Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I agree that the headline of today's Sunday Mail is merely an attempt to rattle the cage of the culprit/s and keep the pressure on them. If they had enough evidence they would have arrested someone not just be talking about doing it. Fingers crossed they will be able to put all the pieces together soon and have an air tight case.

Personally I think Mr Baden-Clay Senior might be involved in this. A friend of mine used to work with him when he was in the insurance game and he can't understand why NGC and EBC would have been working in GBC's business at their age in life. My friend is the same age as them and he has been long retired and living the good life and he thought the Baden-Clays would have long been doing so too. Especially since NBC used to act as though he was somebody even way back then. My friend thinks that the only reason that they would have been working in the real estate business is because they had financially backed it so it was in their own best interests to be in there and working.

Now if the marriage was on the rocks and say ABC had decided to actually end the marriage and get a divorce then they would have to divide up assets etc and that would have no doubt jeopardised an already struggling business.

Maybe NBC knew ABC was home alone and the kids were at a sleepover so he went to speak with her about the divorce prospect, hoping to change her mind. ABC fed up with her cheating husband and sick of her in laws interference and domineering ways stands up for herself and an argument ensues.......NBC loses his temper and.......

Just throwing it out there.

I had actually wondered the same thing

Yes, especially as they are in such pride of place in the front entry where you can even see them when you approach the house. Obviously placed there to show off to as many people as possible.

I don't see them as aesthetic, they're a statement, similar to the 'BWANA' n/plate.

http://video.goldcoast.com.au/2230232878/Scout-grounds-search

GOOGLE MAPS - BROOKFIELD ROAD TO TYAMOLUM SCOUT CAMP

DRIVE TIME and DISTANCE: 20 MINS, 16.3KM

Driving directions to 31 Bunya St, Mt Crosby QLD 4306

Brookfield Rd
Brookfield QLD 4069

1. Head south-east on Brookfield Rd towards Deerhurst Rd

3.3 km
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Moggill Rd/State Route 33

400 m
3. Turn right to stay on Moggill Rd/State Route 33

6.6 km
4. Turn right onto State Route 37

5.7 km
5. Turn right onto Bunya St

Destination will be on the right

350 m

31 Bunya St
Mt Crosby QLD 4306

Does anyone think they labs were able to get samples of any skin left under the nails of the deceased (assuming there was a struggle and ABC say scratched the perpetrator(s)) and do a match with some of the DNA taken from any suspect?

I agree Greg and I think EBC is fully aware of everything that happened that night too. I think that is what was behind that bizarre kissing scene. That was her way of saying that she was standing by her man so to speak.

Did you see the pictures of the Senior Baden-Clays at the funeral. Just looks of contempt on their faces.

doesnt look like contempt to me - bit hard to draw conclusions from random photo ,,

Does anyone think they labs were able to get samples of any skin left under the nails of the deceased (assuming there was a struggle and ABC say scratched the perpetrator(s)) and do a match with some of the DNA taken from any suspect?

that would only prove they had a fight

That was nothing to do with the investigation - it was just a screenshot taken on the night police were questioning people at the roundabout. Was just a random car driving past. I was here when the poster was trying to work out how to upload it.

Why on earth would you want to use a trailer when you have two big SUVs? I could transport a body in my Mirage! :)

LOL!!! I was just about to say the same thing about my Getz :p I have also moved a fridge in a barina :-D

It's not a rumour re the trailer. Someone posted some CCTV footage at the intersection with a white SUV towing at 3am or so in the morning on this forum on last Friday morning. There have been possibly 2 sightings of the trailers at GBC and his father's house. Why are people here now discounting? Its totally plausible or are some posters trying to shut down conversation??

Southern Rain yes someone posted footage but I think that footage was of the roundabout and cars travelling through said roundabout. Because of this people latched onto the trailer and decided that the body was travelling around in a trailer.

