Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here but I have been following the thread with great interest.

To me the defining moment was the first (and only I think) time GBC spoke to the press.

As soon as he opened his mouth the first thing he said was:
"I'm just trying to lookk after my children at the moment"
NOT "I'm looking for my wife", pleading for her to return etc.
As soon as he said that, I knew that HE knew she wasn't coming back.
Then he went on with ME,ME,ME blah blah "but I'm ok" who cares this should be the least of your worries your wife is MISSING.
He also looked sideways when mentioning her which seemed shameful or deceptive to me.

I wish he had spoken more but he lawyered up (which is probably a wise move considering how much he gave up in this speech!)

Anyway just my humble opinion.

That is a good point you make - because the children would have been fine being taken care of by sister , mum or Dad...I am sure if they cared enough for Allison and the girls all of the above would of said to him...We will deal with the children whilst you go and look for your wife and their Mother...As far as I know the children were not in immediate danger and would of understood if Daddy was not there because he would of been out looking for Mummy.....Simple.

First post here but I have been following the thread with great interest.

To me the defining moment was the first (and only I think) time GBC spoke to the press.

As soon as he opened his mouth the first thing he said was:
"I'm just trying to lookk after my children at the moment"
NOT "I'm looking for my wife", pleading for her to return etc.
As soon as he said that, I knew that HE knew she wasn't coming back.
Then he went on with ME,ME,ME blah blah "but I'm ok" who cares this should be the least of your worries your wife is MISSING.
He also looked sideways when mentioning her which seemed shameful or deceptive to me.

I wish he had spoken more but he lawyered up (which is probably a wise move considering how much he gave up in this speech!)

Anyway just my humble opinion.

Your humble opinion is well regarded!!! the minute I saw that I said 'That bugger has bumped her off, check him out!!!" then i kept showing the clip to anyone that was interested and to those that weren't as well....

and then I saw her parents and how devestated they were and it was the start of the obsession for me I couldnt for the life of me allow that human refuse and anyone associated to get away with it......

:peace:

I wonder whether they ll wear those bloody yellow jackets to court

I think he should sell them on ebay, don't think he will need those again.

I bet he is nicely shaven and presented for court tho.

Neuromancer I just checked your link toTully's blog but it is a different one. Maybe trying the direct link when it was first mentioned.

This was the one I mentioned earlier today!-
http://paulgtully.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/allison-baden-clay-body-would-never.html

Allison Baden-Clay's killer must have been a meticulous, cold-blooded individual determined her body would never be found.

And there is every chance it would have been concealed forever in the thick vines and undergrowth which line Kholo Creek near Mt Crosby in Brisbane's west.

But the killer did not count on heavy autumn rain on the weekend of 28 - 29 April 2012 which put a one metre flush in Kholo Creek washing her body downstream almost to the mouth of the creek where it enters the Brisbane River, opposite the Ipswich suburb of Karalee.

If Mrs Baden-Clay's body had been dumped further upstream in Kholo Creek closer to the Tyamolum Scout Camp, it is likely to have remained trapped and concealed beneath fallen trees which line the creek bank following the devastating January 2011 Brisbane River flood.

Had this year's unseasonal April showers not hit Brisbane and Ipswich 10 days after she disappeared, it is almost a statistical certainty her body would have slowly perished into oblivion beneath those almost impenetrable vines and undergrowth.

The killer was banking on the fact her body would never be located, just like the disappearance of another former Ipswich girl Sharron Phillips on the Ipswich Motorway at Wacol in 1986.

But the unlikely late autumn rain is now almost certain to lead to the undoing of this callous killer.

Whoever is responsible for this dastardly deed is a cold, calculating brutal killer who knew exactly what they were doing by showing a degree of extreme cunning in the disposal of the victim's body.

But one thing they could never count on was the vagaries of Brisbane's sub-tropical weather and the unseasonal torrent of rain in our creeks and river systems at the end of April which ultimately exposed one of our state's worst crimes in Queensland's 153 year history.

I think someone who had scientific knowledge posted recently that in strangulation it takes 3-4 minutes to ensure they are dead. That is a long time and in that time (unless you strangle from behind which is unusual) you are looking at the victim, they are usually fighting back, and you are continuing to squeeze until they are dead. If you strangle someone to death it is a very conscious thing you are doing in trying to kill them IMO, because you keep going until the job is done.

It's not as common, not even sure if its possible, that if you start to strangle someone and then stop that they die later, whereas if you were hitting them over the head with a blunt instrument and didnt kill them they could get a brain haemorrhage or have other internal bleeding where they would die later.

If it turns out to be strangulation, lets get this straight, it's not an 'accident'. Being regretful for your actions later doesnt mean you didnt mean to kill the person, it could mean you suddenly realise you might have ruined your own life and now you might wish to reconsider. If it is strangulation, let's keep it in mind that this is a person who watched their victim's face as they died in a state of terror, and the reaction in front of them wasn't enough to make them stop. The usual intention is to slience the person, and if that means killing them, that is what they do.

By the way, I know I've said this before but I'll say it again as there are different people on the forum at different times, just because someone did not pre-plan the murder does not mean they didn't 'intend' to kill the person. When you actually killed the person you could very well have intended it, and very much wanted it. It is NOT any less of a crime because the desire to kill only arose in a short space of time. For all we know the murderer might have had a wish to kill their victim on many occasions, and this was the one time they actually did it.

If the 'love tap' rumour is likely to be true, a small female being punched in the face or side of head, by any male (even a pasty limp-wrist) would create potential for unexpected consequences. If the attacker delivered something more than a slap, they wouldn't have to be a big strong guy to do a lot of damage. The victim's brain can bounce inside their skull (along the lines of a knockout in boxing) and render them unconscious, doing damage or causing clots to the brain then, or other damage striking their head in the resulting fall. The artery in the neck can also rupture from any sudden forceful sideways jerking of the head. The initial blow or the unconscious fall could be just as bad as getting hit with an iron bar.

If something like this happened, the attacker could claim there was never any intention to kill the victim, simply delivering a single punch. There's been plenty of cases revolving around an unlikely single punch death of large solid males who were prepared for the blow, let alone a defenceless 60-ish kg woman (but fewer cases - or none I know of - dealing with the killer hiding the body of the victim).

A question for you all.....How far would you go to to protect your children? HEART VS BRAIN......

That is a good point you make - because the children would have been fine being taken care of by sister , mum or Dad...I am sure if they cared enough for Allison and the girls all of the above would of said to him...We will deal with the children whilst you go and look for your wife and their Mother...As far as I know the children were not in immediate danger and would of understood if Daddy was not there because he would of been out looking for Mummy.....Simple.

He seemed to spend a lot of time in his office after, while the children were being watched by others. I think he was trying to get sympathy that he was struggling to care for the kids so they wouldnt bother him.

Couldn't agree more, there is no way i would not be there looking! or if was not allowed due to perhaps contaminating the scene with DNA, i would be there showing support for the searchers. Mind you i would probably be having to be under some sort of sedation as well i reckon.

I think wrapping her in a blanket would have screamed "GUILTY HUSBAND". He might have still been a little fond of her, but he wouldn't have want to leave her in any way that implicated him.

I suspect. IMO. He spent the whole night trying to think about what a random attacker would do, to make it look like someone else had done it. I can see strangulation. Or a head injury IMO. Strangulation does not always take 10 mins, from what I've researched. If you cut off the vein in the side of the neck that supplies oxygen, death can occur in a minute or two.

Hard to know if there was any wrapping or not, if the site was further upstream. Lots of water turbulance on the journey could have removed things.

Strangulation has a couple of mechanisms - compressing airways so you can't breathe and occluding both carotid arteries and jugular veins, to prevent blood flow to/from brain. These require sustained pressure (more for airway than blood vessels because airways are more rigid structures).

What's significant though, is that it needs to be applied for a lot longer to kill someone than render them unconscious (if they pass out and pressure is removed they'll just start breathing again, blood flow resumes, which is why you can't manually strangle yourself, or die from holding your breath). This is where it gets really disturbing - the victim is already limp and unresponsive but the strangulation needs to continue well beyond that to be fatal.

(btw in RL I'm a healthcare professional, not a murderer, just fyi :) )

IGGS, fees for high school are around $15,000 pa. You can apply up to 4 yrs before but you pay $500 fee which is non refundable. Up to 2 yrs before expected enrolment you have a face to face interview.

This Paul Tully thing is huge. He would stand to be in a lot of poop to say this. He is a guy you love or hate. Personally I like him. He's a straight shooter and tends to speak his mind. IMO......He does like the media though ; Oh my goodness, this is massive.

Paul Tully lives in our suburb and I like him and hope he hasn't got it wrong ..sounds like we'll know soon

I agree with your comment. But it is interesting that a high profile Real Estate Business Owner with semmingly endless Business Contacts and associations, employees etc hasn t really had anyone come out of the woodwork and say anything positive about anything. For a high profile in a very affluent and educated area, he seems to have a very low profile. Thoughts

I've a feeling this "high profile" was a part of the reason the massive search was underway so quickly....as opposed to say a jane doe from Woodridge.

That, & whatever it was the police found at the house for them to, very quickly, label it as a crime scene.

Just interested in your thoughts, Who here has reasonable doubt BC responsible ?
Interesting question. But.... a difficult question to answer because as yet there isn't enough facts published to know what the evidence and circumstances are.

I don't commit myself either way because of that.

Hard to know if there was any wrapping or not, if the site was further upstream. Lots of water turbulance on the journey could have removed things.

Strangulation has a couple of mechanisms - compressing airways so you can't breathe and occluding both carotid arteries and jugular veins, to prevent blood flow to/from brain. These require sustained pressure (more for airway than blood vessels because airways are more rigid structures).

What's significant though, is that it needs to be applied for a lot longer to kill someone than render them unconscious (if they pass out and pressure is removed they'll just start breathing again, blood flow resumes, which is why you can't manually strangle yourself, or die from holding your breath). This is where it gets really disturbing - the victim is already limp and unresponsive but the strangulation needs to continue well beyond that to be fatal.

(btw in RL I'm a healthcare professional, not a murderer, just fyi :) )

No worries thanks Dexter!!!!

NBC and EBC have 2 mortgages over their property at Kenmore taken out in 2005 for a total secured amount of $300,000 - exactly the same amount we've heard that GBC apparently borrowed recently? To pay back perhaps? Coincidence?

There's some serious sucking up to NBC by GBC in the blog (eg the link Coolcat just gave above) and business website, which strikes me as a little excessive and manipulative, which would fit with that, and mentions "help" starting the biz, presumably financial.

He seemed to spend a lot of time in his office after, while the children were being watched by others. I think he was trying to get sympathy that he was struggling to care for the kids so they wouldnt bother him.

Exactly...What could of been more important at Work and Lawyers then to be out looking for the Mother of your Children even if there marriage was on the Rocks.

It is a little odd also to be notified of your wifes death at work.

If Allison's Best friend was at the command Post 24/7 and gave up everything just to be there and support The Dickies, then i think he should of been there aswell...After all he is her husband and Allison is the Mother of his children........What could be more important then that!!

This ahs irritated me from the get go...and with every comment from posters saying they believe him to be innocent....He is definetly not innocent of being a complete TOOL.

These are not the action of a caring human being let alone a devoted and caring huband and Father....IMO

For those with insight into the law...

If the person/s who took Allison's life was charged with murder/manslaughter and proclaimed death was not intentional (i.e. intended assault but not death), would the potential sentence be impacted much by the related charge of interfering with a corpse/not seeking medical assistance (which may have potentially saved her life?).

:seeya:

We have a lot of guests right now! If you'd like to join the conversation, consider joining up tonight. I'll check the new registrants in 30 minutes so you can start posting right away! Websleuths is 100% free and we have a lot of interesting private forums for our members too. :D

Someone asked earlier if GBC is bunkered down....he has been at his Taringa offices today. (mate works in Taringa)

For those with insight into the law...

If the person/s who took Allison's life was charged with murder/manslaughter and proclaimed death was not intentional (i.e. intended assault but not death), would the potential sentence be impacted much by the related charge of interfering with a corpse/not seeking medical assistance (which may have potentially saved her life?).

They will be charged with numerous offences....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME