Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers are often given instructions by clients that they have in fact been involved in a death, but that it was accidental, they panicked and then hid the body. In such a scenario the lawyer is ethically barred from revealing to police or relatives that the missing person is in fact dead. Sometimes the lawyer will even be told by the client where the body is. Keeping that knowledge confidential can take a real toll. If the client does not want to make any admissions then the lawyer must act according to those instructions.

This surprises me, but I sense from your previous posts you,know your legal stuff! I simply cannot believe a lawyer could act in the knowledge that a client has provided them contrary advice to what they may be prepared to testify.

Bernard lived in Anstead not Kenmore :rocker:

True, Curtis Place is in Anstead, but pretty much makes anyone there a Kenmore local. To be fair, I think he had a better chance of fitting in here than Michael Hutchence.

Question - does anyone have a link about when the friend said the kids were having a sleep over that night? I believe that is the only time it has been mentioned? I've not seen it mentioned by police (I could be wrong).

The reason I ask is because when I read it, I read it as being the kids were having a sleep over on the Friday night. The friend said something along the lines of 'she was so busy she had the conference on the next day and the kids were having a sleep over that night'. It is not very well worded in my opinion.

It makes more sense the kids would have a sleepover on the Friday if it was a day long conference and GBC was working that arvo as well. It would explain the kids being there that morning and I think it goes someway to explaining why he knew she was missing. He woke up expecting her to be gone, but her car was still there. He may have expected she went for a walk, but she didn't return.

She may have had regular walking clothes so he knew what she was wearing. It would also explain why police took it so seriously straight away.

I change my mind quite regularly about what I think happened .... But seriously some of stuff written here is just insane. Not everything GBC does has to be a sign of guilt or innocence. Whatever he does will be picked at by people who say "I would never do that so he must be guilty". He may be guilty, but just because he didn't go out searching doesn't mean he is guilty. I wouldn't go out searching, I don't care what anyone says. I would be home with my kids. So what he didn't do a crying scene on tv, lots do and that doesn't automatically mean they are innocent... Hello Sef Gonzales, John sharpe and Kristi Abrahams.

My actual intial thought was that he thought she had either run of with someone or she had commited suicide somewhere and that's why he was so meh about it. And almost seemed embarrassed about all the media attention. Obviously that has changed though.

Nobody in Qld has ever been charged with murder pursuant to s302(1)(c)(d) or (e). They are redundant provisions. Only paras (a) and (b) are used. In this case if a murder charge arises it will be either an intentional act killing under 302(1)(a) or a dangerous act killing under 302(1)(b).

Dude, I wish you would just write an entire page on here regarding what you think happened. Your posts are intriguing.

Now I could be accused of being you on a different account (except I don't sound smart enough).

^^ you forget, as he was into swinging, he would have been dinky'ing / doubling a crusty old tart in lingerie, carrying a 4 litre cask. That girls bike would have been Malvern star, not that imported rubbish from the chain stores, to carry all that goodness. Down up pedals, down up down, gotta get thru to the other side of town, before the suuuuun goesssss down, hey ay ay.

:what:

Did I miss something here? Lol

Apologies Hawkins - missed that you'd also covered s302(1)(b).

Maybe you'd like to provide your expertise about the tests of causation where a third person may be involved, if you haven't already done it, thanks.:seeya:

not a yank, sorry. Im a brookfieldian. Back to the case now peeps...

Sorry if I offended you but I had NEVER used mom or knew that thats how the yanks spelt mum by spelling it mom before I moved here....

all the greeting cards, the txts from friends etc...they all say mom....

and none of them here knew what I was actually saying when I spell mum?

anyway...I could go on for 100 pages on stuff like this but its not the time...

tyre is tire, cheques are checks...

When I was at UQ law school....I was told that a lawyer will remove himself from a case where the accused then decides to an admission of guilt but asks the lawyer to defend him....

I was studying post grad law at the time...Criminal law A...very prominent barrister was the lecturer

Apologies Hawkins - missed that you'd also covered s302(1)(b).