Hi everyone,

first time poster here. I've been following this case since the beginning. Like many of you, somewhat baffled as to why this particular case has made such an impression, to the point of almost becoming slightly obsessive (only slightly). What an amazing woman ABC was. So talented, and by all accounts, a beautiful mum. Right from the word go I had a feeling that she 'knew' the person who ended her life. Accident or premeditated, who knows. But def more than one person involved. I share the opinion that blood is thicker than water-more than likely Main perp had help from family member in covering up crime. I'm praying that the police can get all the evidence they need to seal this.Sooner would be great-but no matter how long it takes...

I don't see them as aesthetic, they're a statement, similar to the 'BWANA' n/plate.

Im disgusted by them (the dead animals...and possibly the BCs)......But, I know, i'm from a different world to them.

With that said....I look at the taxidermist crap, the BWANA crap....and just laugh. I think NBC thinks he is Mufasa from the Lion King.

He thinks he is King of the Pride.....Like he probably did back in his homeland.

We are talking about 30 detectives, a very competent forensic pathologist who will want to be peer reviewed and confident in his findings, and MA all of whom are going to face this SC in some shape or form. We shouldn't put any pressure on to want answers yet

As to how people can afford expensive legal representation. The solicitor would require that the client place an initial sum of money into his trust account, and monthly invoices will be drawn against this. The barrister will also require this. The barrister is paid by the solicitor, not directly by the client. In many cases the client will not have the cash needed and so will mortgage a property that they own to cover it. The solicitor may then be the mortgage holder or it may be done through a bank. If the client is subsequently acquited then the fees paid for their defence are not recoverable from the State. People (and their relatives/friends) quite often lose their homes after successfully defending criminal charges. Legal aid is very difficult to obtain due to the relevant means tests. If you are going to mortgage your home, or ask your relatives to, in order to defend yourself then you might as well use the money to get the best you can afford, since the money will not be recouped.

As to lawyers dealing with clients who make admissions or confessions but who want to plead not guilty. The lawyer must inform the client that the lawyer is unable to say anything in court which is inconsistent with what the client has said. They cannot, for instance, assert that the client was not present at the time of the offence, suggest to eye-witnesses that they are mistaken or suggest to the jury some other version of events other than what the client has told them. They can only put the Crown to proof and suggest to the jury that the Crown has not met this evidentiary burden. That is sometimes effective where the Crown case is largely circumstantial. If the client insists on giving oral evidence in court then the lawyer cannot allow the client to say anything under oath which is inconsistent with the confession made. If the client does this, regardless, then the lawyer must withdraw from the matter, without telling the court why. The judge will of course realise what is going on.

Barristers do not generally have the option of refusing, or withdrawing from, a case because they dislike or disapprove of a client. The cab rank rule requires them to accept a brief where the matter is within their expertise and they have the time. Criticising barristers for complying with their ethical responsibilities is pointless. Outside many court buildings you will see a statue of a lady with a blindfold holding scales. Themis represents justice being blind. Meaning that cases are decided on the evidence, not on personal feelings, hunches, biases or community outrage. If a prosecution fails it is either because the accused was indeed innocent, or the evidence was insufficient to establish guilt beyond reasonable doubt, or the prosecution was incompetent. The idea of some clever barrister getting a person off is a myth. There are no secret arguments or rules to find. Witnesses may not be tricked. But defective evidence and insufficient procedural work can and should be identified by a competent lawyer.

They're saying "Ask me about my past life in Rhodesia, back when I was somebody, back when I was a big wheel. My father taught me to shoot. He was an Oxford man, you know." etc, etc. Cue self-aggrandisment etc.

Or they could simply be kept as reminders of a much-enjoyed boyhood spent in circles where shooting animals was a common past time and something to which many young boys aspired. Instead of being excited to get a drivers licence, I suspect being allowed to go hunting with the men was the big thriill of young lives.

I see it as horses for courses. I don't think it goes to character, just culture.

Its a shame that no sensitivity was shown in the disposal of abc's body.

Yes - I think the treatment of Allison's body tells us a lot, about both the perp's attitude towards Allison, and his ability to consider how her daughters and parents would remember that for the rest of their lives.

ie (1) utter disregard and distain (2) none

Even if you could argue accidental death by misadventure, the callous body treatment says "no way". And the person responsible has displayed their utter self-absorption, and lack of empathy and human decency.

