Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you both mean.....On Mothers Day, hubby had a chat with me. Expressed I am spending too much time on here. Deep down, I know he is right, but i am compelled to know as much as I can about this.

We were driving around a suburb called Endeavour Hills, a place we are maybe thinking of moving too, cheaper and bigger homes, than where we are currently. He said, "lets walk around the neighbourhood and see if we get a good feel for it".....The four of us trudge off for a walksies......Kids in front, us in tow.......and then bub (7) says "MUM, theres a soccer club". Hubby and I had just reached a compromise, that I would come on when the cleaning is done, etc We look at the sign where it says :

BADEN-POWELL DRIVE

I even took a photo, to show you all (not that it is case relevant, but the name was)....But, my internet is so slow, it wont let me download it...Will do it in a few days :(

Hubby said "WoooooooW, that was freaky.....You arent gonna let this go are you?"

I just can't.....I need to know what happened to this lady. I know I am no where near damned savvy enough to nut it out......nor do I want to try.......But I do want to know what everyone thinks about this case and love putting my 2 or 10 cents in.

Yes, I agree, I realise this - IF the love-tap rumour is correct. But there has also been a rumour it was strangulation which I think was posted on here from what seemed to be a reliable source as well. (both sources unknown of course, and both are rumours, but it seems likely it has to be one or the other because I dont hink the body showed signs of stabbing or bludgeoning. but then I guess there's still poisoning or smothering)

yeah totally agree - if it's strangulation it will be a different kettle of fish - hard to suggest you accidentally squeezed someone's throat for 4 minutes or more :(

They are Rhodesians not Zimbabweans as left in 1980 when name changed. NBC would have fought in the Rhodesian Bush War - being GBC's age and having grown up there during that time, it was not a nice time. The stories we heard as children were terrible. NBC may well have "killed" someone during the war but as a soldier which was asked of him.

Rhodesian Bush War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep.....and it wasn't voluntary. All boys when they reached a certain age had to fight and bare arms, all for the name of military service. Same in South Africa, once they reach an age, they have to do a couple of years for their country. My ex boss (a gentle fella), hated it.

I know what you both mean.....On Mothers Day, hubby had a chat with me. Expressed I am spending too much time on here. Deep down, I know he is right, but i am compelled to know as much as I can about this.

We were driving around a suburb called Endeavour Hills, a place we are maybe thinking of moving too, cheaper and bigger homes, than where we are currently. He said, "lets walk around the neighbourhood and see if we get a good feel for it".....The four of us trudge off for a walksies......Kids in front, us in tow.......and then bub (7) says "MUM, theres a soccer club". Hubby and I had just reached a compromise, that I would come on when the cleaning is done, etc We look at the sign where it says :

BADEN-POWELL DRIVE

I even took a photo, to show you all (not that it is case relevant, but the name was)....But, my internet is so slow, it wont let me download it...Will do it in a few days :(

Hubby said "WoooooooW, that was freaky.....You arent gonna let this go are you?"

I just can't.....I need to know what happened to this lady. I know I am no where near damned savvy enough to nut it out......nor do I want to try.......But I do want to know what everyone thinks about this case and love putting my 2 or 10 cents in.

There is one in Carina too, there used to be a scout hall there and they pulled it down and built a few houses.

There is one in Carina too, there used to be a scout hall there and they pulled it down and built a few houses.

I almost felt contempt for it....I wanted to throw rocks at it (though realised how infantile that would have looked). If they were involved in her murder, I know fully well one cannot blame, the Baden Powell name for it.....But to have so much fame, that they are street names, states away......BAHHHHHH!!!!

BADEN-POWELL DRIVE

Hi Willough, FWIW ...

Life goes on. The Dickies' lives must go on and those of the children and all those trying to help the children. Meals are being cooked, dishes and clothes washed, groceries purchased, even a bit of tv watching goes on. And that's the immediate family

So many cases have passed beneath the bridge. So many fora filled with comments -- months, even years of them, in each case

I look back now at all the fora I am or have been member of. All the atrocious crimes. All the sleuthing, online discussions. Thousands of hours. Madeleine McCann. Zahra Baker. Joanna Yeates being just a few

The months and years pass and you remember how absorbing it was. But in the end, it's out of our hands. Trial dates are set. Sometimes trials are televised. Sometimes the culprit is sentenced. Other times they walk free

Through it all, we have our own families, right under our noses. Time and opportunity we'll never get back

In months or years to come, you'll remember some of the time you spent here. By then, the case will have been dealt with by the law. You might come across this forum in your Favourites. And believe it or not, this case will probably leave you with something of a bad taste in your mouth. It will taste like dust. You might regard your current preoccupation with the case as being something of an aberration. By then, you'll have no emotional attachment and you might wish you hadn't devoted so much of your life and time to it

because you have your own life and your own family and they're alive now. Every minute spent here is a minute you take from your own life and family and they're minutes you couldn't buy back for millions of dollars once your children are grown or at the end of your own life

Yes that was to do with the Mathew Stanley case. Punched at a Party by another youth. Think it was his Father actually that instigated the campaign.

Awesome, thanks. I'd only seen an ep of "Australian Story" about a girl involved with it because of death in her family - didn't have details at hand. I see the Stanleys have been involved too.

Addit: went digging around - it's a great story for people interested in investigation and justice

"After her father’s attacker was acquitted of manslaughter, Jonty pioneered the successful ‘One Punch Can Kill’ educational campaign, which was adopted by the Queensland Government in 2007. "
http://www.australianoftheyear.org.au/recipients/?m=jonty-bush-2009

Jonty Bush - won Young Australian of the Year
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL59Zqf1svE"]Jonty Bush Young Australian of the Year 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty inspirational video about how a young girl who'd had a particularly traumatic life managed to get legal outcomes of murder/manslaughter trials changed.

"JONTY BUSH: When it got to court because of the One Punch Can Kill campaign, that allowed the prosecutor to speak to the jury around accident defence and how that couldn't be applied in that case because the defendant would have been aware that one punch can kill. And that was perhaps one of the most tangible outcomes we had where the family came out afterwards and said, "This is a result of the campaign.""

transcript: http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2011/s3306696.htm

BADEN-POWELL DRIVE

Yep there is a Baden Powell Park not too far from me as well.....

Hi Willough, FWIW ...

Life goes on. The Dickies' lives must go on and those of the children and all those trying to help the children. Meals are being cooked, dishes and clothes washed, groceries purchased, even a bit of tv watching goes on. And that's the immediate family

So many cases have passed beneath the bridge. So many fora filled with comments -- months, even years of them, in each case

I look back now at all the fora I am or have been member of. All the atrocious crimes. All the sleuthing, online discussions. Thousands of hours. Madeleine McCann. Zahra Baker. Joanna Yeates being just a few

The months and years pass and you remember how absorbing it was. But in the end, it's out of our hands. Trial dates are set. Sometimes trials are televised. Sometimes the culprit is sentenced. Other times they walk free

Through it all, we have our own families, right under our noses. Time and opportunity we'll never get back

In months or years to come, you'll remember some of the time you spent here. By then, the case will have been dealt with by the law. You might come across this forum in your Favourites. And believe it or not, this case will probably leave you with something of a bad taste in your mouth. It will taste like dust. You might regard your current preoccupation with the case as being something of an aberration. By then, you'll have no emotional attachment and you might wish you hadn't devoted so much of your life and time to it

because you have your own life and your own family and they're alive now. Every minute spent here is a minute you take from your own life and family and they're minutes you couldn't buy back for millions of dollars once your children are grown or at the end of your own life

You are so right and thanks so much...Today, I stayed off, until 4ish.....Got everything done....Will hop off again soon, to spend time with the littleys and wont be back on till they hit the hay.....It can be quite time zapping. xx

I can think of four people. Number five has me stumped. :waitasec:

I know, it's the bloke in the bus shelter! :what:

Nah it's the canoeist lol........joke

Maybe siblings mumma dadda and Gbc

laserdisc10, thanks for your insight, and I agree with such alot of what you said. Particularly as above.. it is out of our hands. As much as we might want to know what happened, or hope to work it out and see justice done. At the end of the day, are we really going to? Until the facts are presented and people are arrested. This has been in part my one of my reason to step away a little too. As much as we want to work it out, thats what the police are working damn hard to do. And if we have something we think my be relevant to help them solving it, than the best thing to do is contact them..not just nut it out in a forum.(no digs).. We have to try to keep some perspective. It doesn't mean we are heartless or don't care, but we also need to keep a hold on the reality of our lives. What will happen or play out with this case, will happen regardless.

I do hope and believe someone will be caught(or some people ;) ) and justice will be done, though it will never bring back 3 kids their mum and a family their daught er, sister and wife(yes I know there is suspicion on him- but until facts are known and proven- he may well be in just as much loss as the rest of the family)

I Understand the compelling nature of this case and the want to come back and check up on things too.;)

Awesome, thanks. I'd only seen an ep of "Australian Story" about a girl involved with it because of death in her family - didn't have details at hand. I see the Stanleys have been involved too.

Addit: went digging around - it's a great story for people interested in investigation and justice

"After her father’s attacker was acquitted of manslaughter, Jonty pioneered the successful ‘One Punch Can Kill’ educational campaign, which was adopted by the Queensland Government in 2007. "
http://www.australianoftheyear.org.au/recipients/?m=jonty-bush-2009

Jonty Bush - won Young Australian of the Year
Jonty Bush Young Australian of the Year 2009 - YouTube

Pretty inspirational video about how a young girl who'd had a particularly traumatic life managed to get legal outcomes of murder/manslaughter trials changed.

"JONTY BUSH: When it got to court because of the One Punch Can Kill campaign, that allowed the prosecutor to speak to the jury around accident defence and how that couldn't be applied in that case because the defendant would have been aware that one punch can kill. And that was perhaps one of the most tangible outcomes we had where the family came out afterwards and said, "This is a result of the campaign.""

transcript: http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2011/s3306696.htm

you're right I think Jonty Bush did jump on board with the campaign too.

Where can I see the link to the MBB (Mumma Bwana Bear) big pash in the carport? Anyone have any links please.

Just don't google "granny pash"...
I have seen things that can't be unseen :what:

Whoda thunk there'd be a market for that kinda stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member