media can release news...as in what they can release and dates/times etc.
That the media are going crazy....slipping snippets out accidentally. (they are all having trouble staying silent)

And my prediction is GBC will end up acquitted on 1st degree...due to not enough evidence, but it wont stop there....

Whats your thoughts guys....Im not living in the area anymore...so be interested in someone who still is...(if anyone is still awake in Oz):please:

If the above is correct, why are they not releasing the info or charging anyone? Do they need more evidence? What about the accomplice? Do they still think there is one or was that just a strategy? What do they think happened?

That the cops know who did it..(i was told by someone re this) - Agree
That the cops have informed the media on just about everything - Doubt it
That the cops have enforced an embargo on when the media can release news...as in what they can release and dates/times etc. - Agree
That the media are going crazy....slipping snippets out accidentally. (they are all having trouble staying silent) - Agree, have witnessed this

And my prediction is GBC will end up acquitted on 1st degree...due to not enough evidence, but it wont stop there.... Why do you think so?

I strongly believe the police would not release all info to the media. Very risky.

If the above is correct, why are they not releasing the info or charging anyone? Do they need more evidence? What about the accomplice? Do they still think there is one or was that just a strategy? What do they think happened?

IMO, gbc and an accomplice or accessory. The police need to make sure that they have a water tight case. Final pieces still need work.

Agree with assumption 1

Yes - back in Thread 1 Maverickeyboredom.au told us the police knew who the killer was:floorlaugh:

oh man....don't want to think your prediction is right (the person that must not be named, that could quite possibly have done this will get off - it's those bloody lawyers again! Hero police vs villain lawyers! Joke!!!!!!!!!!! maybe in poor taste; yeah I know - they have a job to do - and someone has to do it)

yes, sports day was Thursday. don't know when it was over, or if they were there, but there would be lots of photos, i think..

Elspeth, it has already been established that the kids were having a sleepover with friends on that night. If you haven't been following the discussion here in detail from the beginning, there are a couple of things which were misreported or taken out of context at first, which have since been cleared up. One was the childrens sleepover location, the other was initial reports about the 10pm walk at night thing, but this was clarified fairly soon to reflect that GBC reported he last saw Allison at 10pm when he went to bed and she was watching the footy show. I am not sure which link, or links, to find all these details, it may be on the timeline, but as i recall GBC reported Allison missing to police at 7.30am after she didnt return from her mornig walk. This has been taken to mean that he is saying that he wouldnt have questioned her absence in the morning at first, because if she goes on a regular walk it could be reasonable to expect that on some mornings he may wake after she has left. So bascially he has reported her missing at 7.30am because she should have been back by say, 6.30am or 7am.

Others may be able to clarify if I've got this right, but I consider this is where we are now. some people have questioned why GBC would call police if Allison had been late back from her walk for only half an hour, or 1 hour maximum.

As for the news reports that he was frantically texting people as to her whereabouts, I'm not sure of the time he was supposed to have done the texting. I thought I read this very early on and it was when there was the confusion about her going for a walk in the evening. I think the report implied the texting was done in the evening because it prompted some discussion about why he would have then gone to bed if she hadnt come back. Personally i think this was misreported by journos extrapolating on the misinformation that GBC had said Allison went for a walk at 10pm.

The last few articles that have appeared in the press report that GBC last saw ABC at 10pm when she left the house for a walk? Not sure why the story has changed again.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-had-accomplice/story-e6freoof-1226351399375

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s-to-get-justice/story-e6frg6nf-1226352961752

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226351442743

All these stories claim GBC last saw ABC when she left the house at 10pm? Why the turn around from the Footy Show story?

I disagree with this. I don't think it is extremely common in sexual play at all, although it may be more likely in threesomes.

To clarify we'd need an expert in the field, citing professionally recognised studies on the relative prevalence of strangulation in sexual play.

(I wonder a certain 'marriage enhancement counsellor' would know?)

Correct me if I am wrong but when they found Michael Hutchence hanging off the back of a door this was his COD ?

... assumption:

I think you're looking pretty accurate there ... imo

Feel there won't be a lack of any evidence about Allison's killer but as it's not been mentioned who that might be yet, hard to be specific

The last few articles that have appeared in the press report that GBC last saw ABC at 10pm when she left the house for a walk? Not sure why the story has changed again.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-had-accomplice/story-e6freoof-1226351399375

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s-to-get-justice/story-e6frg6nf-1226352961752

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226351442743

All these stories claim GBC last saw ABC when she left the house at 10pm? Why the turn around from the Footy Show story?

Sloppy reporting?

really don't think posting entire school newsletters is appropriate... sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417