Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man!
I'm with you - think those Law textbooks need updating - cos there seems to be more protection for the guilty than the innocent!

The thing is, the onus of 'beyond reasonable doubt' which is applied to criminal cases which is much more stringent as opposed to civil ('on the balance of probabilities') works both ways.

If you were innocent - and there's been heaps of cases where innocent people have been convicted - you would want that level of onus. You would want the prosecution to have to jump through hoops to prove their case, because what is at stake is your liberty which is highly valued in our democratic, liberal society.

I feel ill when I think about people in the U.S who have been wrongly convicted, despite this onus of proof, and were executed, then found after the fact, to be innocent. I can't imagine the hell they would have gone through, knowing they were innocent.

So whilst it sucks in the cases where it looks really obvious that someone is guilty, it sucks less so if you are innocent.

Why would they be interested in an appeal anyway, GBC will ultimately determine where the children attend school anyway, unless he is in prison i guess, but I think there is plenty of unsaid animosity between the families and that one family thinks they are a little better than the other, your guess which way this is, but in the event of incarceration, the Family Court would more than likely place the children where they currently are , ie BC s , and not shift them IMO
Whatever the outcome, he and his family will move away, far away, as their existance here will be tainted forever

The gossip around legal circles is GBC did it accidentally and Bwana was called in to help clean up the mess but police have no evidence. Old man spotted sitting in bus shelter outside village at the roundabout late Thusday night or early FRiday morning. Female driver stopped to see if he was ok. Apparently he acted oddly and she thought he might have been crazy. Police are looking for anyone else who might have spotted him.

Make of it what you will.

Now we're cooking......

This is definitely more likely to be an 'out of place' thing at the roundabout! Not GBC riding down the road, on a little girls bike impersonating Mungo Jerry ( yeah - you will have to plough through Thread 6 if you want to know where that came from - speculation, haha!)

Thanks SKMA - I think we all have suspicions of who, why , mistresses involved - maybe/maybe not- but the
shannanagings at the roundabout - no idea!

Now IF this is anywhere near true... why on earth don't these people show some humanity, and fess up? They took those little girls mum away in the most horrific way - how could anyone live with that; if they had any shred of human decency in them, they would do the right thing.

I don't like the 'no evidence' bit...

For me, the Trust Fund was something set up by her parents to assist the children, in Allison's memory (which lead to believe that they thought he wasn't going to be around to look after the kids himself). However, certain things now reported by the media (yes, could all be made up) are concerning me, because it hints at the fact that maybe the father will be around for a long time to look after his daughters.

This is sounding more and more like the Madeleine McCann case: Lawyers on the scene pretty quickly, setting up of a Trust Fund, police unable to prove who did it although the police think it was "accidental plus cover-up", etc. etc.

I now think we will be waiting for a looooooong time for this to come to court, if indeed it does!!

That's what really gets my goat sometimes. There are so many well-meaning people that do kind, thoughtful things and unfortunately there are just as many spivs out there ready to take advantage of this.

Hi Everyone, I'm a first time poster and avid follower of these threads about ABC.

Just noticed an item on the Brissie Times website saying that:

Charges could be laid over the murder of Brookfield mum-of-three Allison Baden-Clay as early as this week with key test results due very soon.

Police said they were unlikely to make an arrest until they had the results of Mrs Baden-Clay’s autopsy and toxilogy tests.

The results are due some time this week with the usual turnaround for the tests two weeks.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lers-arrest-20120513-1ykec.html#ixzz1uibu7sd2

Gives us a time of a time frame as to when an arrest will be made....do I hear someone shizzing in their pants.....??

