Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Gerard will have to step up now and play both roles in the future ???? ....

Does the family believe that he will be around for a long time ?????

I was surpised to see that also. I am sure it will be a big shock to many if he is innocent. But he won't be the first person hung by the court of popular opinion for reacting to things in a way that seems strange to outsiders.

It's pretty crap to be honest. Goes on about Mother's Day and handmade cards and a family get together. Does mention that ABC's dad is turning 72 today, but apart from that, nothing that you can't read online.

I really feel for Allison's dad (& her mum) as it is his birthday. How sad, he looks understandably totally devastated.

I was surpised to see that also. I am sure it will be a big shock to many if he is innocent. But he won't be the first person hung by the court of popular opinion for reacting to things in a way that seems strange to outsiders.

A big big shock :what:

I think because of why we are here ( the awful thing that has happened to Allison) the 'emotional influence' plays a major part in all of the judgements I make. Wrong, I know.
I agree - it is awful to think that people have spent many years in prison for crimes they did not commit. Thank goodness for forensics - help in proving the innocent are innocent - and the guilty are guilty!
I hope and pray there is enough solid evidence ( forensics, an accomplice willing to point the finger ' I was there, saw him/her do it' and admission of guilt!) in order to get the right result in this case, and that the sentence they receive fits the crime that they have committed.

Send them where the sun don't shine, for a very long time!

OMG - imagine if I were called up for jury duty on this case!! I would be lynched - 'she's got the murderer hung, drawn and quartered before they have opened the doors' - just joking!

Because of the attention it has received - would the case go to trial elsewhere in Australia?

Thanks, Caseload!

I understand. - I asked the same question a while back and a member explained that "no, it will be tried in Brisbane".

Dr Patel, tried in Brisbane, Gordon Nuttall tried in Brisbane....If charged he will be tried in Brisbane..if convicted may give avenue to appeal to higher court

I find it hard to believe that the media are still reporting two different scenarios for the way Allison was last seen by GBC. Some still say he saw her going for a walk at 10pm. Some still say he saw her watching TV at 10pm.

The parents said he told them she went for a walk and didn't come back. That doesn't say morning or night though.

Though At least that small point would have been straight by now

The gossip around legal circles is GBC did it accidentally and Bwana was called in to help clean up the mess but police have no evidence. Old man spotted sitting in bus shelter outside village at the roundabout late Thusday night or early FRiday morning. Female driver stopped to see if he was ok. Apparently he acted oddly and she thought he might have been crazy. Police are looking for anyone else who might have spotted him.

Make of it what you will.

Edited to add: the legal eagles say it's wasn't strangulation but rather a "love tap gone wrong". I'm quoting here.

I find it hard to believe that the media are still reporting two different scenarios for the way Allison was last seen by GBC. Some still say he saw her going for a walk at 10pm. Some still say he saw her watching TV at 10pm.

The parents said he told them she went for a walk and didn't come back. That doesn't say morning or night though.

Though At least that small point would have been straight by now

Agree. And first, the friend says "she told me things, I should have done more" but now it is like "he will get support, but will need to fill both roles of mother and father"?? This is getting more and more intriguing IMO!!

The media release information from ANY source, that is their business to create headlines which people will read and display their advertisements, they are not worried about what is technically correct. i am surprised that other family or friends havent come out swinging, look at Carolyn Byrnes father.

Unfortunately I agree that the headline of today's Sunday Mail is merely an attempt to rattle the cage of the culprit/s and keep the pressure on them. If they had enough evidence they would have arrested someone not just be talking about doing it. Fingers crossed they will be able to put all the pieces together soon and have an air tight case.

Personally I think Mr Baden-Clay Senior might be involved in this. A friend of mine used to work with him when he was in the insurance game and he can't understand why NGC and EBC would have been working in GBC's business at their age in life. My friend is the same age as them and he has been long retired and living the good life and he thought the Baden-Clays would have long been doing so too. Especially since NBC used to act as though he was somebody even way back then. My friend thinks that the only reason that they would have been working in the real estate business is because they had financially backed it so it was in their own best interests to be in there and working.