You put a body in a car, chance of threads from clothes found unless wrapped.

I am with the trailer theory whether some of you like it or not. Police have not ruled it in or out.

Nobody has to like your theory - nor do they have to agree with it.

If you put a body in a trailer it's no more or less difficult for forensics than in a car.

The police have not ruled it in or out as I believe you will find that the body was transported in the white pajero. A trailer has never been suggested, investigated as the mode of transport I believe has been ascertained.

You put a body in a car, chance of threads from clothes found unless wrapped.

I am with the trailer theory whether some of you like it or not. Police have not ruled it in or out.

yes, and you would expect to find clothes fibers and her DNA as she woudl ahve been in cars many times.. really a trailer seems unlikely- even in a panic you can work out ABC may have been in the cars many many times - whereas DNA clothes fibers etc in the trailer woudl be suspicious as i bet she didnt regualary sit/lie down in trailer..

As to how people can afford expensive legal representation. The solicitor would require that the client place an initial sum of money into his trust account, and monthly invoices will be drawn agains this. The barrister will also require this. The barrister is paid by the solicitor, not directly by the client. In many cases the client will not have the cash needed and so will mortgage a property that they own to cover it. The solicitor may then be the mortgage holder or it may be done through a bank. If the client is subsequently acquited then the fees paid for their defence are not recoverable from the State. People (and their relatives/friends) quite often lose their homes after successfully defending criminal charges. Legal aid is very difficult to obtain due to the relevant means tests. If you are going to mortgage your home, or ask your relatives to, in order to defend yourself then you might as well use the money to get the best you can afford, since the money will not be recouped.

As to lawyers dealing with clients who make admissions or confessions but who want to plead not guilty. The lawyer must inform the client that the lawyer is unable to say anything in court which is inconsistent with what the client has said. They cannot, for instance, assert that the client was not present at the time of the offence, suggest to eye-witnesses that they are mistaken or suggest to the jury some other version of events other than what the client has told them. They can only put the Crown to proof and suggest to the jury that the Crown has not met this evidentiary burden. That is sometimes effective where the Crown case is largely circumstantial. If the client insists on giving oral evidence in court then the lawyer cannot allow the client to say anything under oath which is inconsistent with the confession made. If the client does this, regardless, then the lawyer must withdraw from the matter, without telling the court why. The judge will of course realise what is going on.

Barristers do not generally have the option of refusing, or withdrawing from, a case because they dislike or disapprove of a client. The cab rank rule requires them to accept a brief where the matter is within their expertise and they have the time. Criticising barristers for complying with their ethical responsibilities is pointless. Outside many court buildings you will see a statue of a lady with a blindfold holding scales. Themis represents justice being blind. Meaning that cases are decided on the evidence, not on personal feelings, hunches, biases or community outrage.

Wow that really puts things in perspective. I didn't know anything about this. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oh, puh-lease not the trailer thing again - have you been reading for the past 7 threads and 2 weeks? There has been no posting of a trailer evidence - apart from one being in their back yard 2 years ago on Google Earth. I mean, really, put the body in the trailer and let's go Dad....Again, will EAT MY HAT, if they did that. They're way too cunning for that overt public display.

Yes: "hey pops can I swing by and grab your trailer"... NBC: But son it's 2am..."Yes, I just have to dispose of a body quietly and unobtrusively"...

Sorry it's just my over worked weekend poor humour... I can see the fervent imaginations running wild...

Well a woman getting a 'love tap' DID go OUT like lightening from SKMAs' explanation...........OUT meaning stone dead when she hit the floor.

Had to be a hit so hard, like a car hitting her to cause that to go wrong and kill her.

Internal brain contusions from being ripped inside by the contra coup action (back and forward so fast) would instant haemorraging too.

If this was the case, do you think that she would have been bleeding either from where she was hit or from her nose, mouth etc. I'm sorry to be graphic - but fairly sure that you can handle it Berry. If she was bleeding, then there would have to be blood in the house, car, site of disposal ............ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member