Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post! Just news update

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-hunt-continues/story-e6freoof-1226353620719

Text of article: POLICE have visited Gerard Baden-Clay at his parent's house this morning, as they continue to search for the killer of his wife Allison.

Two plainclothes detectives arrived at the Kenmore house just after 10am and spoke to Mr Baden-Clay for about 10 minutes at the front door of the house.

It is understood Mr Baden-Clay was visiting his parents this morning.

Police said it was part of their routine inquiries.

More than 600 people attended the funeral for Allison Baden-Clay, 43, at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich yesterday.

Mr Baden-Clay reported his wife missing on the morning of April 20, after he told police he last saw her leaving their Brookfield home about 10pm the night before.

Her body was found under the Kholo Creek bridge on April 30

oh yes, what time did someone say previously that a resident saw the prado with all four doors open? was it early in the evening (that would fit your theory) or middle of the night (not likely to be packing your belongings then)

I'm not sure what time that was. If it is true that police found something in the car, it could have been GBC's personal belongings which police believe shows that GBC was in the process of leaving but for some reason was unfinished.

And let's get something straight for anyone feeling sorry for the killer.....strangulation isn't an accidental escalation of DV, pushing and falling and hitting a head could be......but strangulation is rage....choking the life out of someone to quench their life out, holding their throat squeezing as hard as you can, gritting your teeth and going for broke as they try and scratch back possibly kneeing you in the ribs, fighting for life as he tries to extinguish hers...I'm sure you have all seen it in movies....

Don't offer him sympathy he doesn't deserve it, not one bit!

If a person is in someway involved in the death of another, but which falls short of an intentional killing, then the police are not their friend. The police will almost certainly do everything they can to establish intention, and that is their job. But when the alternatives are a couple of years in prsion versus at least 15yrs, then a lawyer will advise their client that the best course of action is to leave it to the police and the DPP to try and prove every element of the offence, including intention. In the public psyche, it is often very difficult to accept that one person can cause the death of another without an intention to kill, but it occurs frequently. In a high profile case such as this, where the deceased is (literally) portrayed as an innocent angel and the husband as some sort of cold, evil demon then the public mood is that they actually want the accused to have committed an intentional killing. Nothing else will assauge their passion. The lynch mentality is a very powerfl one. And it is fickle, potentially any of us can be the focus of the mob depending on circumstances. In a situation such as that, only the lawyer stands between the accused and the mob. And it is a thoroughly thankless role. The police are cast as heroes, the lawyers as evil, money grabbing opportunists.

Very true! Lawyers are doing a job, the same as the police. People condemn in particular defence lawyers, I don't (and am not involved in law). I agree that in the heat of a moment, someone can unintentionally kill someone, which is what I personally believe happened in this case. Police are being praised for the way they have handled this case, however there are many other cases when the mob have criticised police. Human nature.

And let's get something straight for anyone feeling sorry for the killer.....strangulation isn't an accidental escalation of DV, pushing and falling and hitting a head could be......but strangulation is rage....choking the life out of someone to quench their life out, holding their throat squeezing as hard as you can, gritting your teeth and going for broke as they try and scratch back possibly kneeing you in the ribs, fighting for life as he tries to extinguish hers...I'm sure you have all seen it in movies....

I don't feel sorry for anyone who would do that. Especially if rather than come clean about what happened, they chose to throw her away like she was a piece of rubbish.

If it was in the heat of the moment, then why not come clean and cut a deal rather than a playing out this game of cat and mouse?

I know. You mentioned the tow-ball days before the tow-ball killer

When I heard about the tow-ball killer, it felt weird[/I] ! Almost as if someone was sending a message

No apparent reason for the tow-ball killer to have killed his wife.

yeah....I hear yah......thats how it felt for me too....

Oh sorry, no, elder BC's only had reported gear from their shed taken. Bwana wouldn't allow anyone to take the Love Wagon away :)

From what was reported in the media, the shed was searched, but we don't know if any gear was taken from the shed. They didn't specify this.