Maybe you'd like to provide your expertise about the tests of causation where a third person may be involved, if you haven't already done it, thanks.:seeya:

I should have been a lawyer ...

Happy Mothers Day to all the lovely Mothers, grandmothers and carers.

Mothers day is usually a happy day filled with family and love for the lucky ones. I know we will all be thinking about Alisons little girls and her Mother who will be in so much pain.

Please also spare a thought for other victims of crimes who don't have their mothers with them today because they were unfairly taken from them.

I hope everyone has a lovely day with the ones they love.

I doubt it very much that anyone here has inside info. I believe BrookieLocal was truthful saying what the hairdresser friend told him/her, but other than that...not a chance!

Happy Mothers Day to all the lovely Mothers, grandmothers and carers.

Mothers day is usually a happy day filled with family and love for the lucky ones. I know we will all be thinking about Alisons little girls and her Mother who will be in so much pain.

Please also spare a thought for other victims of crimes who don't have their mothers with them today because they were unfairly taken from them.

I hope everyone has a lovely day with the ones they love.

Thank You!! I'm lucky my Mum is still alive although very far away, but I have a daughter with me. If you are a mother, Happy Day to you too!

Lawyers are often given instructions by clients that they have in fact been involved in a death, but that it was accidental, they panicked and then hid the body. In such a scenario the lawyer is ethically barred from revealing to police or relatives that the missing person is in fact dead. Sometimes the lawyer will even be told by the client where the body is. Keeping that knowledge confidential can take a real toll. If the client does not want to make any admissions then the lawyer must act according to those instructions.

WTH.Are you saying that the 'rights' of the guilty take precedence over the the victim's. That it is ok for a lawyer to conceal the whereabouts of a deceased person and thereby prevent the police from doing their job? How can you be "ethically barred" from disclosing this information to police,without being an accessory?

Yeah, cheers! Just seen your first post. Trying to find a map of Kholo Creek

Looking at google maps, you can see here that the Kholo Creek is actually not a large body of water in itself but the tributary into the Brisbane River of two small but long creeks.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1454&bih=704&q=karana+downs+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b914cc2a92a9bc3:0x502a35af3de8d30,Karana+Downs+QLD&gl=au&ei=zmKuT_X0PI-QiQeVqezhCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

The large number of bull sharks in the Brisbane River, yes, even that far up, makes me wonder if the perpetrator/s were hoping Allison's body would never be found due to these predators.

Anyone who lives in the area knows that those creeks can be dry at times; dropping her over the bridge which is quite close to the river would potentially rid them of any evidence if sharks were in vicinity.

Yes, there was a large amount of water in the area the weekend after she died (assuming death the evening she disappeared in the absence of cause/date of death) but in all likelihood someone bothering to lug a body through bush would make an effort to ensure the victim was adequately buried to save detection.

The murder/s did not have the time to spend .. they wanted a quick disposal. Unfortunately I think they miscalculated water depth and tide.

I don't know what to believe. This all gets quite confusing at times because of conflicting reports.

It does seem very confusing doesn't it.

I re-read a few pages of the very first thread...I'm sure Keyboredom won't mind me quoting a line out of what I think was his first post...

local gossip in Brisbane's 'leafy western suburbs' is one of its biggest problems. People take an inch and create a mile.

In my opinion this whole forum has now become just an online extension of that "local gossip"....some examples...

A good source told me,.... a neighbours high-up friend told the hairdresser,.... the Baden-Clays were at sports day together...., no they weren't they went separately, ....Allison looked down & sad, no she wasn't she seemed fine.....

Also, going by so many of the posts on here, there must be dozens of our police officers running around outside blathering off to every man & his dog about who killed Allison....

After reading all the umpty eleventy "rumours/gossip", I don't even know if there was or wasn't a mistress in this whole tragic case.

In one of the very first pages, a member "suggested" a possible affair...couple pages later another member stated "the husband was having an ongoing affair"....& then the chase was on!!!

NONE of it makes any sense to me at all...except what the police have actually stated to be FACT!!! & that really is sooo very little to date!!!

I think many on here have taken that above "inch" & created 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar