Still Missing Australia - Amber Haigh, 19, still missing, NSW, 5 June 2002 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Notebook Amber Haigh left behind

reveals loneliness and hurt in final days before disappearance.

In a notebook found after Haigh disappeared,
she had written in careful printing:

'When will I get someone to love me.
I feel so lonely'."

A retired married couple have been found not guilty of murdering 19-year-old mum Amber Haigh, who disappeared more than two decades ago from regional NSW.

Robert and Anne Geeves, both 64, will walk free after Justice Julia Lonergan acquitted the pair today following a lengthy judge-only trial in the Supreme Court at Wagga Wagga.

A retired married couple have been found not guilty of murdering 19-year-old mum Amber Haigh, who disappeared more than two decades ago from regional NSW.

Robert and Anne Geeves, both 64, will walk free after Justice Julia Lonergan acquitted the pair today following a lengthy judge-only trial in the Supreme Court at Wagga Wagga.

How on earth

Wow, did not see that coming...........:mad::(

Amber's case would have been better heard before a jury. imo

From your link, the two things that the judge couldn't be sure of beyond a reasonable doubt are:

398 (i) that the Geeves had the shared motive to kill Amber in order to assume full parental control of Ben
398 (ii) that they did not take her to Campbelltown Railway Station on 5 June 2002, (and as part of this, Amber could not have withdrawn money from her bank account in Campbelltown).

Amber Haigh: Couple accused of killing teen to steal baby acquitted - the first I'd heard of this case was this BBC article today, what a pity there apparently wasn't enough evidence to convince the judge, as while they may be viewed not guilty by the court, there's definite conclusions I can reach from the circumstances. Seems more than a little implausible that she should somehow come by an accident/random unconnected murderer while briefly away from those who, IMO, groomed her. And this is a man who already seems lucky to have escaped conviction over another dead girlfriend. Either he's the unluckiest man on earth with what happens to his partners, or....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13
Back