Agree, agree, agree - even if someone put their hands around someones neck in temper - if they had a shred of humanity in their body - they would realise what they were doing, and stop! what has happened is horrific! And then to act like a gutless coward, and discard Allison in a creek like a piece of garbage... and try and save their own skin! I think the person needs a noose around their neck...

Strangulation by hand is also a very intimate way to kill someone. Up close. Poor Allison would have been looking into the face of her killer as she passed.

Re ABC funeral, found link with footage of funeral stating Police step-up inquiry as ABC laid to rest/News.com.
This has now been deleted!
So checked direct website link: www.news.com.au/.../allison-baden-clay.../story-e6frfkvr-122635250 and guess what? deleted again!
Lawyers at work?

WOTS BEEN GOING ON???? I been taking kids to work, out to dinner, and shopping...now..I hve a headache but

Im reading quickly and get, drugged, strangled, as maybe's?

I have always thought he put something in her drink or injected her with some horse tranqualizer...then strangled?

This is my first post after reading the threads. It's an interesting case, a lot of mystery, but very sad for all of those involved not least for those young girls.

The picture at the funeral of GBC with his arms around the three girls, he looks the most sad that I've seen him pictured since it started. No matter what happened to Allison this can't have been enjoyable for him and he did have a life with her. If he was involved in her death I'd be surprised if it were premeditated and he didn't care for her at all.

Now to share a theory circulating the local grapevine and rumour mill to see if any sleuths can prove or disprove it. I don't post it as fact but it's another angle to look at this from that i havent seen mentioned and is a possibility that I'd be interested in your thoughts on. The theory goes like this...

ABC and GBC were separated. She had become aware of an affair GBC was having and he was meant to have ended it with them having councilling. Apparently it wasn't over. According to this rumor GBC and the mistress would use the scout camp to meet. On this particular night the girls were at a sleepover so the thought is that she drove out to confront them there. The theory is that whatever happened to Allison happened there and that her car was then returned somehow to the house.

What so you think of this theory sleuths? Running with this idea how do you think things might have happened? It seems to me to be a viable theory to consider.

This indicates the murder scene was the scout camp, however IMO the police spent very little time there. But it is possible. Someone else indicated the police were analysing tyre marks found at the scout camp, but is all rumour at this stage. Do we know if the alleged mistress is single or married? If she is single, then it doesn't make sense that they would meed at a bush area and not at her home.

POLICE have visited Gerard Baden-Clay at his parent's house this morning, as they continue to search for the killer of his wife Allison.

Two plainclothes detectives arrived at the Kenmore house just after 10am and spoke to Mr Baden-Clay for about 10 minutes at the front door of the house.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-hunt-continues/story-e6freoof-1226353620719

Why talk at front door in view of media?

Angel1 come back!:uthere: Hope you are still lurking!

The act of strangulation symbolizes an abuser’s power and control over the victim.Studies indicate that 23% to 68% of women victims of domestic violence have experienced at least one strangulation assault by a male partner during their lifetime;4,5 and 33% to 47.3% women report that their partner had tried to strangle them in the past year.6,7
http://www.sp2.upenn.edu/ortner/docs/factsheet_strangulation.pdf

I read somewhere else that strangulation is almost always carried out by men, rarely women....that would seem to indicate if a woman was involved that it most likely would be as accomplice and not as the killer? and as thestupidtree just said, its rather intimate

Thanks for this - very interesting! If your belief that the interest in the roundabout is to determine the movements of the second vehicle, this would answer the repeated query as to why on earth the perpetrator would take that route in their vehicle, when it is much quieter and darker heading along RG Rd (rather than via the roundabout).

maybe a quiet chat to the solicitor mater who he went to school with...considering there has been suggestions of him being at the house wen the cops arrived early in the morning...?:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member