Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for you all.....How far would you go to to protect your children? HEART VS BRAIN......

Depends on the situation.
If they were in legal trouble I would support them and encourage them to do the right thing. I cannot imagine that I would support illegal behaivour!

If they were in danger or missing, I'd never ever give up trying to help them or find them etc. I expect (and hope I never need to know) that I'd be like the dickies.

Someone asked earlier if GBC is bunkered down....he has been at his Taringa offices today. (mate works in Taringa)

For Christ Sake.......This Man is so keen to be at work!

Why wasn't he this active in looking for his wife?

Imagine being a staff member there at the moment....How do you act around a man that is suspected of killing his wife and someone you knew for that matter?????

I wonder if there have been any resignations?

For those with insight into the law...

If the person/s who took Allison's life was charged with murder/manslaughter and proclaimed death was not intentional (i.e. intended assault but not death), would the potential sentence be impacted much by the related charge of interfering with a corpse/not seeking medical assistance (which may have potentially saved her life?).

1 interference is a separate offence for which any sentence would be concurrent ie served at the same time

2 not seeking medical assistance is IMO circumstances surrounding offence which would be objective in any defence of provocation

Sentencing takes into account many different things, ie chance of rehab, early plea, etc etc

"This is shaping up as the murder trial to end all trials in Queensland with justice for Allison Baden-Clay hopefully only hours away."

Does he know something we don't know...Could it only just be hours away...God I hope something happens today?

I can't stop thinking about the position of the body.
My apologies if I am way off here, but someone posted footage from channel 10 a few threads back. It apparently showed the position of the body. I haven't been able to watch it as I'm on my iPhone and it won't load on here.
It was described that she was on her side with one arm stretched above her head.
Now if someone was hiding a body - dumping it in a dry creek bed or anywhere else, wouldn't they position the arms and legs together - arms by side or in front of the chest? You wouldn't want any stray limbs sticking out (sorry that sounds so awful!). So my thoughts are that the body has moved shortly after being dumped, or dumped well after being killed when rigor has set in (apparently reaches full rigor mortis around 12 hours after death.
Maybe being in water for so long changes this though.
Also sorry if this has aleady been brought up, I'm frantically trying to keep up!!

Rigor mortis varies due to conditions, but wears off after a few days at the most.

"This is shaping up as the murder trial to end all trials in Queensland with justice for Allison Baden-Clay hopefully only hours away."

Does he know something we don't know...Could it only just be hours away...God I hope something happens today?

Was thinking the same thing when I read it! Oh my gawd!

this face to face intense and prolonged act is what made me state earlier that I simply can't imagine GBC doing it....it is just so incredibly cold blooded and he doesnt come across like he has the capacity. I can't really say why I feel this but do feel it really strongly. It's not just his somewhat feminine demeanour (probably not the right description but I dont know how else to put it) I am also aware that this is often done by husbands against their wives so my thoughts about this don't really make sense I know

I cannot imagine a husband strangling their wife, even if the marriage has soured, and they do it in a fit of rage. Especially after reading recent posts on strangulation. I described strangling a person to my husband - very graphically, then asked if our marriage was going down the gurgler and he was mad, could he do that to me. I expected him to say no - his response was 'if I hated you, yes' I was quite shocked - maybe I should be worried....

Not that we know the cause of death - and I would prefer for Allison's sake for it to be a single blow that caused her death. But again - I don't see that as 'accidental' when you hit someone with brute force - you mean to hurt them. And then, to cover it up - sheer cowardice.

Exactly...What could of been more important at Work and Lawyers then to be out looking for the Mother of your Children even if there marriage was on the Rocks.

It is a little odd also to be notified of your wifes death at work.

If Allison's Best friend was at the command Post 24/7 and gave up everything just to be there and support The Dickies, then i think he should of been there aswell...After all he is her husband and Allison is the Mother of his children........What could be more important then that!!

This ahs irritated me from the get go...and with every comment from posters saying they believe him to be innocent....He is definetly not innocent of being a complete TOOL.

These are not the action of a caring human being let alone a devoted and caring huband and Father....IMO

In one of the news footage clips, the reporter said that GBC told them he was banned from attending the Command Post, when they spoke to police they said... umm no we didn't ban him.