Yes.
Yes.
I thought that when reading the bio on the C21 site:
“Coming out of retirement to join Gerard in his enterprise has been a wonderful journey so far,” he says. “It’s a joy to apply the experience of relationship-building to the business of real estate.”
(http://web.archive.org/web/20080718224602/http://century21.com.au/westside/agenthome.htm)

The emphasis on "Coming out of retirement" was a bit 'protesteth too much' - justifying the move ("no, no, we don't need the money, just helping son...") +/- controlling Daddy wanting to oversee investment, if there was any.

I wonder though, because escaping Rhodies/S. Africans often took a huge loss on their cash/assets when coming over here, altho in (?1980) when they came over, it was nowhere near as bad as now.

Bahahahahahha!

I love you guys!

I'm a big believer InDogWeTrust. .... Any doubt, lock both your wife and your dog in the boot of your car for an hour, and when you let them out, guess which one is happy to see you .. In-Dog-I-Trust.
No hard feelings

I'm a big believer InDogWeTrust. .... Any doubt, lock both your wife and your dog in the boot of your car for an hour, and when you let them out, guess which one is happy to see you .. In-Dog-I-Trust.
No hard feelings

Lol! Yes, no hard feelings HN man, it is good to 'lick' and make up!

We might never find out the facts. GBC does not have to speak. So accomplices may choose to remain silent too. The onus of proof on evidence gained is on the Police and the Prosecution at Court. Methinks The Law needs to be reviewed and changed.

Man!
I know everyone probably thinks I'm a Lawyer hater!!!
No - it's the Law that is really frustrating me- and yeah, I have a Science degree, not a Law degree - so I havn't got a bloody clue.

But it is wrong, wrong, wrong! I know it is innocent until proven guilty - but lets face it - someone isn't sitting in the dock because a woman was murdered in Brookfield the day they were sitting on a beach in the Bahama's!

In my field, current practice is guided by up to date scientific evidence - changes all the time.

I'm with you - think those Law textbooks need updating - cos there seems to be more protection for the guilty than the innocent!

... Gerard will have to step up now and play both roles in the future ???? ....

Does the family believe that he will be around for a long time ?????

This is what has bothered with the trust fund business. This man has a lot of financial problems, from what I read, he's been taking loans out, etc. No way will I contribute a cent that might be used to fix his financial problems.

I'm no expert on trust funds but I've been around too long to believe that he won't find a way to get his hands on this money and use it to bail himself out of his financial strife.

Attack my post all you like, but I abandoned my rose-colored glasses on human nature a long time ago.

BTW this has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence, but the character of the person himself. I know a self-centred egotistical spiv when i see one.

The law is there to protect the innocent as much as to convict the guilty. They would rather let 20 guilty people off than convict or take freedom from any innocent person. it also helps to keep an eye on abusive use of powers/policing, lets face it , Qld has not a great track record with this

Hope the money raised doesn't go to his legal defence Moggill2.

This is what has bothered with the trust fund business. This man has a lot of financial problems, from what I read, he's been taking loans out, etc. No way will I contribute a cent that might be used to fix his financial problems.

I'm no expert on trust funds but I've been around too long to believe that he won't find a way to get his hands on this money and use it to bail himself out of his financial strife.

Attack my post all you like, but I abandoned my rose-colored glasses on human nature a long time ago.

BTW this has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence, but the character of the person himself. I know a self-centred egotistical spiv when i see one.

For me, the Trust Fund was something set up by her parents to assist the children, in Allison's memory (which lead to believe that they thought he wasn't going to be around to look after the kids himself). However, certain things now reported by the media (yes, could all be made up) are concerning me, because it hints at the fact that maybe the father will be around for a long time to look after his daughters.

This is sounding more and more like the Madeleine McCann case: Lawyers on the scene pretty quickly, setting up of a Trust Fund, police unable to prove who did it although the police think it was "accidental plus cover-up", etc. etc.

I now think we will be waiting for a looooooong time for this to come to court, if indeed it does!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery