Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are NO Parental rights in Australia, there are only children s rights, and if the above was the case, then the Parents or family could make application to Family Court "in the best interests of the children". Would have strong case if BC s involved. However in saying that, kids, even at that age, would be forming their own opinions, and feature very little in media releases regarding their mental state of mind, where is there help now, not in a few years at high school, sorry but that sounds so ridiculous.

I'm not sure what of my comment sounded so ridiculous to you. I'm sorry if I got the term incorrect re parental right however I work in this area and parents have a lot of rights and it is incredibly difficult to change those even when a parent is in custody - hence why children fester in foster care for so long unable to be adopted as their parents drift in and out of their lives. I wasn't saying a sympathetic judge wouldn't agree to allow access from both families only that it might be tough. Also worse case is that GBC isn't guilty and maintains custody of the girls and cuts off contact with Allison's family altogether as he feels they didn't support him.

Also there are counsellors at the school and there have been sessions run for parents and teachers in how to support the girls and other students through this. They ARE getting help now to deal with it.

The trust fund was suggested to the Dickies as a way to remember their daughter. Often people buy flowers and then those die and wither. They suggested that instead people donate money for the girls. People have donated to flood victims, bushfire appeals, other cases where children have lost parents etc. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to donate. Does it affect you if they get a little money? No not really. The Dickies have started it in their daughters memory therefore they will control it!!

I don't know if he is guilty or not - I really hope he isn't for the sake of the girls. Some of the out there theories are a bit off though. I think we have to be a bit careful about pointing fingers when in fact we know nothing. Does he look suss - absolutely but as for the rest of it the media clips and photos of his family are not the whole story - they are edited moments designed to cause chatter. IMO!!

You put a body in a car, chance of threads from clothes found unless wrapped.

I am with the trailer theory whether some of you like it or not. Police have not ruled it in or out.

I think their business is now well and truly finished. I don't think there would be any chance that it will survive this, even if he or anyone else in his family is not found to be responsible for Allison's murder or anyone in the family the way the family has behaved and conducted themselves throughout this whole ordeal is so disturbing I doubt that anyone would ever want them selling or managing their property again.

BC Car Sales next

The rules of this forum are specific about naming persons not associated with the case. If it has been named in main stream media then we are free to post. And this forum is just another avenue that people will talk these days - yes its uncomfortable for the people involved- but I bet you are unhappy with the written media coverage and go and complain about twitter as well while your at it !!! Social media is always getting a bad wrap - gotta deal with it mate! The world has embraced social media so to be so naive to think that you can stop people bouncing ideas off each other as this forum is set up specifically for is ludicrous.

Sensitivity for livelihoods - well don't read it. If you can't control it chances are you shouldn't be worrying about it! And nobody here wants anything less than the perpertrator put behind bars. So if you think you can do that by antogonising posters here- then you are entitled to your opinion as well.

This is a very good statement and I couldn't put it better myself. Now let's put this conversation behind us and move forward with discussion of the crime. :tyou:

I doubt they used a trailer.... they would have been in a hurry and not wanting to have the caution of having to tow a trailer, esp if they didn't know where they would dump the body.... if they did drive thru the scout grounds, imagine how much more difficult it would be getting the trailer down there? Not to mention obvious....

1, Well if you see the picture of the GBC C21 Prado - what stands out at the back of the car?

2, Having previously been involved in scouting and going off to scout camps, trailers were used to take in tents, patrol, unit cooking and camping equipment. Not a problem towing a trailer with a 4WD like a Prado.

I wasn t being disrespectful, just stating the obvious, I really think that if they had evidence, they would arrest perp, I don t know of any murderer with enough evidence to charge them running around anywhere. I have enjoyed your posts though and your views, just think there is a lot of skeletons in the closet to come out yet as a lot does nt make any sense to me.

They are trying to make sure everything is watertight, and waiting for the toxicology reports. When they've got that they'll make an arrest.

They know they are going to be dealing with a hotshot Barrister with a reputation for getting horrific killers off, so they don't want to stuff this up, they've got one shot to arrest him for murder.

Oh, puh-lease not the trailer thing again - have you been reading for the past 7 threads and 2 weeks? There has been no posting of a trailer evidence - apart from one being in their back yard 2 years ago on Google Earth. I mean, really, put the body in the trailer and let's go Dad....Again, will EAT MY HAT, if they did that. They're way too cunning for that overt public display.

I'm not sure what of my comment sounded so ridiculous to you. I'm sorry if I got the term incorrect re parental right however I work in this area and parents have a lot of rights and it is incredibly difficult to change those even when a parent is in custody - hence why children fester in foster care for so long unable to be adopted as their parents drift in and out of their lives. I wasn't saying a sympathetic judge wouldn't agree to allow access from both families only that it might be tough. Also worse case is that GBC isn't guilty and maintains custody of the girls and cuts off contact with Allison's family altogether as he feels they didn't support him.

Also there are counsellors at the school and there have been sessions run for parents and teachers in how to support the girls and other students through this. They ARE getting help now to deal with it.

The trust fund was suggested to the Dickies as a way to remember their daughter. Often people buy flowers and then those die and wither. They suggested that instead people donate money for the girls. People have donated to flood victims, bushfire appeals, other cases where children have lost parents etc. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to donate. Does it affect you if they get a little money? No not really. The Dickies have started it in their daughters memory therefore they will control it!!

I don't know if he is guilty or not - I really hope he isn't for the sake of the girls. Some of the out there theories are a bit off though. I think we have to be a bit careful about pointing fingers when in fact we know nothing. Does he look suss - absolutely but as for the rest of it the media clips and photos of his family are not the whole story - they are edited moments designed to cause chatter. IMO!!

Under the Australian family law Act Parents have no " rights " it is the children who have rights , the maternal grandparents could apply for access or " care and control ". I hope the kids are receiving help, just don t agree with them attending school so soon after this horrific event, I know some people will say normal activity is good activity but sideways glances and whispers can t be controlled 100 % I believe very damaging

Oh and I am with Kimster. If I was (awfully) one of the people who are in the middle of this. I wouldn't be reading this. Friends of friends etc. I have NEVER gone into any forum like this. EVER. But I have found the people here (99%) thoughtful, respectful, insightful and never ghoulish or nasty. I can't say why I or a lot of people are so interested in this case - I'm still working it out/all through myself - but it has been a good, communicative and supportive forum. And I think the people who run this forum (in the un-regulated world of the web) have done a FANTASTIC job of keeping it respectful, helpful and about helping find out how this might have happened so someone/somewhere is held culpable for this crime. I'm not saying we're going to solve it here - but it helps to 'talk'/share with people who are interested, intelligent, sensitive and ultimately care enough to spend a lot of time on this site! (Hello, it's Mother's Day - and my 2 kids are in here playing Barbies..while I type..before it's time for Bath & Bed.) XX

If you are interested in a taste of the Baden-Clay family, follow the link; it is the order of service for GBC's grandfather. Three-quarters of the way down the page are the memories Nigel Clay has of his father. It illustrates their place in society and why, perhaps, they may mistakenly consider themselves above the law (and also why he has animal skulls proudly displayed outside his house).

http://www.spanglefish.com/gervasclay/index.asp?pageid=158939

Thanks for the link!

The elitism is expected, considering both the family background and the colonial experience.

While I don't enjoy the animal skulls, they make sense when seen as a reminder of a much happier time in Africa, just as a cultural artifact. I don't think they're sinister in themselves, but more a sign of living a bit in the past, and proudly hanging on to it. A time of abundance, the freedom and privilege that comes with being at the top of the social order, and of having hot and cold running servants.

So what you are saying is that you don't know. Why would not a trailer be used? How can you discount that? It seems you know only what you have read in the press.

Yes - and that we're only meant to be discussing things that can be verified by media and other available reference sources, and our analysis of same.

Why would you want to talk about a trailer? What difference would it make? what's the point?

I don't think it will affect the business in the long term, anyone selling or buying a property is really only interested in results, not the personal lives of the agent.

They are trying to make sure everything is watertight, and waiting for the toxicology reports. When they've got that they'll make an arrest.

They know they are going to be dealing with a hotshot Barrister with a reputation for getting horrific killers off, so they don't want to stuff this up, they've got one shot to arrest him for murder.

I couldn't agree more. For example drink drivers - there are a number of instances where people have been caught for drink driving, have an astronomical blood alcohol reading but due to a technicality, have gotten off because the police did not follow procedure to the 'T'. The barristers jump on any departure from proper procedure.

See the PPRA (Police Powers and Responsibilities Act) and am sure they are governed by other legislation regarding evidence gathering etc.

The police have come so far, they are up against a formidable barrister who will be looking for any hint of the police stuffing up.

I totally get that noone would have been thinking clearly at the time if this is true - but I can't understand why on earth Bwana would wait in that bus shelter in the most public place in Kenmore? They live in Durness St, which is kind of on the way to the roundabout from the BC residence - why on earth wouldn't GBC have just dropped in there and collected him? Why sit at the bus shelter for all to see? Not sure if I'm flying with this one.

Yes, i'm not 100% convinced on this either. Unless it was purely to do with being in a panic and trying to do it very quickly. So GBC rings Daddy and tells him what happened and suggests he says she went missing on a walk - or he and Daddy cook this up together. They then turn to getting rid of the body, Daddy says pick me up and I'll help you, they name the spot, Daddy says for gods sake hurry, I'll see you at the roundabout. Maybe he goes out to the roundabout to actually explain why he's leaving the house, maybe initially he doesnt tell wifey what he is doing exactly, just says "I'm going out to get a late night snack from the servo". This gives him time to think, he parks in the Kenmore Village carpark, Gerard still isnt there, so to save time he goes out to the bus stop. so Gerard can just whizz by and pick him up quickly. Still not sure about this.

The other option is that NBC might not have been the guy at the bus stop, maybe the out of place activity at the roundabout was just the two of them parking there and getting out to dispose of the mobile phone and other items in bins or something.

Not sure what happened but i do think it makes sense that if there is an accomplice it is NBC and not the woman mentioned, for the reasons others have said.

It's not a rumour re the trailer. Someone posted some CCTV footage at the intersection with a white SUV towing at 3am or so in the morning on this forum on last Friday morning. There have been possibly 2 sightings of the trailers at GBC and his father's house. Why are people here now discounting? Its totally plausible or are some posters trying to shut down conversation??

That was a random screen shot of a vehicle towing a trailer NOT on the night Allison disappeared. The only thing relating it to the case was that it was posted on here.

I don't think it will affect the business in the long term, anyone selling or buying a property is really only interested in results, not the personal lives of the agent.

I think his Business is 100 % finished regardless of the outcome, good for his competitors i guess

It's not a rumour re the trailer. Someone posted some CCTV footage at the intersection with a white SUV towing at 3am or so in the morning on this forum on last Friday morning. There have been possibly 2 sightings of the trailers at GBC and his father's house. Why are people here now discounting? Its totally plausible or are some posters trying to shut down conversation??

That was nothing to do with the investigation - it was just a screenshot taken on the night police were questioning people at the roundabout. Was just a random car driving past. I was here when the poster was trying to work out how to upload it.

Why on earth would you want to use a trailer when you have two big SUVs? I could transport a body in my Mirage! :)

Yes but these armchair sleuths should not be mentioning names of people who have not been mentioned by the Police or the media otherwise where does it end and we are talking about people's lives here for Christ sakes. Why should someone or other parties who had nothing to do with this henious act come 'out punching' or justifying themselves ? what a silly remark to say that shutting up and hiding is doing them no favours!! These women that keep being named on this forum or mentioned regularly owe nothing at this stage or may never owe anything to this case whasoever.

show some sensitivity about these people's lives and livliehoods!

Its a shame that no sensitivity was shown in the disposal of abc's body.

Those taxidermed animals heads at the BWANA's home deeply disturb me. I keep telling myself it is not rational to be so repulsed, but I really think they send a horrible message. I have never seen anything like it, and I haven't led a sheltered life.

Yes, especially as they are in such pride of place in the front entry where you can even see them when you approach the house. Obviously placed there to show off to as many people as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member