He wouldn't have wanted to be put in a situation where he would be asked questions. He was thinking only of himself imo.

I cannot imagine a husband strangling their wife, even if the marriage has soured, and they do it in a fit of rage. Especially after reading recent posts on strangulation. I described strangling a person to my husband - very graphically, then asked if our marriage was going down the gurgler and he was mad, could he do that to me. I expected him to say no - his response was 'if I hated you, yes' I was quite shocked - maybe I should be worried....

Not that we know the cause of death - and I would prefer for Allison's sake for it to be a single blow that caused her death. But again - I don't see that as 'accidental' when you hit someone with brute force - you mean to hurt them. And then, to cover it up - sheer cowardice.

This isn't high on my theory list but...perhaps the husband was feeling a bit frisky but the wife wasn't. He keeps trying to persuade her but she says no. He then forces her to anyway and she then says she is calling the police. He thinks about his family name and his 'reputation' and silences her anyway he can. Just a thought.

In one of the news footage clips, the reporter said that GBC told them he was banned from attending the Command Post, when they spoke to police they said... umm no we didn't ban him.

He wouldn't have wanted to be put in a situation where he would be asked questions. He was thinking only of himself imo.

Wanted to add..he wouldn't have wanted to answer questions or come face to face with ALLISON's FAMILY!

This isn't high on my theory list but...perhaps the husband was feeling a bit frisky but the wife wasn't. He keeps trying to persuade her but she says no. He then forces her to anyway and she then says she is calling the police. He thinks about his family name and his 'reputation' and silences her anyway he can. Just a thought.

His family name doesn t appear to be doing him much good at present, nor his reputation

From my understanding of spousal rape the women usually are in shock and filled with disbelief when this happens, not running for the phone.

This isn't official, but on one of the early threads someone who IMO seemed quite credible, claimed they were close friends with people in Allison's circle and posted a few things about their situation, and one of them was that Allison and GBC were having counselling, and that part of the work they had to do as a couple was that they had to have a discussion every night. Possibly as a way to ensure they were communicating and staying in touch, and also sorting out issues promptly rather than letting them fester. Sounds feasible. If this is the case another reason for a raging argument could simply have been that Allison wanted to have the discussion and there were plenty of 'issues' to talk about, and GBC wanted to avoid the discussion altogether.

I have experienced something similar in 2 past relationships and in both cases my partners at the time would do almost anything not to discuss issues, and would go into rages if you tried to bring anything up. There was never a good time, there was never a nice or tactful or positive way to discuss things that would make them any more amenable. They simply did not want to hear about any problems that involved them having to change or do anything, just the very mention could cause a frightening reaction. This of course is not sustainable, there is only so long you can go sweeping things under the carpet and expecting your partner to say nothing.

If you look through the blog, http://www.expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au, you can find statements that look like they've come from counselling directions, or the sort of things that Allison (as a psych grad) could have identified as personal deficiencies (eg lack of empathy).

"fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner."

Easier to write about than do, IMO.

From my understanding of spousal rape the women usually are in shock and filled with disbelief when this happens, not running for the phone.

My experience of spousal rape is through a friend of mine about 8 yrs ago. She didn't phone the police the first time. But she did the second time.

My experience of spousal rape is through a friend of mine about 8 yrs ago. She didn't phone the police the first time. But she did the second time.

Sorry, I wasn't really thinking of repeated episodes :( So glad that she did it and I hope that they were helpful!
It's so sad that we live in a society where this does happen... This fits in with the narssisistic behaivour, the 'right' to have what he wants.

Holy dooley! if my hubby says he is capable of strangling me, I think I am in need of some serious marriage enhancement. Wonder if the esteemed counsellor will do phone consults from the big house with bars!

If you look through the blog, http://www.expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au, you can find statements that look like they've come from counselling directions, or the sort of things that Allison (as a psych grad) could have identified as personal deficiencies (eg lack of empathy).

"fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner."

Easier to write about than do, IMO.

Or perhaps it was written by the "marriage enhancement facillitator"...who seemed to love his computer...according to a speech he gave at his father's funeral. He'd probably have all the time in the world to write such rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member