Why are they concerned about where they go to High School, that is years away, what about right now ? Where is the trauma counselling ? Why send them to school where no matter how good the intentions of everybody concerned are, they will be exposed to comments and sideways glances, Why arent they protecting those KIDS ? If they know something we don t , then scream, go to the media, DO SOMETHING
Makes me think ABC is not as innocent as we all think

Why are they concerned about where they go to High School, that is years away, what about right now ? Where is the trauma counselling ? Why send them to school where no matter how good the intentions of everybody concerned are, they will be exposed to comments and sideways glances, Why arent they protecting those KIDS ? If they know something we don t , then scream, go to the media, DO SOMETHING

Why would they be interested in an appeal anyway, GBC will ultimately determine where the children attend school anyway, unless he is in prison i guess, but I think there is plenty of unsaid animosity between the families and that one family thinks they are a little better than the other, your guess which way this is, but in the event of incarceration, the Family Court would more than likely place the children where they currently are , ie BC s , and not shift them IMO
Whatever the outcome, he and his family will move away, far away, as their existance here will be tainted forever

So say daddy and grandpappy BC did do it - and went to prison, would the children be left with Grandma BC?

I find it hard to believe that the media are still reporting two different scenarios for the way Allison was last seen by GBC. Some still say he saw her going for a walk at 10pm. Some still say he saw her watching TV at 10pm.

The parents said he told them she went for a walk and didn't come back. That doesn't say morning or night though.

Though At least that small point would have been straight by now

It is important to understand that the media has printed information that reflects what has been said during the investigation. Instead of wondering why the media hasn't clarified his comments in relation to her last movements, you should instead wonder why there is a discrepancy in his version(s). At this point there is no official clarification from police regarding this piece of information, so therefore the media cannot do so either. You also have to remember that these pieces of information are not actually "facts" at this stage, but only what is reported to have been said - according to police. All of the versions of when she was last sighted may well prove to be incorrect down the track, and this is not the fault of the police or the media. Both groups can only report on what is "known" at one particular point in time. When, and if, this changes then that will also be reported.

:waitasec: Hi there, not sure what you mean: "Makes me think ABC is not as innocent as we all think" ?????

If she was a competent caregiver, the kids were happy there then probably, if it was contested by Dickies, then an argument of "the best interests of the children" would develop, it would be a question of capacity as well i spose, But remember, even convicted Fathers are Fathers and have some say in what happens to their children

:waitasec: Hi there, not sure what you mean: "Makes me think ABC is not as innocent as we all think" ?????

There has to be a reason the Dickies and ABC s friends are not condemning the BC s, there has to more to it if they know there was drama in their home, they have not said a damn word against them, WHY ?

you get a perfect view of that bus stop from the traffic camera so if Bwana was there, as suggested, the police would have that footage.

Very true. I was just thinking last night what a great job the media has done at steering our thoughts in particular directions without really making outright statements. Quotes given by the media from Allison's parents, best friend and other sources are very selective and because we don't know the whole of what was actually said by the person, these reported quotes can be taken completely out of context.

I've made a mental note to myself to be careful of being 'led' by the media.
I understand that the media may be trying to 'tell' the public things without actually telling them (if you know what i mean) but I get a bit wary when I read quotes from parents and best friend that seem to contradict the info the media have given us.

Yes - this is all about the kids... can you imagine the emotional scars these little ones will be left with; I know children can be resilient - but to have their mum taken away from them like this. I lost my dear dad to illness, and I was 50 - and I still feel traumatised. But I'm not sure about the ABC comment.

Allison was a victim - but so are those little ones. I am sure the little girls know more - children protect their parents, whatever! what a burden on them.
Are we allowed to talk about the children? even if we are just discussing the affect this has had on them? I'm not sure...

What if ABC had a will. Do you think it might mention in there what would happen to the children if something happened to her and GBC?

Very true. I was just thinking last night what a great job the media has done at steering our thoughts in particular directions without really making outright statements. Quotes given by the media from Allison's parents, best friend and other sources are very selective and because we don't know the whole of what was actually said by the person, these reported quotes can be taken completely out of context.

I've made a mental note to myself to be careful of being 'led' by the media.
I understand that the media may be trying to 'tell' the public things without actually telling them (if you know what i mean) but I get a bit wary when I read quotes from parents and best friend that seem to contradict the info the media have given us.

IMO BC s have been tight lipped because of legal advice, Dickies showing great restraint or no ticker, if it was my daughter, I would like to see anyone stop me getting to the bottom of this, unless there was dirt on Allison which could fly back ? IMO only Thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member